Waiting2BwithHim

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  158
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

1 Tim 3:2 A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, temperate, sober-minded, of good behavior, hospitable, able to teach;

" v12 Let deacons be the husbands of one wife, ruling their children and their own houses well.

Mark 10:4-9 They said, “Moses permitted a man to write a certificate of divorce, and to dismiss her.”

5 And Jesus answered and said to them, “Because of the hardness of your heart he wrote you this precept. 6 But from the beginning of the creation, God ‘made them male and female.’ 7 ‘For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, 8 and the two shall become one flesh’; so then they are no longer two, but one flesh. 9 Therefore what God has joined together, let not man separate.”

Just like the issue of divorce, Jesus said it was not that way from the beginning and quotes from Genesis, and notice the be joined to his wife, not his wives. And the other two references mention the office of the bishop and the deacons and they were to be blameless and the husband of one wife. No church that I know of would consider a preacher or any lay person to be faithful who came in with two wives, one on each arm and allow either to be even members of their church much less leaders. Just like all doctrine, his servant you are to whom you obey. And just like Abraham who was righteous by faith, not by his actions, he obeyed the flesh and Ishmael was of the flesh, but Abraham was thankful that his righteousness was by grace in Christ. We are to do as Paul said, the things you see me do in Christ, these you are to do. Follow the good, reject the deeds of the flesh.

Edited by allofgrace

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  40,780
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

This will seem romanticized but try not that direction rather spiritual intent!

We were born in a world and body of wrong... it is all we have ever known till the asking of Jesus to save us. We are now instructed

to renew our minds and so doing through Spirit and Word ever waring against the body and world influence that we stemmed from!

In the beginning in the innocence we cannot know by obvious realities... however God The Holy Spirit can rebuild that heart and we

can be reformed to proper thought but not without the letting go of the present wrong. It is in this way I am now speaking of Holiness

in marriage:

The beautiful intimacy we share with God by His Grace and Mercy teaches us a lot

for what marriage is all about... The uniqueness of the individual and limitlessness of the

qualities that they can become is truly a worthy of one's self invested into another and

surprise of surprises this enrichment returns as (true value) which is greatened by your self

which was poured into (mate)... a building of riches that cannot receive rust, moth or end but

is living and eternal... so that when you look deeply into her eyes you will see how the Lord

has designed the selfless to be the self improving and how the bond of love can actually have

newness everyday of increase without effect of this present place of sin and bodies influence

toward such... It will be the greatest and most difficult work a man can do but with wisdom and

total investment of self (so Christ and His Church) so man and his wife...

Eph 5:25-33

25 Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself for her, 26 that He might sanctify and

cleanse her with the washing of water by the word, 27 that He might present her to Himself a glorious church, not having

spot or wrinkle or any such thing, but that she should be holy and without blemish. 28 So husbands ought to love their own

wives as their own bodies; he who loves his wife loves himself. 29 For no one ever hated his own flesh, but nourishes and

cherishes it, just as the Lord does the church. 30 For we are members of His body, of His flesh and of His bones. 31 "For

this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh." 32 This

is a great mystery, but I speak concerning Christ and the church.

NKJV

Because of lust and stupidity- I destroyed this experience from my life here and because of God's great mercy

He has shown me the great cost of sin by allowing me to see this... mercy you say~To see and not have? yes

for in my healing He has placed my heart to be of woman to my Lord and the excellencies of this engagement

with Him in work here..., in this place, my all that I am growing into in understanding of His endless love for us

all! Love, Steven

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  123
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  9

I think we should differentiate between wive and concubine, not the same.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

Polygamous marriage is not part of that pattern.

So which one of us will end up being Jesus' one wife then, since he will only have one? Of a truth the word 'bride' is used in a singular sense when used to apply to the church but that does not negate the very fact that we are many who are all espoused to Christ. That said, it would not be a righteous thing for me personally to have more than one wife. I don't have what it takes. Most times I doubt seriously that I have what it takes to righteously keep one. God bless.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

You need to define them for us then as there is at least one who is called both a concubine and a wife to the same man. She is in judges and ends up dying a vicious death. David was righteous and had multiple wives. Jacob is stated to be a 'plain' man who lived in tents and the word 'plain' there is the same word God used when saying Job was a 'perfect' man who loved God and hated evil. He had 2 wives as well. Lots of interesting fodder back in the OT to meditate on. Guess that is why the scripture says that the righteous man delights in the law of God and meditates in it day and night! Peace to you Ronnie.

• Topic Count:  123
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  9

You need to define them for us then as there is at least one who is called both a concubine and a wife to the same man. She is in judges and ends up dying a vicious death. David was righteous and had multiple wives. Jacob is stated to be a 'plain' man who lived in tents and the word 'plain' there is the same word God used when saying Job was a 'perfect' man who loved God and hated evil. He had 2 wives as well. Lots of interesting fodder back in the OT to meditate on. Guess that is why the scripture says that the righteous man delights in the law of God and meditates in it day and night! Peace to you Ronnie.

Peace? Peace? How can I have peace when you rag me out like this. Just kidding. :rofl: Just making fun! I was expecting a reaction to my statement. It's cool.

• Topic Count:  115
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

In Scripture only Christian Bishops are forbidden to have more than one wife. HOWEVER: In every polygamous household in the Bible, we see a lot of dysfunction. I have heard that the Chinese symbol for 'trouble' is a house with two women in it; THAT'S A BIT OF WISDOM SOME FOLKS NEED TO LEARN!!!

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,784
  • Content Per Day:  6.23
  • Days Won:  58

Who was the first godly and righteous man in the O.T. to have more than one wife?

Abraham

Did anything good come from abraham taking a second woman while married to sarah? No.

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  40,780
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Who was the first godly and righteous man in the O.T. to have more than one wife?

Abraham

Did anything good come from abraham taking a second woman while married to sarah? No.

I've been wronged....

I was just anwering

His question(*)^$^#%@%$#&)(&_ :)

charlieme.jpg

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

Polygamy is far less offensive than homosexual marriage.

To who?