BlessedByTheBest

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

The Bible tells us that when we speak in tongues that someone else there should interpret what we say.

1 Corinthians 14:27

If any man speak in an unknown tongue, let it be by two, or at the most by three, and that by course; and let one interpret.

joi...with all due respect...the Bible says alot more about tongues than what you quote...and there are settings for using the gift

in prayer...consult the tongues thread...lots of info there :)

• Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

we had a Saturday service last night for the youth.

beautiful service, and it was a very powerful sermon by an evangelist from Philadelphia concerning God's will.

anyway, aside from all the other dreams i had last night..

it was so real..i dreamt i was crawling to the altar speaking in tongues!

it was so powerful..i felt the presence of the Spirit of God within me in a mighty might way, and couldn't stop if i wanted to.

when i reached the altar, i was met with a good fellow brother in Christ from church..

he took my hand and lifted me up to my knees, and we both prayed to the Lord in tongues..

very amazing dream..

initially, i interpreted the crawling as a symbol of humbling from God, ensuring that i know without a doubt that that particular gift is Real! :grin:

now, i have been told that sometimes God reveals gifts to us in this manner..and that i now have the gift, so could at any moment begin speaking in tongues.

has anyone known this to be true?

any dream interpreters around these days?

any thoughts?

love to you all, and God bless. :heart:

Really neat! I have woken myself up praying or singing in tongues :)

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  123
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  9

The Bible tells us that when we speak in tongues that someone else there should interpret what we say.

1 Corinthians 14:27

If any man speak in an unknown tongue, let it be by two, or at the most by three, and that by course; and let one interpret.

joi...with all due respect...the Bible says alot more about tongues than what you quote...and there are settings for using the gift

in prayer...consult the tongues thread...lots of info there :)

and besides there is the prayer language too.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.97
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

now, i have been told that sometimes God reveals gifts to us in this manner..and that i now have the gift, so could at any moment begin speaking in tongues.

Speaking is tongues once you have the gift is easy. Just think about wanting to pray in tongues, and start talking - well, start making sounds and let the words flow from your spirit.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  123
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  9

Really neat! I have woken myself up praying or singing in tongues :)

Neat, I have woke myself up laughing.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Content Count:  1,384
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/22/1996

beautiful service, and it was a very powerful sermon by an evangelist from Philadelphia concerning God's will.

it was so powerful..i felt the presence of the Spirit of God within me in a mighty might way, and couldn't stop if i wanted to.

when i reached the altar, i was met with a good fellow brother in Christ from church..

he took my hand and lifted me up to my knees, and we both prayed to the Lord in tongues..

very amazing dream..

initially, i interpreted the crawling as a symbol of humbling from God, ensuring that i know without a doubt that that particular gift is Real! :grin:

any thoughts?

Very Neat Blessed!

I agree with everything you said, I 100% believe that GOD still works in this way, from personal experiences all the way down to scripture. As for the crawling part, I think you hit the nail on the head. It was a humbling thing.

Psalm 114: 7

Tremble, O earth, at the presence of the Lord, at the presence of the God of Jacob.

The word for tremble in this passage has numerous meanings, so I will just make note of a few. . . .

Tremble: Fear, wait, grieve, dance, sorrow, shake

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,102
  • Content Per Day:  0.49
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  11/07/1984

very amazing dream..

any thoughts?

Awesome dream! Praise the Lord. I love when the Lord gives us dreams like this. I've had a few dreams simular about praying for the sick and casting out demons. I believe God gives us these dreams to stir up our hunger for more of Him.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  631
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  2

thanks for sharing folks.

i shared this with the brother from my dream, and he was blessed by it. he told me that we are to support each other in prayer, and to never hesitate to call on him for anything.

Praise JESUS!

Edited by BlessedByTheBest

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  358
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0

well first note. speaking in tongues and praying in tongues is two different things, there is one thing both have in common though, there are both of God and From God. seeing That God allows or empowers us to do both. we can't do them anytime we want to. it has to be the Holy Spirit moving in us not us moving ourselves. Love is of God and we love Him because He first loved us. Both our love has to be within the Spiritual love that God has given us. you can't love the things of the world and be lined up with scriptures. there is love as we love God, a love as we love our spouses, a love as we love our children, a love as we love one another. But there are guild lines in scriptures for us to keep these loves seperate and guild lines in scriptures for us to know how to apply/use these loves. Same with tongues there are chapter after chapter where the church was misusing tongues and chapter after chapter, to show us how these gifts are to be applied/used. time after time I see churches misusing,or using Tongues contrary to scriptures, I will address the Pastor and say, that something happened in their service that was contrary to scrpiture, their response is that the Holy Spirit was directing the service and that He is God and He can do as He wants. Let me strongly warn you my friends if your church goes by this policy, then get out of there asap! It is true that the Holy Spirit is God, but there are three things that I know God can't do from scriptures: He can't lie, He can't be a respect of persons, and He can't go against scriptures. if the spirit that is directing your services go against scriptures, then It is not God the Holy Spirit. Jesus was the Truth, scriptures are of God and from God, if we do things that go against scriptures then we are not following the true Holy Spirit.

as to the opening post. My wife says some nights I pray in tongues all night, usually when i dream of an old friend or someone I know but haven't seen in a while, as soon as I wake up I will pray for the person. the crawling in your dream, I believe could represent humbling, however I believe that it represents a struggle or something you must work through or out before you come to the Altar, it is keeping you down or from being raised up to where you should be. as I write this I am recalling the scriptures where it says if someone has alt against us. That we are to go to them and work it out with them before we come to the Altar with our gift and this should be confirmed by someone else or another dream or vision from God, this may not be easy for you as you crawl though it, but needs to be done, I don't believe that it is the person at the Altar, seeing you see this person after you go through the struggle. I am getting a word that it is a female family member, that some past things needs to be worked out with. but as I say God works in two or more witnesses, so I may be confirming or someone else may confirm, if so please deal with this as soon as possible. I am not saying you have done anything wrong, But You may have said something that this person took the wrong way, or it may be completely them, but they have something against you, God has not shown this to you to lower or embarrass you. but so that you can get it out of the way between you and him. I am excited for you, as this thing is removed, there will be nothing between you and God, what a place you will be in then is very exciting,

Edited by His_disciple3

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  631
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  2

praying