arunangelo

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  358
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0

This is a true story, a friend of mine was voted in as Pastor, at a local church, shortly after taking the position, he discovered that the Music director was living with her Boyfriend out of marriage, He explained to her how he saw that as sin, and told her unless she corrected the situation, that he could no longer use her as music director. she took it to the church, the church fired the Pastor.

Now I know there will be split comments on this, I am not trying to change the post, for I feel the opening post is only trying to help us see how sin is viewed in today's church, and this post will help also, But Church listen, the God that sent us His only begotten Son, is a God that is defined in scriptures as a God that can not stand to look on anything unclean and sin is defined from scriptures as unclean. Are we the bride that is loyal and faithful to their soon to be Husband, or we just looking for what we can get away with, until the marriage? think about it

Edited by His_disciple3

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.81
  • Days Won:  44

Thank God for grace then.

And before generalizing I would urge you to study the scriptures on divorce a bit more closely.

I agree Fez! :thumbsup: This comment reminded me...

Ps. 145:8-9

8 The Lord is gracious and merciful,

slow to anger and abounding in steadfast love.

9 The Lord is good to all,

and his mercy is over all that he has made.

Lyrics: Lord you are Gracious - Shane and Shane

Great is the Lord

So worthy of praise

Great is the Lord

One generation will

Commend Your kingdom

To one another

They will speak of You

And I will meditate

On Your wonder

And they, they will speak

Of Your glorious splendor

Of Your majesty

Everyday I'll praise Thee

Forever and ever

Everyday I will praise

Everyday I will praise

For You open Your hand

And satisfy desires of all things

My God, the King

The Lord is gracious

And slow to anger

He is rich in love

He is good to all

The Lord is gracious

And slow to anger

He is rich in love

He is good to all

Who call on Him

In truth He is near to them

He is hears their cry

And saves them, He saves them!

The Lord is gracious

And slow to anger

He is rich in love

He is good to all

The Lord is gracious

And slow to anger

He is rich in love

He is good to all

Every day I will praise

Every day I will praise

For You open Your hand

For You open Your hand

My God, the King

Lord, You are gracious

You are slow to anger

Abounding in love

You are good to us

[x4]

Check it out.

God bless,

GE

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.81
  • Days Won:  44

Also this one:

Ps. 103:6-14

6 The Lord works righteousness

and justice for all who are oppressed.

7 He made known his ways to Moses,

his acts to the people of Israel.

8 The Lord is merciful and gracious,

slow to anger and abounding in steadfast love.

9 He will not always chide,

nor will he keep his anger forever.

10 He does not deal with us according to our sins,

nor repay us according to our iniquities.

11 For as high as the heavens are above the earth,

so great is his steadfast love toward those who fear him;

12 as far as the east is from the west,

so far does he remove our transgressions from us.

13 As a father shows compassion to his children,

so the Lord shows compassion to those who fear him.

14 For he knows our frame;

he remembers that we are dust.

Now I know there will be split comments on this, I am not trying to change the post, for I feel the opening post is only trying to help us see how sin is viewed in today's church, and this post will help also, But Church listen, the God that sent us His only begotten Son, is a God that is defined in scriptures as a God that can not stand to look on anything unclean and sin is defined from scriptures as unclean. Are we the bride that is loyal and faithful to their soon to be Husband, or we just looking for what we can get away with, until the marriage? think about it

Nope. This thread is intended for one purpose, the same as every other "thread" that is started by this person. They are almost always "threads" bashing on divorce, and this poster never returns to the thread to discuss what he wrote or elaborate on anything. He engages in condemning drive-bys, and you won't see him in this "thread" he started again.;

Exactly. :thumbsup: In other words: don't waste your time responding. :)

Nope. This thread is intended for one purpose, the same as every other "thread" that is started by this person. They are almost always "threads" bashing on divorce, and this poster never returns to the thread to discuss what he wrote or elaborate on anything. He engages in condemning drive-bys, and you won't see him in this "thread" he started again.;

Exactly. :thumbsup: In other words: don't waste your time responding. :)

:thumbsup:

Husbands, love your wives, and be not bitter against them. Colossians 3:19

~

Oh, be careful little mind what you think Oh, be careful little mind what you think

For the Father up above, Is looking down in love, So be careful little mind, What you think.

http://www.turnbackt...ttle-eyes-song/

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast. Ephesians 2:8-9

And Works Of Self-Righteousness

And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood, Revelation 1:5

Can Become A Decree

For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost, And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come, If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame. Hebrews 6:4-6

Of Divorce

Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God. Hebrew 3:12

You See

But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him. Hebrews 11:6

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  123
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  9

You misunderstand the nature of your God dear friend and therefore you bind a yolk on people who may be completely incapable of Gods best, which is in fact Covenenant Marriage. I pray that since you want to live by the Law that you are not failing in any respect of it.

Ro 5:20

Moreover the law entered, that the offence might abound. But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound:

Very good, my friend, I took note of your username.

God forgives divorce, like any other sin and as I see it doesn't have to mean personal ruin nor ministerial ruin.

Keep learning, keep seeking, arunangelo. Welcome to the board.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

I grew up in a time when divorce was quite uncommon. Out of all my uncles and aunts, only 1 uncle divorced his wife, and he all but ruined the lives of his ex wife, who was my Mother's sister, and the 3 kids they had. Back then divorce was so uncommon that my 3 cousins grew up believing there was something intrinsically wrong with them, because their father left them. What's more, all 3 of them also broke up their first marriage. (sin begets sin) My parents stayed together, but I watched how many of my cousins and friends, all got divorced. And at the same time, America kept pushing God further and further away.

So I have to agree, when you divorce, unless it's because your mate cheats on you, or if he's beating on you, then you are rejecting God. Which doesn't mean you can't repent of it and live unmarried the rest of your life, because you can. But this isn't what people do. I've met women on the Internet with 3 and 4 divorces. When I ask why they often say because he was a drunk. But didn't they know that when they married him? Of course they did. They thought they could fix him. No one can fix him but himself and God.

People need to be much slower in getting married, and maybe then they will be less divorces. And less divorces will mean less falling away from God. Because even though God permitted divorce because people had hard hearts, it was never something God wanted for mankind. And since I'm old enough to remember the days when most marriages stayed together, I can tell you those were better days.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  195
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  03/25/1993

In marriage; a man and woman unite their lives in love. This love that unites them is God. God therefore becomes the binding force in their marriage; and through Him, with Him and in Him they can express His love to one another. God stayed faithful to His covenant with his people (his spouse) although they were unfaithful to Him, rejected Him and betrayed Him. Furthermore, in His faithfulness to the covenant with his people, he saved us from eternal damnation by accepting the most painful death. We too are called to love our spouse as God loved us (Ephesians 5:25). We must therefore deny ourselves and take up our cross daily and follow what Jesus did (Luke 9:23) by accepting pain and suffering in order to bring healing to our spouse; especially when there is hurt, unfaithfulness and betrayal. Those who are obedient to the word of God are able to do this; because faithfulness to His words enables us to live by his spirit.

Since God is the binding force in a marriage it is permanent and no human organization can dissolve it (Matthew 19:4-6). Divorce therefore is rejection of the covenant (binding force), rather than its dissolution. Remarriage after divorce therefore is adultery (Luke 16:18). Furthermore, since God is the binding force in marriage rejection of it through divorce is rejection of God.

This concept is called "Perpetual Adultery". It maintains that the first marriage contract is indisoluble, and as a result, any consequent marriage or divorce is invalid. Therefore, a person who is divorced and remarried is beyond the reach of God's grace because they are living in a constant state of adultery I.E. (Be not deceived...adulterers...shall not inherit the kingdom of God 1 Corinthians 6:9).

I am quite certain that the proponents of this concept have never themselves been in an abusive relationship, when a spouse is physically abusive to the other spouse and/or their children. The Law of Love trandscends all other laws, and I don't see how Love could possibly dictate that a woman and her children remain under the control of an abusive spouse.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  195
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  03/25/1993

Also, I think that the proponents of Perpetual Adultery make a mistake in concluding that legal marriage before God is what makes a couple "one flesh". Mere copulation, Paul says, makes a man and a woman "one flesh" (1 Corinthians 6:16). This further complicates the matter. If copulation is what makes a man and woman "one flesh", and the proponents of PA are correct, then a man who has had sexual relations with more than one woman is forever in a state of adultery. This would imply that many of the characters (David, Judah, Jacob, Samson, ect...) of the Bible were and could never have been saved, because they had sexual relations with more than one woman, and therefore, were in perpetual adultery.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

AlexanderJ

This concept is called "Perpetual Adultery". It maintains that the first marriage contract is indisoluble, and as a result, any consequent marriage or divorce is invalid. Therefore, a person who is divorced and remarried is beyond the reach of God's grace because they are living in a constant state of adultery I.E. (Be not deceived...adulterers...shall not inherit the kingdom of God 1 Corinthians 6:9).

I am quite certain that the proponents of this concept have never themselves been in an abusive relationship, when a spouse is physically abusive to the other spouse and/or their children. The Law of Love trandscends all other laws, and I don't see how Love could possibly dictate that a woman and her children remain under the control of an abusive spouse.

This is how Catholics view divorce. In another forum I belonged to, they had what was called a one stop forum for all things pertaining to a given

subject......such as marriage and divorce and remarriage

There were a couple of Catholic fellows there who were insatiable in there responses with regards to telling anyone that has divorced and remarried

that they need to divorce their current spouse in order to have forgiveness but were not allowed to remarry the first spouse.

It did not matter which scriptures were presented, the only thing that mattered to them was what the Pope degreed and what the church forefathers

ordained and tradition. Period.

One of these guys was always very polite and the other was as rude as one could be without getting banned. It was like good cop/bad cop between

the two of them. LOL!