arunangelo

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  149
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  166
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  2

In marriage; a man and woman unite their lives in love. This love that unites them is God. God therefore becomes the binding force in their marriage; and through Him, with Him and in Him they can express His love to one another. God stayed faithful to His covenant with his people (his spouse) although they were unfaithful to Him, rejected Him and betrayed Him. Furthermore, in His faithfulness to the covenant with his people, he saved us from eternal damnation by accepting the most painful death. We too are called to love our spouse as God loved us (Ephesians 5:25). We must therefore deny ourselves and take up our cross daily and follow what Jesus did (Luke 9:23) by accepting pain and suffering in order to bring healing to our spouse; especially when there is hurt, unfaithfulness and betrayal. Those who are obedient to the word of God are able to do this; because faithfulness to His words enables us to live by his spirit.

Since God is the binding force in a marriage it is permanent and no human organization can dissolve it (Matthew 19:4-6). Divorce therefore is rejection of the covenant (binding force), rather than its dissolution. Remarriage after divorce therefore is adultery (Luke 16:18). Furthermore, since God is the binding force in marriage rejection of it through divorce is rejection of God.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Thank God for grace then.

And before generalizing I would urge you to study the scriptures on divorce a bit more closely.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

I think you might want to read what the Bible has to say about divorce.

http://www.gotquesti...or-divorce.html

You might also want to review what the Bible says about divorce and remarriage.

http://www.gotquestions.org/divorce-remarriage.html

Edited by bopeep1909

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Content Count:  1,384
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/22/1996

I think you did a really good job.

But in some incidences divorce is permitted.

One Example from Jesus is:

Matthew 19:9

I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for marital unfaithfulness, and marries another woman commits adultery."

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,707
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

very good jacob, the keyword in that verse, is divorce. I would also say, if say a man divorces his wife, but his wife trys to keep the marriage strong and doesnt leave, but the husband divorces her anyway, I would say that it wouldnt be a sin if the women remarries later on, since she tried everything to keep the relationship strong.

very good jacob, the keyword in that verse, is divorce. I would also say, if say a man divorces his wife, but his wife trys to keep the marriage strong and doesnt leave, but the husband divorces her anyway, I would say that it wouldnt be a sin if the women remarries later on, since she tried everything to keep the relationship strong.

I agree Pat,

Deuteronomy 24:1-2

1When a man hath taken a wife, and married her, and it come to pass that she find no favour in his eyes, because he hath found some uncleanness in her: then let him write her a bill of divorcement, and give it in her hand, and send her out of his house. 2And when she is departed out of his house, she may go and be another man’s wife.

But there should be great caution when keeping this in mind since Malachi cautioned the people not to use the law of divorce that Moses had given without proper cause. Now, I don't wish to debate this but should make it clear before someone hounds me for Mathew 19:3-9. I believe this scripture to pertain to what is first seen in Mathew 19:3, The Pharisees went about trying to use God's own word against Jesus "tempting" Him. Jesus rebuked them after hearing of this, for in this case I believe it to be without cause. Malachi cautioned people about the Law spoken of by Moses, and I believe it to be this very reason.

Matthew 19:3-9

3The Pharisees also came unto him, tempting him, and saying unto him, Is it lawful for a man to put away his wife for every cause? 4And he answered and said unto them, Have ye not read, that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female, 5And said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh? 6Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder. 7They say unto him, Why did Moses then command to give a writing of divorcement, and to put her away? 8He saith unto them, Moses because of the hardness of your hearts suffered you to put away your wives: but from the beginning it was not so. 9And I say unto you, Whosoever shall put away his wife, except it be for fornication, and shall marry another, committeth adultery: and whoso marrieth her which is put away doth commit adultery.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

jer 3:8

jer 3:8

Jeremiah 3:8

"Then I saw that for all the causes for which backsliding Israel had committed adultery, I had put her away and given her a certificate of divorce: yet her treacherous sister Judah had not fear, but went and played the harlot also, "

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

In marriage; a man and woman unite their lives in love. This love that unites them is God. God therefore becomes the binding force in their marriage; and through Him, with Him and in Him they can express His love to one another. God stayed faithful to His covenant with his people (his spouse) although they were unfaithful to Him, rejected Him and betrayed Him. Furthermore, in His faithfulness to the covenant with his people, he saved us from eternal damnation by accepting the most painful death. We too are called to love our spouse as God loved us (Ephesians 5:25). We must therefore deny ourselves and take up our cross daily and follow what Jesus did (Luke 9:23) by accepting pain and suffering in order to bring healing to our spouse; especially when there is hurt, unfaithfulness and betrayal. Those who are obedient to the word of God are able to do this; because faithfulness to His words enables us to live by his spirit.

Since God is the binding force in a marriage it is permanent and no human organization can dissolve it (Matthew 19:4-6). Divorce therefore is rejection of the covenant (binding force), rather than its dissolution. Remarriage after divorce therefore is adultery (Luke 16:18). Furthermore, since God is the binding force in marriage rejection of it through divorce is rejection of God.

You misunderstand the nature of your God dear friend and therefore you bind a yoke on people who may be completely incapable of Gods best, which is in fact Covenenant Marriage. I pray that since you want to live by the Law that you are not failing in any respect of it.

Ro 5:20

Moreover the law entered, that the offence might abound. But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  358
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0

Mat 19:7

They say unto him, Why did Moses then command to give a writing of divorcement, and to put her away?

Mat 19:8

He saith unto them, Moses because of the hardness of your hearts suffered you to put away your wives: but from the beginning it was not so.

And I say unto you, Whosoever shall put away his wife, except it be for fornication, and shall marry another, committeth adultery: and whoso marrieth her which is put away doth commit adultery.

Jesus was referring or quoting what was already law, He came not to destroy the law but to fulfill the law. Jesus said "execpt it be for fornication,"(not adultery as most modern day translations states. although adultery could be fornication also) But He was referring to the scriptural text showing the test of the lady's virginity. if there was blood on the bed sheets, then the man could not divorce her. if there was no blood on the bed sheets, there was no divorce given, the lady was stoned to death. it is popular teaching that Jesus relaxed the law, But It is written that if a man lie with another woman he has commited adultery , But Jesus Said if he even looks with lust at another woman he has already committed adultery, this doesn't sound like He relaxed the law, to me. to many Christians living with sexual partners outside of marriage today, and trying to serve God as music directors and other offices of the Church. the Law says even If a woman was taken by force and she didn't scream out she was stoned as well as the one that forced her. if two were found having sex and weren't married both were stoned. Now I know that Jesus said to the woman that was caught in adultery, that He didn't condemn her, But he also told her to go and sin "NO MORE". mercy and Grace is not Burger King, we can't have it our way. mercy and grace is not a license to sin, but a covering if we do sin. but to use the covering sparingly any time we want, simply because it is there is misusing Mercy and grace.

this is the law/fornication that Jesus was speaking of fornication before marriage not the adultery/fornication after marriage.

Deu 22:13

If any man take a wife, and go in unto her, and hate her,

And give occasions of speech against her, and bring up an evil name upon her, and say, I took this woman, and when I came to her, I found her not a maid:

Then shall the father of the damsel, and her mother, take and bring forth the tokens of the damsel's virginity unto the elders of the city in the gate:

And the damsel's father shall say unto the elders, I gave my daughter unto this man to wife, and he hateth her;

And, lo, he hath given occasions of speech against her, saying, I found not thy daughter a maid; and yet these are the tokens of my daughter's virginity. And they shall spread the cloth before the elders of the city.

And the elders of that city shall take that man and chastise him;

And they shall amerce him in an hundred shekels of silver, and give them unto the father of the damsel, because he hath brought up an evil name upon a virgin of Israel: and she shall be his wife; he may not put her away all his days.

But if this thing be true, and the tokens of virginity be not found for the damsel:

Then they shall bring out the damsel to the door of her father's house, and the men of her city shall stone her with stones that she die: because she hath wrought folly in Israel, to play the whore in her father's house: so shalt thou put evil away from among you.

hope this has been a help to this post, man has relaxed the law/commandments of Jesus not scriptures! for Jesus has said "if you love me keep my commandments, and also why call me Lord Lord and do not the things I say!"