• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,185
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  02/19/1971

I don't see any way to get an understanding about all this until someone gets a definition of the word GOD that everyone can agree to. We should also remember that the difference in "God", and "god" is in the mind of the translator when just speaking of the word itself. What makes things confusing and difficult is where we make a difference.

Remember that the Bible says that there are many "gods" and many "lords" but for us......... and it's that "but for us" that makes that "g" go capitol, but it does not change the meaning of the word itself, just the entity it refers to.

So, when we ask everyone if Jesus was God........ do we all really mean the same thing..... From reading this and many many other threads here on Worthy, I personally don't think so.

There is no little "g", or confusion when it comes to Christ and him being Almighty God.Though he stepped down from his original place as creator of all and took his place with us(mankind), scripture is clear that he is full Deity in Bodily form. Not another type of god, but very God who loved us enough to become one of us.

Col 2:9 For in Him all the fullness of Deity dwells in bodily form,

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  1,185
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  02/19/1971

Here is a brain teaser.

The bible says the all of God dwelled in Christ.

Col 2:9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

Meaning the Father, Word and Spirit dwelled in him fully. He was not just a part of the trinity he was the trinity. Christ is the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit all together.

Scripture is very clear that Christ is not the Father. Jesus Christ is the Son of God, the anointed of God, the servant of God. Christ also spoke of the Holy Spirit as "Another comforter". He said "when I go away the Comforter (Holy Spirit) will come to abide with believers. They are clearly all three distinguishable with the Father clearly having the preeminence, yet he places all the Glory on the Son, who gives all Glory and Honor to the Father, and the Holy Spirit Glorifies Christ. All three having a place and work in the salvation of mankind.

2Co 13:14 The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit, be with you all.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  450
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  1

31 Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men:

but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.

32 And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him:

but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him,

neither in this world, neither in the world to come

Matt 12:31-32 (KJV)

Now if they are the same.

Seem there is a different between them in forgiveness.

How come the Holy Ghost will not forgive ?

God forgives and Jesus forgives.

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  321
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/03/1957

31 Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men:

32 And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him:

Where does it say that the Holy Ghost will not forgive?

All the passage says is that one who blasphemes the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven....

All the passage says is that one who blasphemes the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven....

Then who is not going to forgive them ? if they ask

God or Jesus or Holy Ghost

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  195
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/25/1993

God is one being with three "persons" or "personalities". God (the being with three personalities) forgives sins. When one member of the Godhead forgives a sin, the other members forgive it also. The Godhead is one; there is unity of purpose and decision between them. If this were not the case, there would be a contradiction (or division) between God's intentions, which cannot be, because that which is divided cannot stand eternally. God and his kingdom are indivisible and eternal.

...Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.

Hebrews 1:8

...Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation; and a house divided against a house falleth.

Luke 11:17

For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

1 John 5:7

God is one being with three "persons" or "personalities". God (the being with three personalities) forgives sins. When one member of the Godhead forgives a sin, the other members forgive it also. The Godhead is one; there is unity of purpose and decision between them. If this were not the case, there would be a contradiction (or division) between God's intentions, which cannot be, because what is divided cannot stand eternally. God and his kingdom are indivisible and eternal.

...Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.

Hebrews 1:8

...Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation; and a house divided against a house falleth.

Luke 11:17

For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

1 John 5:7

You didn't answer the question

You can sin against God and get forgiveness

You can sin against Jesus and get forgiveness

You sin(blasphemy) against Holy Ghost there is no forgiveness.

Who is not forgiving ?

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  195
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  03/25/1993

You didn't answer the question

You can sin against God and get forgiveness

You can sin against Jesus and get forgiveness

You sin(blasphemy) against Holy Ghost there is no forgiveness.

Who is not forgiving ?

You're not reading what I have written carefully. I did indeed answer the question:

God is one being with three "persons" or "personalities". God (the being with three personalities) forgives sins. When one member of the Godhead forgives a sin, the other members forgive it also. The Godhead is one; there is unity of purpose and decision between them. If this were not the case, there would be a contradiction (or division) between God's intentions, which cannot be, because what is divided cannot stand eternally. God and his kingdom are indivisible and eternal.

There is no forgiveness for blasphemy against the Holy Ghost. God (the being with three personalities, united in purpose and decision) does not forgive such a sin. In other words, if I commit such blasphemy:

1. The Father offers no forgiveness,

2.The Son offers no forgiveness,

3. The Holy Spirit offers no forgiveness.

Or, simply:

1. God offers no forgiveness for blasphemy against the part of himself which is called the Holy Spirit.

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  7
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Wow, 100% agreement. How could anyone agrue with statistics like that. Must be true huh. All those people couldn't possibly be wrong. I didn't see anyone who asked for the criteria. If someone did and I missed it, I apologize. Was Jesus all powerful when on Earth and is that a critera for Godhood? Was he completely omniscient? I'm not argueing. I really don't know. I have heard some say that if Jesus were Omniscient he could not have been tempted, but of course that's silly, because we know he was tempted. If Omnipotent, he could not have suffered. And if he were not able to experience what it was to be human, he could not be the judge at the end of days. I don't know, probably just dogma. I think some believe that because he was born of a human mother, and a divine Father he was enough God to live a perfect life, and enough human to redeem mankind from the fall.

Well, I'm not smart enough to vote on such a question, but I do have to ask, is it possible that it might just be more complicated than our very finite minds can understand, and God has had to simplify it beyond recognition so that we can try to get through life.

Kadin

Wow, 100% agreement. How could anyone agrue with statistics like that. Must be true huh. All those people couldn't possibly be wrong. I didn't see anyone who asked for the criteria. If someone did and I missed it, I apologize. Was Jesus all powerful when on Earth and is that a critera for Godhood? Was he completely omniscient? I'm not arguing. I really don't know. I have heard some say that if Jesus were Omniscient he could not have been tempted, but of course that's silly, because we know he was tempted. If Omnipotent, he could not have suffered. And if he were not able to experience what it was to be human, he could not be the judge at the end of days. I don't know, probably just dogma. I think some believe that because he was born of a human mother, and a divine Father he was enough God to live a perfect life, and enough human to redeem mankind from the fall.

Well, I'm not smart enough to vote on such a question, but I do have to ask, is it possible that it might just be more complicated than our very finite minds can understand, and God has had to simplify it beyond recognition so that we can try to get through life.

Kadin

Jesus Yesterday

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God.

All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. John 1:1-3

Jesus Savior

But I am a worm, and no man; a reproach of men, and despised of the people. All they that see me laugh me to scorn: they shoot out the lip, they shake the head saying, He trusted on the LORD that he would deliver him: let him deliver him, seeing he delighted in him.

But thou art he that took me out of the womb: thou didst make me hope when I was upon my mother's breasts. I was cast upon thee from the womb: thou art my God from my mother's belly. Be not far from me; for trouble is near; for there is none to help.

Many bulls have compassed me: strong bulls of Bashan have beset me round. They gaped upon me with their mouths, as a ravening and a roaring lion. I am poured out like water, and all my bones are out of joint: my heart is like wax; it is melted in the midst of my bowels.

My strength is dried up like a potsherd; and my tongue cleaveth to my jaws; and thou hast brought me into the dust of death. For dogs have compassed me: the assembly of the wicked have inclosed me: they pierced my hands and my feet. I may tell all my bones: they look and stare upon me. They part my garments among them, and cast lots upon my vesture.

But be not thou far from me, O LORD: O my strength, haste thee to help me. Psalms 22:6-19

Jesus Today

Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them. Hebrews 7:25

And Jesus Tomorrow

See now that I, even I, am he, and there is no god with me: I kill, and I make alive; I wound, and I heal: neither is there any that can deliver out of my hand. For I lift up my hand to heaven, and say, I live for ever.

If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me. I will make mine arrows drunk with blood, and my sword shall devour flesh; and that with the blood of the slain and of the captives, from the beginning of revenges upon the enemy.

Rejoice, O ye nations, with his people: for he will avenge the blood of his servants, and will render vengeance to his adversaries, and will be merciful unto his land, and to his people. Deuteronomy 32:39-43

And Down Through The Ages

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. John 3:16-18

Jesus

Thy words were found, and I did eat them; and thy word was unto me the joy and rejoicing of mine heart: for I am called by thy name, O LORD God of hosts. Jeremiah 15:16

Saves

Behold, his soul which is lifted up is not upright in him: but the just shall live by his faith. Habakkuk 2:4