IGNORED

Was Jesus God?

GoldenEagle

Jesus is/was God?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Was Jesus God?

• Yes, Jesus was and is God.
    • No, Jesus was a man.

Exodus 3 v 14:God said to Moses, “I am who I am.[a] This is what you are to say to the Israelites: ‘I am has sent me to you.’”

Jesus used the personal name of Israel’s God–the name revealed to Moses (Exodus 3:14)–to refer to Himself.

John 8:58 Jesus said to them, "Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM.".....(not "I Was" but "I AM"...a state of continuing.....who is continuing in being? God..thus...Jesus)

Is Jesus being clear or misleading?

It's crystal clear by what Jesus states in these verses. There is no room for error.

What more evidence do you need?

Jesus said........, “I and the Father are one.” The Jews were ready to do away with Him. To kill Him.

Why?

“Because you,” they said, “a mere man, claim to be God” (John 10:33).

The original audience took Jesus's very words to be as Jesus intended as we see by this verse.....why has His (Jesus) authority and truth of His words diminished to today where Christians are asking whether Jesus was God in flesh?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

Adam and Eve ( mankind) did die physically from the day they sinned it simply took Adam until 930.

Although I understand the logic used when decreeing that the death was physical, the evidence suggest that both were the eventual outcome. One being immediate.

Did Eve also have a perfect mind of Christ when created ?

Gen 1:27 KJV So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

1Cr 11:7 For a man indeed ought not to cover [his] head, forasmuch as he is the image and glory of God: but the woman is the glory of the man.

She was not created in the image of God but was the glory of the man. For this cause she was the natural target for deception. But what you provided in question does cause me reason to reconsider more deeply what I have thought to be the case.

Adam would also have known God could raise Eve from the dead, so this point seems illogical unless you are suggesting Adam was more important to God than Eve and only Adam's death would provoke God to save mankind.

Good point. I was working more from the angle of if Adam died then God would have to raise them both or lose his creation but your question causes me to see clearer that there are more possibilities that previously considered. Thanks for that. It changes some of my overall perception.

there is no evidence that Adam was sacrificial.

I submit that I am using simple human reasoning to conclude this. The evidence I see to support the assertion is that God told Adam if he ate he would die and there has to be a reason Adam chose to eat that was worthy of dying for.

As is always, all biblical understanding begins with a single foundational truth and builds upwards. If the foundation isn't true, then the whole understanding collapses under the weight of if.

I have more that I need to research on the matter.

Although I understand the logic used when decreeing that the death was physical, the evidence suggest that both were the eventual outcome. One being immediate.

Yes

1Cr 11:7 For a man indeed ought not to cover [his] head, forasmuch as he is the image and glory of God: but the woman is the glory of the man.

She was not created in the image of God but was the glory of the man. For this cause she was the natural target for deception. But what you provided in question does cause me reason to reconsider more deeply what I have thought to be the case.

The creation message in Genesis indicates when God created "man" He is implying "mankind". I'm not sure the woman being the glory of man negates this, but is interesting.

I submit that I am using simple human reasoning to conclude this. The evidence I see to support the assertion is that God told Adam if he ate he would die and there has to be a reason Adam chose to eat that was worthy of dying for.

As is always, all biblical understanding begins with a single foundational truth and builds upwards. If the foundation isn't true, then the whole understanding collapses under the weight of if.

I have more that I need to research on the matter.

The bible depicts Adam eating the fruit as failure and I have not seen anywhere it can be seen positively. Also please recall the command Jesus spoke to satan. " Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God" . I suggest your reasoning indicates Adam was testing God.

Thank you and good luck in your studies.

Be careful.

Gen 1:27 KJV So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

Yes woman along with man WAS created in God's image. Genesis tells us that plainly gdemoss.

gdemoss says: She was not created in the image of God.

HisG: False. You are opposing outright what the Bible says. Where does it say woman was not created in the image of God?

Genesis begs to differ.

1 Corinthians does not mention anywhere that woman is not made in the image of God.

Be careful in how you are interpreting the Bible.

• Hurley points out that man in 1:26 and 27 is a collective noun (adam =“mankind”). The plural membership of that collectivity is indicated by the phrase “male and female” in verse 27, and then to both male and female is given the task appropriate to those created in the image of God (verse 28).1

• 1. The first thing that must be said is that both men and women are made in God’s image (see especially 17 Any limitation of the image of God based on sexuality would also contradict the thrust of James 3:9: such limitation would imply that only males are protected against murder and slander because only they are in God’s image. Re-creation in God’s image also applies without sexual distinction (Galatians 3:26 with verse 28).

James 3 v 9: With the tongue we praise our Lord and Father, and with it we curse human beings, who have been made in God’s likeness. ......(men only?) No

Galatians 3 v 26/27/28: 26 So in Christ Jesus you are all children of God through faith,27 for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ.28 There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female,for you are all one in Christ Jesus.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  21
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Iesous says, "I am The Lord Almighty. You all are from beneath, I am from above: you all are of this world, I am not of this world: if you all believe not that I AM, you all will die in your sins. Truly, truly, I say to you, Before Abraham came into being, I AM." Revelation 1:8+ John 13:13+ 8:23,24,58.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  106
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/20/1988

Was Jesus God? No, because this can imply He stopped. Is Jesus God? Yes

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  904