• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  38
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

The Trinity

[Philo references - based on the cross references in the Comprehensive New Testament]

APPENDICES A TREATISE CONCERNING THE WORLD—

I. God being one being, has two supreme powers of the greatest importance. By means of these powers the incorporeal world, appreciable only by the intellect, was put together, which is the archetypal model of this world which is visible to us, being formed in such a manner as to be perceptible to our invisible conceptions just as the other is to our eyes.

ON FLIGHT AND FINDING – GE 1:26

(68) On this account, I imagine it is, that when Moses was speaking philosophically of the creation of the world, while he described everything else as having been created by God alone, he mentions man alone as having been made by him in conjunction with other assistants; for, says Moses, "God said, Let us make man in our Image."{19}{#ge 1:26.} The expression, "let us make," indicating a plurality of makers.

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  87
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

This originally was from this discussion: http://www.worthychr.../page__st__20

Do you believe in the Trinity? If so, why? If not, why?

Biblical backing is always appreciated. Looking forward to a good discussion. :thumbsup:

God bless,

GE

You can not pick and choose what and what not your going to believe when reading the Bible. It's all or nothing and it clearly teaches about the Father, Son and Holy Ghost.lol

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  1,393
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  4

Didn't read all the thread so don't know if anyone quoted these verses in the OT, but it sure seems to be speaking of the Godhead/Trinity.

16)  Come ye near unto Me, hear ye this; I have not spoken in secret from the beginning; from the time that it was, there Am I: and now the Lord GOD, and His SpIrit, hath sent Me.

17)  Thus saith the LORD, thy Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel: I am the LORD thy God which teacheth thee to profit, which leadeth thee by the way that thou shouldest go.

Isaiah 48:16-17

Didn't read all the thread so don't know if anyone quoted these verses in the OT, but it sure seems to be speaking of the Godhead/Trinity.

16)  Come ye near unto Me, hear ye this; I have not spoken in secret from the beginning; from the time that it was, there Am I: and now the Lord GOD, and His SpIrit, hath sent Me.

17)  Thus saith the LORD, thy Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel: I am the LORD thy God which teacheth thee to profit, which leadeth thee by the way that thou shouldest go.

Isaiah 48:16-17

Hallelujah~!

trinity2.png

Don't forget the US Federal Government has three branches, each of which is the Government, but at the same time make up one united Government, not three separate Governments, if I understand right, some say our government was fashion after the Godhead, Isaiah 33:22.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

The case for the Trinity has been covered very well.

I can only add Col 1:15-16 NKJV He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. For by Him all things werre created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him.

Jesus is Creator of the universe.

Genesis 1:2 And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters. The Holy Spirit is Creator.

Gen 1:26 Then God said, "Let US make man in OUR image, according to OUR likeness: Thus the Three are mentioned as Creator. Deut. 6:4 Hear O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is One!"

In John 8:58 Most assuredly I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM. By claiming to be the I AM who spoke to Moses from the burning bush, He was claiming to be God. That is why the Jews took up rocks to stone Him to death in the next verse.

Our God is Father, Son and Holy Spirit, one God and One Creator, in 3 persons.

I was raised in a church that denied the trinity and had taken every mention of the word out of the hymnal. It was a very liberal Disciples of Christ (Christian) church. I finally learned the truth in a Lutheran church. The understanding of our Triune God opened up the scriptures to me to much greater understanding. Prior to that I had been convicted of sin, repented and made restitution, read the New Testament entirely, all due to the leading of the Holy Spirit when I didn't even know there was a Holy Spirit. I had publicly confessed Jesus as my Savior and Lord and was baptized.

But I felt so cheated that my home church denied the Trinity and refused to reveal just Who God is. They even made light of the Lord's Supper, not even using scriptures that in any way pertained to it when serving it. We were not admonished to discern the Lord's Body and Blood or to search ourselves and confess our sins before partaking. They just passed out the elements. It all seemed so empty. I never heard the Gospel preached there till a new youth pastor came. That church has died back to a dozen people from 400. It is a dead church. No surprise.

I can only add Col 1:15-16 NKJV He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. For by Him all things werre created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him.

Genesis 1:2 And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters. The Holy Spirit is Creator.

Gen 1:26 Then God said, "Let US make man in OUR image, according to OUR likeness: Thus the Three are mentioned as Creator. Deut. 6:4 Hear O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is One!"

In John 8:58 Most assuredly I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM. By claiming to be the I AM who spoke to Moses from the burning bush, He was claiming to be God. That is why the Jews took up rocks to stone Him to death in the next verse.

I was raised in a church that denied the trinity and had taken every mention of the word out of the hymnal. It was a very liberal Disciples of Christ (Christian) church. I finally learned the truth in a Lutheran church. The understanding of our Triune God opened up the scriptures to me to much greater understanding. Prior to that I had been convicted of sin, repented and made restitution, read the New Testament entirely, all due to the leading of the Holy Spirit when I didn't even know there was a Holy Spirit. I had publicly confessed Jesus as my Savior and Lord and was baptized.

But I felt so cheated that my home church denied the Trinity and refused to reveal just Who God is. They even made light of the Lord's Supper, not even using scriptures that in any way pertained to it when serving it. We were not admonished to discern the Lord's Body and Blood or to search ourselves and confess our sins before partaking. They just passed out the elements. It all seemed so empty. I never heard the Gospel preached there till a new youth pastor came. That church has died back to a dozen people from 400. It is a dead church. No surprise.

Williamina, I had always heard that the Disciples of Christ was neither for or against the Trinity.  That is interesting.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

[size=5

]Williamina, I had always heard that the Disciples of Christ was neither for or against the Trinity. 

That is interesting.

This was in the Pacific Northwest back in the 50s. However the church 50 miles away is very strong in teaching the trinity. It very much depends on the church or the pastor. Ours refused to do it because the word isn't in the Bible.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

I believe in the Trinity because the Bible says their is a Trinity.I believe everything the Bible tells me.