• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

If Jesus was here, and he heard the Scout oath and the Scout law, He would tell that young man that he's not far from Heaven.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  23
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/31/1952

What does the Bible say about men with men or women with women, I seem to remember that it is wrong!!!!!! No ands ifs or buts about it. Black and White NO grey area. Pedophiles are a completely different story they are not sick! They are evil and serving the devil, they made a very bad choice! That is what God has given us Choices and we either follow Gods plan or we follow the devil!!!

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.96
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I just saw an article that the Scouts are being pressured by corporate sponsors.

http://www.christianpost.com/news/boy-scouts-were-pressured-by-corporate-sponsors-to-change-policy-on-gays-89156/

Why do people automatically assume if someone is homosexual they are a pedophile? That concept still blows my mind. Of the homosexual people I know all are looking for an adult of the same sex. Thy have no desire for children because that is something different altogether. There are pedophiles of all sexual orientations. *shakes head trying to understand*

So Should Young Men Take Younger Girls On Scouting Sleepovers?

Flee also youthful lusts: but follow righteousness, faith, charity, peace, with them that call on the Lord out of a pure heart. But foolish and unlearned questions avoid, knowing that they do gender strifes. 2 Timothy 2:22-23

I Think Not

Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body; but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body. 1 Corinthians 6:18

Believe It

Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee. Psalms 119:11

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,696
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

fresno makes a good point. For the same reason, at least when my local troop goes on a campout, if theres any women leaders that come, they are not the only ones, and they are provided completly seperate sleeping arrangements. Its not that gay people are pedofiles, its just called A: remove the temptation and B: even if they would never hurt a child, flee any appearance of evil.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,791
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/13/1977

Why do people automatically assume if someone is homosexual they are a pedophile? That concept still blows my mind. Of the homosexual people I know all are looking for an adult of the same sex. Thy have no desire for children because that is something different altogether. There are pedophiles of all sexual orientations. *shakes head trying to understand*

So Should Young Men Take Younger Girls On Scouting Sleepovers?

Flee also youthful lusts: but follow righteousness, faith, charity, peace, with them that call on the Lord out of a pure heart. But foolish and unlearned questions avoid, knowing that they do gender strifes. 2 Timothy 2:22-23

I Think Not

Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body; but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body. 1 Corinthians 6:18

Believe It

Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee. Psalms 119:11

I don't believe any single adult should take children on sleepovers...there should be 2. As for Den Mothers I have a different opinion than most. I believe boy scouts should be for males only. I also don't agree with unmarried men living with a woman leading scouts...but my opinions normally get me into trouble.

I don't believe any single adult should take children on sleepovers...there should be 2. As for Den Mothers I have a different opinion than most. I believe boy scouts should be for males only. I also don't agree with unmarried men living with a woman leading scouts...but my opinions normally get me into trouble.

I Find Your Opinions Both Interesting And At Times Provocative

Keep On Keeping One

And Post Early, Post Often

Love, Your Brother Joe

• Topic Count:  121
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,931
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  07/13/1955

The worries people express here would be a lot more interesting if they were rooted in empirical facts. Is there any evidence that having homosexuals would actually introduce risk to the boys involved, more than the risk that heterosexuals introduce? It seems like, at the risk of drawing conclusions from anecdotes, that every time I hear about a specific case of child molestation some straight guy is responsible. Last time I heard about someone I knew being this sort of monster he was married with children.

Man...that is an absolute crock of poo. Homosexuals recruit middle teen aged boys into the lifestyle. Even allowing young men to be around known practicing homosexuals is asking for trouble, Just because a known homosexual doesn't prefer young boys, it doesn't mean that they aren't observing them for signs that they might be susceptible to the lifestyle itself. Some kid maybe glances at another boy too long for some reason, or admires another boy's prowess at a sport, and the next thing you know, Mr. Poofter Scoutmaster may pull said boy aside and "counsel" him that his feelings are normal. Young men of Scouting age are just coming into their manhood and wondering about sexuality in general. Exactly what do you think exposing them to a practicing homo will do?

I for one am sick and tired of you defending that lot and their filth. It seems every time the subject comes up, you're right there to defend them. You seriously need to think before you write anything on the subject.

• Topic Count:  121
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,931
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  07/13/1955

What does the Bible say about men with men or women with women, I seem to remember that it is wrong!!!!!! No ands ifs or buts about it. Black and White NO grey area. Pedophiles are a completely different story they are not sick! They are evil and serving the devil, they made a very bad choice! That is what God has given us Choices and we either follow Gods plan or we follow the devil!!!

It's EVIL. Homosexuality and pedophilia are BOTH EVIL.

And I am convinced that we can defend the Gospel using logical thinking.

Jesus never had to. He just used scripture, to believer and unbeliever alike. This is the problem most "scientific","logical thinkers", have, they seem to try and squeeze faith into "logic". It can't be done, and scripture screams at us in the opposite when it comes to faith.

Don't you think that if we are being sincere that we will discover true things either means? This is off Tinky's topic anyway so I'm not sure how much you'd want to pursue this here, but it seems to me like if we think some claim is true then an honest and thorough investigation, using whatever means we know to be reliable should reach the same conclusions, ideally. It doesn't seem to me that it should be 'science VS faith' or 'reason VS faith', but and. Jesus used scripture but He also reasoned with people using observations about the world "consider the lilies of the field". In fact, I think just that consideration, that we can expect to discover true things this way, in itself suggests God's existence and God's guiding hand in nature.

Anyway, if this is derailing I apologize.

The Issue With The Boy Scouts And With Their Mocking Of God's Words

If I have told you earthly things, and ye believe not,

how shall ye believe, if I tell you of heavenly things? John 3:12

Is The Same Issue With Today's "Science' And "Logic"

Surely your turning of things upside down shall be esteemed as the potter's clay:

for shall the work say of him that made it, He made me not?

or shall the thing framed say of him that framed it,

He had no understanding? Isaiah 29:16

For It's Either God's Words Of True

And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good.

And the evening and the morning were the sixth day. Genesis 1:31

Or It's Man's Mocking

And they said, There is no hope:

but we will walk after our own devices, and we will every one do the imagination of his evil heart. Jeremiah 18:12

You See

But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is,

and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him. Hebrews 11:6

Science (Fiction) Verses Faith (In Jesus Christ The Creator)