• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

It's exactly what OneLight said. We are watching prophesy happen. I just wish we weren't.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,602
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  01/01/1986

The worries people express here would be a lot more interesting if they were rooted in empirical facts. Is there any evidence that having homosexuals would actually introduce risk to the boys involved, more than the risk that heterosexuals introduce? It seems like, at the risk of drawing conclusions from anecdotes, that every time I hear about a specific case of child molestation some straight guy is responsible. Last time I heard about someone I knew being this sort of monster he was married with children.

Temptation is a powerful thing. You don't leave an alcoholic to guard a room full of booze. The Bible makes it clear that those who sin in a certain way, take pleasure in those who sin as they do:

"Although they know the ordinance of God, that those who practice such things are worthy of death, they not only do the same, but also give hearty approval to those who practice them." (Romans 1:32)

​They cannot help but try to influence those who are the most vulnerable (children) to emulate their perverse lifestyle.

Homosexuals manage to be school teachers and be in other positions of influence vis a vis children without pushing their 'lifestyle'

Are you kidding me? That's ALL they've been doing the last few decades! So much so, that a child is not even allowed to disagree in the classroom regarding the homosexual agenda, without being labeled a "hater" or a "bigot." It is the heterosexual child that is looked upon as a "freak" if they don't embrace the "beautiful" portrayal of the homosexual lifestyle.

The homosexual activist teachers have made it very clear that they intend to "educate" the nations children "correctly" regarding homosexuality despite any protests from parents.

"Heather has two mommies" and "Daddy's roommate" are in, and the Bible is out.

Waxing poetic about Harvey Milk will get a child praised in America's classrooms, but if you mention Jesus Christ you are severely disciplined.

I also find it bizarre to be so worried about children being exposed to differing viewpoints. Is your position that bad that children will that readily abandon your set of values?

Fine. I would then ask if you would have a problem leaving a child with a known pedophile? Would you be happy to expose the child to a "different viewpoint?"

It is widely known that homosexual pedophiles enter professions (teaching, counseling, youth ministry, day care, scouting, etc.) where they can be near those they are attracted to.

Children are greatly influenced by the actions of those in authority over them. That's why the children of drug addicts or alcoholics tend to become addicts themselves.

Would you leave your child with a Scout master you knew to be an active Mormon?

A Mormon isn't going to physically molest you with his belief.

By the way Tinky, most pedophiles are straight people.

Of course! Just look at the population numbers as it pertains to sexual identity. That doesn't make your case. If the situation were reversed, and there were only between 2% - 5% heterosexuals in America, there would be far more homosexual assaults compared to hetero.

• Followers:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

The issue with allowing homosexuals in the Boy Scouts isn't so much a worry of a gay scout leader sodomizing a straight boy. That will come, but not for awhile. I'd guess that the first 3 to 5 years gay Scout leaders will be watched so closely it won't happen.

To me the real issue is that the Boy Scouts represented straight America. It was one of the last places straight boys could feel confident in being straight.

Let me also tell you all a little story. About 30 years ago I worked in a large dept store who had a man working there who was gay. Everyone knew it. He went on vacation one year and came back with pics of nude boys. I had to talk to this guy everyday to do my job. And based on that he was a good guy. Btw, he was 37. He was such a good guy that he once saw several guys robbing a woman in the subway, and he jumped in and broke it up. But he also got hurt. So what a great guy, he rescued a woman. So me being interested in people, I once asked him about his sexual behavior. He told me what he likes doing best, is finding a boy who never had a homosexual experience, and introducing that boy to the gay life style. That usually meant boys between 12 and 15. And this is why he had to go to other countries to do this. Because in America, a man of 37 can't even legally have sex with a girl of 12 to 15.

All this took place in the early 1980's. But this is the problem with too many gay men, they want boys, not other gay men. This co-worker also admitted to me he was raped the first time he had homosexual sex. It makes me wonder, how many gay men did it voluntarily the first time?

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  3
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Would you leave your child with a Scout master you knew to be an active Mormon?

A Mormon isn't going to physically molest you with his belief.

By the way Tinky, most pedophiles are straight people.

Of course! Just look at the population numbers as it pertains to sexual identity. That doesn't make your case. If the situation were reversed, and there were only between 2% - 5% heterosexuals in America, there would be far more homosexual assaults compared to hetero.

I come from Europe and I live in a country where the vice Kanzler (equivalent to your vice president) is a declared gay. That is, I might perceive the gay problem differently.

I also believe that if we want to make a point against the rampant secularization of our world, we need to use the same weapons of the lost: logic. And I am convinced that we can defend the Gospel using logical thinking.

I don't think that your post goes in that direction, unfortunately. If you think that homosexual men might molest young boys, then we should assume that heterosexual men teachers might molest young girls. The only consequent and safe solution would be to hire asexual teachers, which will be difficult.

Comparing homosexuality with pedophilia is dangerous and will not take us anywhere, in my opinion.

Comparing homosexuality with pedophilia is dangerous and will not take us anywhere, in my opinion.

There are studies that show homosexuals molest boys at a rate between 4 to 5 times that of heterosexual molestation of girls.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.82
  • Days Won:  44

I had already avoided giving any support to the Girl Scouts after they took a liberal stand on homosexuality. If the Boy Scouts decide to allow openly gay scout leaders, I won't support them anymore. I know I wouldn't allow any kids I was a guaradian over to be part of the scouts under those circumstances. Absolutely disgusting, but not surprising.

My family stopped buying Girl Scout cookies a long time ago due to their stance on homosexuality. I guess we're boycotting the Boy Scouts now too. I agree Butero disgusting but no surprising. :(

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,194
  • Days Won:  0

Aren't these the same Leftist's excited about this that are hopping mad over the same abuse in the Catholic Church?

Hardly, the Church of Rome like the scouts bans homosexuals from leadership roles - in their case the Priesthood. The problem with the Catholics is people in to unquestionable positions of power. Prriests got away with abusing children ,both male and female because of the authority invested in their role. Sadly this has happened in plenty of other institutions including the scouts were authority figures are venerated and treated with undue respect.