WorthyNewsBot

• Group:  Bots
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  39,879
  • Topics Per Day:  6.49
  • Content Count:  44,073
  • Content Per Day:  7.18
  • Days Won:  2

Gay-rights groups were elated Monday after the Boy Scouts of America announced that it was considering dropping its long-standing national policy of disallowing open homosexuals from participating in its activities, but traditional-family groups were quick to condemn the shift.

http://www.worthynews.com/top/washingtontimes-com-news-2013-jan-28-boy-scouts-may-allow-local-troops-to-set-policy-on-/

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,673
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

As an eagle scout, I find this news disturbing. I hope our local troops take a stand against it, or my kids will never be a part of it. I may even stop admitting Im an eagle.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

They probably have to.The gay community is probably putting pressure on them. :(

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

Let's see if they continue with the Oath and Law ...

Scout Oath

On my honor I will do my best

To do my duty to God and my country

and to obey the Scout Law;

To help other people at all times;

To keep myself physically strong,

mentally awake, and morally straight.

Scout Law

A Scout is:

Trustworthy, Loyal, Helpful,

Friendly, Courteous, Kind,

Obedient, Cheerful, Thrifty,

Brave, Clean, Reverent

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,673
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

Well, even if they dont, I will.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  0

Spirit of Sodom and Gomorrah pressing in at every side of anything left in the way of morality in this country. (And others)

This story is truly a tragedy.

Quoting from the news article link:

“The pulse of equality is strong in America, and today it beats a bit faster with news that the Boy Scouts may finally put an end to its long history of discrimination,” said Chad Griffin, president of the Human Rights Campaign. “Our nation and its leaders respect lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender citizens, and it’s time the Boy Scouts echo those values.

Zach Wahls, a gay Eagle Scout and founder of Scouts for Equality, said the proposed change “would be an incredible step forward in the right direction.”

My translation of the above:

"The pulse of SIN is strong in America, and today it beats a bit faster with the news that the morality of the Boy Scouts may finally put an end to it's morality that it has held on to for years. Those of us who embrace this LGBT filthy sinful lifestyle are rejoicing as we continue to twist words to fit our sinful meanings.

We are so PROUD that we have been able to change the clear meaning of words to fit our sinful agenda. Words like "gay, rainbow, discrimination, values, respect, tolerance, human rights, diversity" and many more..."

We as sinful people hate God and His morals, and in so doing, we rejoice in the LGBT lifestyle and the fact that we are getting over some of the last hurdles of morality in this nation, so that we can pervert the minds of all youth at every level...

We will uphold our "gay Eagle Scout" poster child up high for all of the younger "intolerant" minds to see. And in so doing, we hope to bring CHANGE...

The "real" agenda of the LGBT, from the article, "bullying" and "moral compromise":

"If the BSA board “capitulates to the bullying of homosexual activists,” added Mr. Perkins, “the Boy Scouts’ legacy of producing great leaders will become yet another casualty of moral compromise."

This really summarizes from the article what the Boy Scouts "should" continue to do:

"The Boy Scouts should stand firm in their timeless values and respect the right of parents to discuss these sexual topics with their children.”

For those who may not know, the Girl Scouts have embraced much of the LGBT lifestyle for years. I have a niece that in part is "homosexual" because of their wicked teachings...

From an older, yet still relevant article:

"When many parents think of Girl Scouts, they imagine young girls in uniform selling Thin Mints and Tagalong cookies – not learning about stone labyrinths, world peace, global warming, yoga, avatars, smudging incense, Zen gardens and feminist, communist and lesbian role models. "

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.97
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Well, looks like there's more to this:

~~~~~

Boy Scouts Were Pressured by Corporate Sponsors to Change Policy on Gays

By Napp Nazworth , Christian Post Reporter

January 30, 2013|4:16 pm

<snip>

When a representative from BSA met with Frank Page, president and CEO of the Southern Baptist Convention Executive Committee, to discuss the proposed change, Page was told that BSA is "wilting under pressure from some of their corporate sponsors ...," Page explained in a statement to The Christian Post.

The Human Rights Campaign, a pro-gay rights advocacy organization, told BSA's corporate sponsors that it would downgrade their "non-discrimination ratings" if they continued to give money to BSA, according to NBC News.

According to a review of corporate giving to BSA in 2010 conducted last September by The American Independent, 23 of the top 50 corporate foundations gave at least $10,000 to BSA. Those sponsors included Bank of America, Intel, UPS, U.S. Bank, Verizon and Wells Fargo. The largest donation in 2010, $700,000, came from Intel. Some donations were directly from the company. Other donations were through matching funds programs in which company employees choose the charity and the company would match a certain amount for every dollar given by the employee.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

IT seems to me that the BSA received over $64 million in 2011. Yet, they are being pressured by people who donate just part. It appears that the squeakiest wheel gets the grease. Perhaps others ought to squeak louder!