IGNORED

Can anyone escape the iron Grip of A T and T and Comcast?

GlidingWings

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  169
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  345
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  4

I don’t know what area you are from. But we live in Illinois near Chicago. We recently learned Chicago is the most 3rd U.S. populated city, behind NYC and Los Angeles.

You would think among such a high population would allow more options. After all more people can create more businesses and more businesses creates competition. And competition can mean lower prices.

But now imagine this. What if there are not that many choices after all to control the population and the masses of the people? It seems to be the case with A T and T and Comcast. We just did some online research. Even to a place called Lower my Bills. These 2 companies back and forth and over and over.

We contacted Juno for DSL. They said not provided in our area. We called Integrity. They said no equipment in this area.

This leaves us with A T and T. We did a search on Clear. Not available in our area lastly a Satellite internet. Not available.

Now you see what a quandary we are in. This is pretty much why Microsoft was taken to court for monopolizing.

We want more choices outside of these 2 franchises. I am wondering if these companies have blocked the phone and cable lines to not allow other services in this area. These 2 companies are forcing control in the Chicago area legally yet evil and under handed.

I am trying to find a solution a way out to work with another Internet offering if possible DSL. The 2 companies remind me of the Antichrist. Either take the mark or you can’t have your services. I hate companies who force and cause others to stay out. Free enterprise?? Where is it in Chicago?

Can anyone know what can be done? A T and T ought to have a Shibboleth saying Your World is Our World; Your Choice is Our Choice Your Life is Our Life. Your money is our money. We will always be by your side because after all, there is no other way for you.

I am trying to find a solution a way out to work with another Internet offering if possible DSL. The 2 companies remind me of the Antichrist. Either take the mark or you can’t have your services. I hate companies who force and cause others to stay out. Free enterprise?? Where is it in Chicago?

Try WOW TV Or Look Up Internet Providers For Your Zip Code

They're Out There :)

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

I have Frontier because I live in a remote area.Their is Verizon for those who live where their is a population :mgcheerful: Yes,they have you locked in.Their are not many choices.I could never do Dialup.It would be way too slow for me.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,043
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Having an internet system is not a simple thing. It is extremely expensive to set up and maintain. For instance for a DSL line you have to be within about a mile of the central office switch for the DSL signal to be workable... at any high speed connection. I am only about six blocks from ours and I can only get up to a 3 MB download speed.

Cable is expensive to build and maintain also and you have to share bandwidth with everyone on that line.

I'm surprised that you can't get satellite unless it's because of the building you live in, for Hughes can be received just about anywhere that you can see the satellites. It is a crazy nightmare to set up a satellite system yourself though.

When it comes to internet if you don't live in a place with Version or a New Addition where AT&T is putting in fiber optics you usually have to deal with Cable systems or worse.

Sometime life draws a heavy vacuum.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

Having an internet system is not a simple thing. It is extremely expensive to set up and maintain. For instance for a DSL line you have to be within about a mile of the central office switch for the DSL signal to be workable... at any high speed connection. I am only about six blocks from ours and I can only get up to a 3 MB download speed.

Cable is expensive to build and maintain also and you have to share bandwidth with everyone on that line.

I'm surprised that you can't get satellite unless it's because of the building you live in, for Hughes can be received just about anywhere that you can see the satellites. It is a crazy nightmare to set up a satellite system yourself though.

When it comes to internet if you don't live in a place with Version or a New Addition where AT&T is putting in fiber optics you usually have to deal with Cable systems or worse.

Sometime life draws a heavy vacuum.

I had Comcast tell me "So,you want internet where you live?How much are you will to pay?" :hmmm:

• 2 weeks later...

I had Comcast tell me "So, you want internet where you live? How much are you will to pay?" :hmmm:

:24::24::24:

And To Think They Spend Millions A Month On Advertising To Entice You To Their Service

Just To Have One Goof Ball Toss It All Down The Drain

And Sour Your Hopes For Their Radio Relay

Million Dollar Mouth Indeed