Jacqueline

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  73
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,884
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Days Won:  0

Nothing wrong with birthdays at all, I have celebrated 61 of them.

In fact, I have also celebrated 30 of my salvation birthday.

The Bible does say, YE MUST BE BORN AGAIN - hence, birthday?

Happy birthday, as many as you have, to one and all.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  191
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  629
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  03/29/1970

I don't see anything wrong with birthdays either. In fact my last birthday I celebrated it with Jesus. Just thanking Him for everything that He's done for me. It was the best birthday I ever had. What's wrong with that? :emot-think:

God Bless You

Jacqueline

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  73
  • Content Count:  1,884
  • Content Per Day:  0.25

Jacqueline:

That is a wonderful way to celebrate a birthday. My next one is in January: I must remember to spend part of the day celebrating with Jesus :emot-think:

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  965
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Birthday:  05/28/1979

Did I say i was graying ?  :emot-think:

Now I feel older !!

Don't feel bad Michael- I've got ALOT of grey hair and I'm only 25! :whistling::thumbsup:

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  14
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  11/21/1982

As far as i know it, there's nothing wrong with celebrating your birthdays. Its all about giving thanks to the lord for taking care of us throughout the year. It depends on how u view and celebrate it. Perhaps it is not mentioned in the Bible because most people were not time(or day) consious as we are today where everything is based on time. God bless you!!

I just spoke to my cousin who is a Christian.  He said that he do not celebrate birthdays because the only two times in the bible you see someone celebrating a birthday was when the person was dead.  Now whats wrong with celebrating birthdays?  Where in the bible can I find this?

God Bless You

Jacqueline

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

heres my two cents i dont celebrate b-dys it is a form of self worship (idolatry),the holy calender just never made it possible to keep one,josephus even said that they do not ,Job cursed the day he was born because of his own children was killed for doing so and its first made use in old test.was an egyptian keeping it (they were pagans) other than the fact that there was a lot of child sacrificing going on then to like molech,baal etc etc ...(really the same god just diferent names for different cultures) i say this as memory serve me correctly , i done some deep research on this and discovered for myself its totally pagan and the fact the bible does not mention any b-days ecept for pagans keeping them. the answer is the lack of one if you know what i mean.But please prove all things for youself for edification god bless :)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Content Count:  1,545
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Birthday:  09/27/1968

Legalism and traditions of men. That is just ridiculous. Jews celebrate the barmitzvah (sp?) Jesus went to the temple when He was 12, probably for the celebration.

Jesus came to give us life and that more abundantly, not misery and rules

CELEBRATE!!!!

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  156
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,454
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Birthday:  07/02/1969

Everything we do is measured by its intent. If you think it is bad and you do it then you should repent. If you think it is good and makes others happy then you should do it in Jesus' name. Please don't flame me but I see the Bible as God "knocking". Jesus' teachings were of love, grace and faith. Laws apply to sin and freedom applies to love. In a two dimensional world a lighthouse makes a mighty beacon. In a three dimensional world, a star makes a better beacon. Let Gods light shine from you in every direction, not just in the direction you are looking.

I am not worthy of Gods' gifts so I pray that I may share in his wisdom even if for a few moments a day to keep me humble. Lord sift our hearts and souls so the chafe might be caught away. Lift your heads Brothers and Sisters and look for the light........it is in the eyes of your neighbor.

Edited by O'Dannyboy

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  8,601
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/04/1973

You would certainly have to go WELL BEYOND the perimeters of the Holy Writ to condemn the celebration of one's birthday. When I see fringe groups such as the Jehovah's Witness, Worldwide Church of God (Herbert W. Armstrong), etc. that sorta gives me a leg up on it not being a sin, plus the fact again that it is nowhere written in the Bible that it is a sin. Let's also not start the discussion on pagan influences because the names of our days and our planets have pagan connections!

• Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  669
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  09/04/1986

I CANNOT see how having a birthday or a party is a form of idolatry, or worshipping oneself... lol. I truly am laughing at that. I would say MOST people have birthday parties to get to hang out with their friends and family. I always have. I LOVE birthdays, because the family and friends get together for a party, and eat food! Why is that different than any other celebration? What is wrong with celebrating the birth of someone you love and care about???