IGNORED

...Venting again....

Guest HisG

Does anyone buy milk through the drivethru at Maccas?

It bothers me that multi - million dollar corporations feel they have to supply a basic need to the consumer and rob the small independants of their livelihoods!

What next - a grocery aisle to choose from too....?!

I saw a documentary on "food" ,( the supplying, selling etc) in the US and it made my jaw drop....

The stranglehold that large corporations have on your farms is staggering....

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,676
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

Im not sure I understand what your saying? Are you complaining of the cost of milk? or what?

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  903
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/03/1952

So ... McDonalds in Australia doesn't sell milk? Or is it the milk they do sell is overpriced ...? Color me confused.

Im not sure I understand what your saying? Are you complaining of the cost of milk? or what?

I believe HisG is making a statement about large corporations creating a monopoly in goods and service at the expense of small business.

ok. Well, maybe its a issue with australia, but I fail to see the problem in the US. If mcdonalds wants to sell milk in the drive through, whats the big deal? I dont see it creating a monopoly. At least in the US, all they sell are small milks, and you can still get all the milk you want from the grocery store, and gas stations, etc.

Does anyone buy milk through the drivethru at Maccas?

For anyone wondering, Maccas is the nickname for McDonalds down under.

Correct : )

Ok...in my home state a Macca's has started selling bottles of milk thru the drivethru....it's a trial run at the moment.

I don't like it :help:

I don't want our economy bowing down to multimillion corporations where the "little guy" on the street corner (the corner stores) are struggling or worse put out of business.

The corner stores sell the basic essentials - milk, bread, butter...etc

Im with bary. A lot of people in my area hated wal-mart when it went super center for the reason it would "force out the little guys" but the fact is, in my town, the little guys, only stayed in busines before because we had no other choice but to shop their. Their selection was half fast, and their customer service, was EXTREMELY lousy. So, when wal-mart came in, it forced the small businesses to pick up the pace-or get out. Competition, is a good thing. Now, dont get me wrong, I avoid our local wal-mart at all costs because I dont like the vast amounts of people, and lousy customer service, I go to the little guy, because it worked-the smaller grocery stores started picking up the pace. We have one grocery store that price matches everything, including wal-marts prices now, so having the wal-mart in our town go super center, I think actually helped the local economy. A monopoly, is one one company forces all the others out so you can only buy from it. Free enterprise is, it allows anyone to sell anything, and if the little guy doesnt want to get pushed out by the big guy, it needs to learn to compete. Theres something the little guys can offer that big chain stores cant-and thats good customer service and a friendly, home town feel, and a lot of people will go to the little guy just for that very reason. If they also offer something that big chains cant-like fresh made local cheese-its an added benefit.

To clarify, it's not acup of milkto have with a burger or Happy Meal..it's a2Litre plastic bottle of milk that you would normally buy at Woolworths supermarket for the entire family to drink.