gdemoss

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  602
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0

Gary DIDN'T say he knew the hour, he only said he thought he might know the timeframe....just sayin' ;)

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,089
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I'd have to do some research but it seems to me that Paul told us that we should be able to tell as the time approached and it should not take us by surprise. For the life of me I can't remember where that's at though.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,245
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/11/1984

Hi Gary, once again, I am impressed by your humble attitude - so rare to find these days. Rub some of the off on me will you? Seriously, I admire that quality a lot. We live in a world where everyone knows everything, man. Good to know someone out there knows they can be wrong sometimes, even though they are right many other times.

I have a shocker for you :blink::wacko::13:: I think you're right. And wrong too...

History repeats itself, yes? That's because God has sent His Word forth and it shall not return unto Him void but will accomplish that which it was sent for (Isaiah 55v10-11) He will keep fulfilling His Word until the final, ultimate fulfillment at the end of days. So yes, what you think might happen might happen, and it might hurt some people. But that doesn't mean that it's the complete and ultimate fulfillment of the prophecy. That's why people all thought that Hitler, Stalin, Osama, Obama were the anti-christ. are they anti-christian? Sure. Are they the unltimate anti-christ? remains to be seen, when all prophecy shall be sealed up in its culmination.

God bless you, Gary. May He add divine wisdom and truth to your humility and love. I pray that He gives you rest in His peace. He is the Prince of Peace, the Everlasting Father with everlasting arms to comfort us even in great tribulation and danger. I don't want people to get hurt or die, but I sure am glad that Jesus is coming soon!

Edited by *Zion*

• Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  903
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  05/03/1952

Years and years ago I heard a radio Bible preacher quote this: Mark 13:32 - But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father.

He then said something that, as a new believer, knocked me back (and I'm paraphrasing from memory): "Notice the verse talks about no one knowing the day or the hour, but it doesn't say we won't know the month ... or the week." He went on, "Now I'm not saying we will or we won't, but what if you knew--without a doubt--Jesus was going to rapture his people sometime in the next seven days? How would you redeem those days? How would that impact your witness to the lost?"

Those words stayed in my mind up until about ten years ago, when God gave me an idea about it. Long story short, it became my fourth published novel (Heading Home), and received a lot of very good reviews.

All that to say, gdemoss, you may be on to something! :biggrin2:

Years and years ago I heard a radio Bible preacher quote this: Mark 13:32 - But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father.

He then said something that, as a new believer, knocked me back (and I'm paraphrasing from memory): "Notice the verse talks about no one knowing the day or the hour, but it doesn't say we won't know the month ... or the week." He went on, "Now I'm not saying we will or we won't, but what if you knew--without a doubt--Jesus was going to rapture his people sometime in the next seven days? How would you redeem those days? How would that impact your witness to the lost?"

Those words stayed in my mind up until about ten years ago, when God gave me an idea about it. Long story short, it became my fourth published novel (Heading Home), and received a lot of very good reviews.

All that to say, gdemoss, you may be on to something!

It actually does say that.

Matthew 24

36 “But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, but My Father only.

37 But as the days of Noah were, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be.

38 For as in the days before the flood, they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noah entered the ark,

39 and did not know until the flood came and took them all away, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be.

Verse 39 indicates that the people were totally clueless. They did not know until the event actually took place.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

John, I just ordered a used copy of your book on Amazon. Looking forward to the read.

Thanks for the kind words Zion and bornagain2011

Sam, I think your referring to 1 Thes 5 where Paul says that because we are not in darkness that that day should not overtake us as a thief. That was the one, along with the OT account of God stopping by to tell Abraham what he was about to do before he did it gave me reason to believe in the possibility that I may not just be being led astray.

To All: There are numerous other scriptures that nail down the time table to show that we are indeed at the end of the age and the beginning of the last age of the kingdom of God upon the earth, but these that I have found are the only ones that I know of so far that place a specific time frame to it.

Do any of you subscribe to the theory that a day is with the Lord as a thousand years meaning not only that time is irrelevant with God but that prophetically speaking many hidden mysteries about Gods timeline are found in various scriptures prophesying about how long God would be working with man upon the earth? I began to see this in the scriptures about a year ago and have since seen a lot that puts not only an emphasis on our day being very eventful but also gives insight as to the possible actions that God will take soon.

I personally came to an understanding of scripture where I understood that all scripture from Genesis to Revelation is prophetic in nature, every single word and not just the prophets and Revelation. Oh boy, did that send me for a loop. I have been gaining a respect for God and his Word by the day that pales in comparison to that which I once had. Nothing, absolutely nothing happens in Gods world by mistake. This fact both scares and comforts me at the same time. I am just happy that I am on his side.

May God bless each and every one of you this day.

The unsaved, yes. The preacher was talking about believers.

But as I said, my work was simply one of fiction, a "what if?" tale; nothing to hang your hat on theologically, that's for sure.

All that to say, gdemoss, you may be on to something!

It actually does say that.

Matthew 24

36 “But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, but My Father only.

37 But as the days of Noah were, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be.

38 For as in the days before the flood, they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noah entered the ark,

39 and did not know until the flood came and took them all away, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be.

Verse 39 indicates that the people were totally clueless. They did not know until the event actually took place.

Man, your absolutely correct. I think we need to ask 'who' was clueless though. Noah and his family were not. They knew 100 years in advance.

Why thanks, friend; you didn't have to that (but I thank ye kindly, anyway! :biggrin2: )

Why thanks, friend; you didn't have to that (but I thank ye kindly, anyway! :biggrin2: )

Sounded like a good read.