missmuffet

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  21
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

According to scripture they are the same, the Lord is the Life and the Lamb of God. There are many books written in heaven besides the book of life, the which each soul is judged from them accordingly. There is the book of works, the book of false-witness and injustice, the book of kidnapping, the book of adultery, the book of robbery, the book of extortion, the book of cruelty, the book of justification, the book of prayers, the book of wounds and tears, the book of caring, the book of forgiveness, the book of repentance, the book of blasphemy, and the book of sacrifice.

I would be interested if you can provide us with where you find this in scripture, or if this is just a belief you have.

You will find these throughout the scriptures: "For the Son of man will come in the glory who's Father of him, with angels of him, then he will reward to each according to the Works of them." Matthew 16:27. "For we must all appear in front of the Judgment throne of Christ, that every one will receive the things in body, according to what we have done, whether good or bad." II Corinthians 5:10.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,245
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/11/1984

According to scripture they are the same, the Lord is the Life and the Lamb of God. There are many books written in heaven besides the book of life, the which each soul is judged from them accordingly. There is the book of works, the book of false-witness and injustice, the book of kidnapping, the book of adultery, the book of robbery, the book of extortion, the book of cruelty, the book of justification, the book of prayers, the book of wounds and tears, the book of caring, the book of forgiveness, the book of repentance, the book of blasphemy, and the book of sacrifice.

Please provide scriptural references, I would be very interested to learn more.

When we read the scriptures we learn that God is everywhere at the same time, and he is all-knowing. He knows our thoughts from afar off, he knows our uprising and our downsitting, and when we go out and when we come in. Even every hair of our head is numbered by him. Every thought and every action, and every thing that we do and has been done onto us, is recorded upon our souls. And on the Judgment Day when we each of us are called to stand in front of his great white throne in the tribunal, we must give an account of our individual lives upon the earth: that what we have done with Christ, and that what we have done onto others. That is why it is very important to rightly use our gift of freedom of choice, to accept Christ the Lord and worship and obey his commandments, and to love him and to care for others as we would care for ourselves. For we each will be held accountable for our words and actions. When you become born-again you will live to serve the King, and in the life to come you will be blessed and will dwell in paradise with the King. But to those who persecute the Christians, they will be eternally condemned to the lake of fire and brimstone for their wickedness. I cannot change this fact. God is just and his judgment is perfect. And I look forward to that day, for there is much evil and destruction happening against God's people, but the Almighty will have the final word. This is a sure word that we each should find comfort in. Our Papa will come with flaming sword and take swift vengeance upon all the enemies. So continue to serve the Lord in gladness and in prayers for his daily intervention. And the books of records of your life leave them to his care, knowing full-well that he always does what is the best for each one. I know that it seems unjust for the evils that befall us, but "God is with us", and "God is not mocked", and he that comes will not tarry, but he will requite swift justice for his children. He that planted the ear, he will hear: and he that formed the eye, he does see. Edited by Jie

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.81
  • Days Won:  44

When we read the scriptures we learn that God is everywhere at the same time, and he is all-knowing. He knows our thoughts from afar off, he knows our uprising and our downsitting, and when we go out and when we come in. Even every hair of our head is numbered by him. Every thought and every action, and every thing that we do and has been done onto us, is recorded upon our souls. And on the Judgment Day when we each of us are called to stand in front of his great white throne in the tribunal, we must give an account of our individual lives upon the earth: that what we have done with Christ, and that what we have done onto others. That is why it is very important to rightly use our gift of freedom of choice, to accept Christ the Lord and worship and obey his commandments, and to love him and to care for others as we would care for ourselves. For we each will be held accountable for our words and actions. When you become born-again you will live to serve the King, and in the life to come you will be blessed and will dwell in paradise with the King. But to those who persecute the Christians, they will be eternally condemned to the lake of fire and brimstone for their wickedness. I cannot change this fact. God is just and his judgment is perfect. And I look forward to that day, for there is much evil and destruction happening against God's people, but the Almighty will have the final word. This is a sure word that we each should find comfort in. Our Papa will come with flaming sword and take swift vengeance upon all the enemies. So continue to serve the Lord in gladness and in prayers for his daily intervention. And the books of records of your life leave them to his care, knowing full-well that he always does what is the best for each one. I know that it seems unjust for the evils that befall us, but "God is with us", and "God is not mocked", and he that comes will not tarry, but he will requite swift justice for his children. He that planted the ear, he will hear: and he that formed the eye, he does see.

Perhaps the actual passages and the quotes would be better?

Where are all these books referenced to in Scripture? Curious.

Opinions are great. God's Word is better. :thumbsup:

God bless,

GE

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

I would be interested if you can provide us with where you find this in scripture, or if this is just a belief you have.

You will find these throughout the scriptures: "For the Son of man will come in the glory who's Father of him, with angels of him, then he will reward to each according to the Works of them." Matthew 16:27. "For we must all appear in front of the Judgment throne of Christ, that every one will receive the things in body, according to what we have done, whether good or bad." II Corinthians 5:10.

Yes, I have read about what will happen. I was speaking to how you named so many books that I have not found in scripture, which are many:

1. book of works - works is mentioned, but not as a particular name of a book
  2. the book of false-witness and injustice
  3. the book of kidnapping
  4. the book of adultery
  5. the book of robbery
  6. the book of extortion
  7. the book of cruelty
  8. the book of justification
  9. the book of prayers
  10. the book of wounds and tears
  11. the book of caring
  12. the book of forgiveness
  13. the book of repentance
  14. the book of blasphemy
  15. the book of sacrifice

I have not read of these and wanted to make it clear that this is a personal belief, extra-biblical, and not found in scripture. We have many who come here seeking, so clarity of what is actually found in scripture and what is not is important.

In Revelation 20:12 we do read "And I saw the dead, small and great, standing before God, and books were opened. And another book was opened, which is the Book of Life. And the dead were judged according to their works, by the things which were written in the books." There is no mention of what they are, how many there are, or what is in them. We are left to our imagination about what they may be, yet it is wiser to be silent when scripture is silent, or be clear to the reader where the information came from.

When we read the scriptures we learn that God is everywhere at the same time, and he is all-knowing. He knows our thoughts from afar off, he knows our uprising and our downsitting, and when we go out and when we come in. Even every hair of our head is numbered by him. Every thought and every action, and every thing that we do and has been done onto us, is recorded upon our souls. And on the Judgment Day when we each of us are called to stand in front of his great white throne in the tribunal, we must give an account of our individual lives upon the earth: that what we have done with Christ, and that what we have done onto others. That is why it is very important to rightly use our gift of freedom of choice, to accept Christ the Lord and worship and obey his commandments, and to love him and to care for others as we would care for ourselves. For we each will be held accountable for our words and actions. When you become born-again you will live to serve the King, and in the life to come you will be blessed and will dwell in paradise with the King. But to those who persecute the Christians, they will be eternally condemned to the lake of fire and brimstone for their wickedness. I cannot change this fact. God is just and his judgment is perfect. And I look forward to that day, for there is much evil and destruction happening against God's people, but the Almighty will have the final word. This is a sure word that we each should find comfort in. Our Papa will come with flaming sword and take swift vengeance upon all the enemies. So continue to serve the Lord in gladness and in prayers for his daily intervention. And the books of records of your life leave them to his care, knowing full-well that he always does what is the best for each one. I know that it seems unjust for the evils that befall us, but "God is with us", and "God is not mocked", and he that comes will not tarry, but he will requite swift justice for his children. He that planted the ear, he will hear: and he that formed the eye, he does see.

Perhaps the actual passages and the quotes would be better?

Where are all these books referenced to in Scripture? Curious.

Opinions are great. God's Word is better. :thumbsup:

God bless,

GE

I quote scripture. Please read Revelation 20:12, and notice the word "bookS" is plural.

Yes, I have read about what will happen. I was speaking to how you named so many books that I have not found in scripture, which are many:

4. the book of adultery
  5. the book of robbery
  6. the book of extortion
  7. the book of cruelty
  9. the book of prayers
  11. the book of caring

I have not read of these and wanted to make it clear that this is a personal belief, extra-biblical, and not found in scripture. We have many who come here seeking, so clarity of what is actually found in scripture and what is not is important.

In Revelation 20:12 we do read "And I saw the dead, small and great, standing before God, and books were opened. And another book was opened, which is the Book of Life. And the dead were judged according to their works, by the things which were written in the books." There is no mention of what they are, how many there are, or what is in them. We are left to our imagination about what they may be, yet it is wiser to be silent when scripture is silent, or be clear to the reader where the information came from.

I know of the books. I have even personally been shown one of them in heaven, called, the book of justification. It is a very large, black covered book, and has white pages inside, and the writing inside was English. But besides it's very large size it is not a typical book as one would think it to be. I was not shown every page in the book, but the book was opened in the middle, and I seen only one word that was written in the middle of the page, which crossed over half of the word on the left page and the other half of the word ended on the right page, and the word that was written in the book was "Justified". Notice in Revelation 20:12, the word BookS is plural. So when Scripture says BookS, this is Inter-Biblical record of the Bible, and is not an extra-biblical belief, but rather a Biblical belief. Some people refuse to believe what is in the Bible, but their unbelief does not make what is written not written, but instead that what is recorded will be recorded and none can escape the record of their life, whether they believe their works are recorded or not recorded.

Edited by Jie

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  195
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  03/25/1993

You still have not provided Scripture to support your claim that the following books exist.

the book of false-witness and injustice

the book of kidnapping

the book of adultery

the book of robbery

the book of extortion

the book of cruelty

the book of justification

the book of prayers

the book of wounds and tears

the book of caring

the book of forgiveness

the book of repentance

the book of blasphemy

the book of sacrifice

The Scripture says that there are "books"; it does not tell us what those books are called, therefore, your assertion is nothing more than an opinion, which is fine, as long as it is recognized as such and not as a Scripturally supported truth.

Religious beliefs need to have a firm foundation in the Bible. The Bible is the Christian's compass; without it one cannot find the way - one cannot differentiate between the opinions of men and the truths of God. This is why a doctrinal proposition that is presented it should always be substantiated by Scripture.

...let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged.

Romans 3:4

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

4. the book of adultery
  5. the book of robbery
  6. the book of extortion
  7. the book of cruelty
  9. the book of prayers
  11. the book of caring

I know of the books. I have even personally been shown one of them in heaven, called, the book of justification. It is a very large, black covered book, and has white pages inside, and the writing inside was English. But besides it's very large size it is not a typical book as one would think it to be. I was not shown every page in the book, but the book was opened in the middle, and I seen only one word that was written in the middle of the page, which crossed over half of the word on the left page and the other half of the word ended on the right page, and the word that was written in the book was "Justified". Notice in Revelation 20:12, the word BookS is plural. So when Scripture says BookS, this is Inter-Biblical record of the Bible, and is not an extra-biblical belief, but rather a Biblical belief. Some people refuse to believe what is in the Bible, but their unbelief does not make what is written not written, but instead that what is recorded will be recorded and none can escape the record of their life, whether they believe their works are recorded or not recorded.

This is exactly what I spoke of as extra-biblical. Your experience and belief that you can list the books written in Revelation is, in fact, without a doubt, extra-biblical. We all have ideas as what is meant when scripture is not clear or self evident in its explanation. The problem is , when someone comes here, as there have been many before you, claiming to have special revelation, they seek to be accepted for their extra-biblical beliefs, as if it were scripture, and this is where trouble begins. To admit that a statement is only a belief and not scriptural is humility. To claim it is to be accepted as scripture, is heretical based in pride and arrogance. I do pray you can continue with us in humility and inform the readers when the statements you make are scriptural and when it is not.

There is also a stern warning in Revelation about adding to the book of Revelation. You need to be very careful.

Revelation 22:18-19

For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book; and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

It would also be advisable to understand our Terms of Service to have a deeper understanding of what is expected of every member, no one excluded, and how we monitor this site. Our Statement of Faith speak of what our beliefs are. This private site is part of a larger ministry, not just a site someone created to discuss Christianity. We accept all discussions and debates, as long as they are within the guidelines of the ToS, despite the possibility of the person not agreeing with our SoF.

My pleasure. This is not my opinion, but found in the Bible for anyone to read. Here are the biblical references you asked for. Be blessed: the book of works- Malachi 3:16,18+ Matthew 16:27+ Revelation 22:12, the book of false-witness and injustice- Matthew 12:36,37, the book of adultery- Hebrews 13:4, the book of cruelty- Psalm 109:5,13,14, the book of justification- Luke 10:20, the book of wounds and tears- Psalm 56:8+ Ezekiel 2:9,10, the book of caring- I Timothy 6:18,19, the book of blasphemy- Matthew 12:31,32, book of life, AND OTHER BOOKS- Daniel 7:10+ 12:1+ Revelation 13:8+ 17:8+ 20:12.