thereaperman

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  97
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

i have been reading this book and have just got into chapter 6. the book/god says there is no punishment for sin, that no one goes to hell and we are free to do whatever we want. however there are also alot of other things in the book that make sence and sound like they came from god. was wondering if anyone else out there had read the book or thinks there could be a foundation for what is mentioned in the book?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  45
  • Content Count:  331
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  01/01/2003

I have read the book. And I burned it when I was done.

Sounds radical, but it says the Bible can't be trusted. It says God isn't all-powerful.

The author claims God took over his pen. He claims he asked God questions and that the answers didn't come from him the author, but from God himself.

While there are some things in the book that make sense, like you said, there are also a lot of truth in the satanic bible. That doesn't mean we should live our life by it.

This book should not be read to anyone who isn't isn't solid in the foundation of the bible. As far as I'm concerned, it deserved to be burned. You can be very easily decieved by it.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

Sounds like garbage to me :huh:

Angels

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

It's a lot of hooey! Like the new agers 'Course on Miracles.'

• Topic Count:  42
  • Content Count:  97
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

oddly enough i read a book called "new age spirituality" which refeered to a corse in miricles alot as well..... i need to get some bettter reading, clearly

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Content Count:  407
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

The author used automatic writing to basically channel "God."

Any mature Christian will be able to tell right away that the book is demon inspired.

No punishment for sin? No hell? Gee, I've read that that's what a lot of those supposed "ghosts" of sinful people who have died say.

Just more demon trash.

I read the book, threw it in the garbage can, then went and washed my hands.

warm regards

-bud

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

Tubal Cain, I gotta' luv ya'!!! God told me I had to.......grumble grumble grumble mumble grumble....

I've got the Course on Miracles in written and CD form. I also have the full Nag Hammadi Library, and lots of other gnostic literature. All the Course on Miracles is simply a restating of a bunch of 1st through 3rd century gnostic stuff in 'hip' new psychobabble language. These two people claim they got this stuff from voices the gal was hearing in her head. I think she was probably reading the gnostic stuff, and the voice in her head was saying: "Holy mackeral! If I put this stuff in insipid New-Agey language, I can make millions off gullible fools!" And she has.....

• Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.89

i have been reading this book and have just got into chapter 6. the book/god says there is no punishment for sin, that no one goes to hell and we are free to do whatever we want. however there are also alot of other things in the book that make sence and sound like they came from god. was wondering if anyone else out there had read the book or thinks there could be a foundation for what is mentioned in the book?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

there are groups that believe that no one is lost, and it don't matter what they do, or don't do, that everyone is saved..... they are being called Universalist ( or universalism ) one scripture ( picking and choosing ) they use is every knee shall bow, and every tongue confess....... then tend to leave out the parts about hell fire and damnation......

just like many things from satan, it makes sense..... but very deceptive.... those teaching this doctrine will be held responsible for the souls that they drive away from Christ, they will be receiving their just due for teaching falsely....

there is too much tickle my funny bone teaching, and this is one of them..... according to this, no matter what I do, i am saved, I don't even have to accept Jesus as my LORD, and SAVIOR to be saved in this life, all i would have to do is bow down at the throne of judgement and confess......

WRONG ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

It don't matter what a person does or doesn't do, if they do not have CHRIST during this life time, they are lost..... no matter how much sense it makes....

just from the little you have told me that you have read, the author is not worth reading.......

mike

• Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  149
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

I have read it, as I have 1000's of books, it is trash plain and simple, but gives you a good idea of how sad a mind it is for a non beleiving person.

Guest hubertdorm

Didn't know if this was appropriate to post, but I wanted to list some of the "truths" which this Neale Walsch claims. As said on this topic, the books shouldn't be read except by someone well grounded in faith.

The New Revelations (from Walsch's book, The New Revelations)

1) God has never stopped communicating directly with human beings. God has been communication with and through human beings from the beginning of time. God does so today.

Many Christians would agree with this one. Just remember, Walsch claims to have direct revelation from God--God told him these things personally!

2) Every human being is as special as every other human being who has ever lived, lives now, or ever will live. You are all messengers. Everyone of you. You are carrying a message to life about life every day. Every hour. Every moment.

Awww,, makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

3) No path to God is more direct than any other path. No religion is the "one true" religion, no people are "the chosen people," and no prophet is the "greatest prophet."

Does the line, "I am the way, the truth and the life. No man comes to the Father but by me" ring a bell?

4) God needs nothing. God requires nothing in order to be happy. God is happiness itself. Therefore, God requires nothing of anyone or anything in the universe.

God is Happiness!! Let's all go chase the fleshly wants of this life that make us happy, and all the while know that we are seeking "god."

5) God is not a singular Super Being, living somewhere in the Universe or outside of it, having the same emotional needs and subject to the same emotional turmoil as humans. That which is God cannot be hurt or damaged in any way, and so, has no need to seek revenge or impose punishment.

This is good news to all the wicked, unbelieving, sexually immoral, murderers who reject His one and only Son.

6)All things are One Thing. There is only One Thing, and all things are part of the One Thing That Is.

Now, come on stop laughing, this is "god" talking now.

7) There is no such thing as Right and Wrong. There is only What Works and what Does Not Work, depending upon what it is that you seek to be, do or have.

I wonder if Walsch would think it "wrong" for someone to burn his house, his ministry, even his very life.

8) You are not your body. Who you are, is limitless and without end.

I wonder whose body I am then. I hope it is someone attractive. I'd hate to think I'd have no end and live forever with an ugly face.

9) You cannot die, and you will never be condemned to eternal damnation.

Last I checked, the odds of dying are still 1:1. Nobody is going to hell! YAY! Where is that barf smiley?