2ndRateMind

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  44
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Did Jesus die for you and why? Easy questions. Please try a direct answer.

Some truths are better realised and discovered, rather than baldly stated. But I will oblige, on this occasion.

Jesus died as He did because He loved humanity.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Did Jesus die for you and why? Easy questions. Please try a direct answer.

Some truths are better realised and discovered, rather than baldly stated. But I will oblige, on this occasion.

Jesus died as He did because He loved humanity.

Let's get one thing straight. I am not asking you to oblige me. As a moderator I am "obliged" to ensure that people who are they say they are on Worthy, which is a Christian Ministry site.

I asked you if Jesus died for you specifically. There is no need for "realization and discovery" in this instance.

Did Jesus die for you?

Did he die for your sins?

Please consider your answers seriously.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

Jesus has not answered for my sins

With a statement like this you have shown that you are not a believer. I have changed your group to an appropriate group, nonbeliever.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I think you are just going to find trouble if you want to yoke together obligation to alleviate poverty and the core Christian concern, no matter how you try to state it. I don't think it's because people are jerks and don't care about the poor, but more that you seem to be operating from a different reality altogether, and as a result, have a different core orientation to the world than what the gospel- Jesus' death and resurrection- demands. That's my sense of this thread.

Yes, you understand correctly. :)

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Do you understand the atonement? And why that was necessary? And why it happened the way it did?

No, I readily admit that I do not understand atonement theory. I understand what makes it attractive, but not what makes it true.

Best wishes, eco.

Oh dear. Atonement isn't a theory. Atonement is a key theme all throughout Scripture. GE gave a good explanation, I think.

Honestly, Eco, I fail to understand how you can call yourself by Christ's name, yet not believe the writings that testify of Him and explain who He is from beginning to end.

How can you believe life is about humanity and not about Him?

Ha. I sense the 'not a proper Christian' tactic. It does you no credit.

Tactic for what? What point do you believe me to be arguing?

Now, about atonement. It is fundamentally an offense against justice to allow or enable one person to answer for the sins of another. This is widely recognised in all judicial systems in the world on an individual scale - we simply do not allow mothers to accept the punishment due to their sons, or lovers to swap places in the dock, or any such system. I can only think that atonement theory is injustice at such a cosmic level that it has blinded you to it's obvious inconsistancy with the nature of God - that He is loving, merciful and Just.

If God followed your rules for justice, we'd all be burning in Hell right now. None of us are guilt free from sin. Your very first act of rebellion against your parents was an act of sin. Any time you were selfish with your toys as a child was a sin. One little lie to get your way. Any pride in your heart. Lust. The list goes on.

The penalty for sin is death. Confessing a changing behavior cannot pay the price for this.

Jesus has not answered for my sins, and if I was given any choice about the matter, I would not allow Him to do so, and I would insist on answering for my own sins. But, in fact, I was offered no such choice. Rather, as I was born again, I went through a process whereby all my sins were paraded before me, and repenting each and every one of them. I assure you, it was no soft option, but the final result, atonement, at-one-ment with God, which cannot happen through anyone else's good offices, or however much blood is uselessly spilt, was worth every moment of mortification. I think this process is common to all who have been born again. If you do not recognise it, perhaps it is your own relationship with the divine that needs a review.

By what do you base your philosophy? What foundation have you built yolurself upon?

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  7
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

... can you be both rich and Christian?

I suppose it depends on where you set the bar and the definition of Christian. If Christian only means you believe, then I would say yes. To me a better question, is can you be rich, refuse to share your wealth and still be an honorable person. If Christianity is defined by a simple act of proclaimation, then I would pose that it is not a significant recommendation. In a Revival meeting I once heard a Minister ask, "If you were put on trial for being a Christian, would there be enough evidence to convict you?"

Kadin

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.81
  • Days Won:  44

I believe the discussion has come to an end. In any case time to move onto another thread.

Thread closed.