IGNORED

Your mission, should you choose to accept it...

2ndRateMind

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  145
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

My tools: bing nice to everyone and anyone. Being merciful towards those who wrong me (even if somebody killed a family member). Being like Christ. Evangelizing by works. And looking at the Bible as partly historical context (such as all of those laws in Exodus, especially the homosexuality is a sin (which, IMO is not) and using human logic and reason out in the real world and loving nature and science to better the world.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  406
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  5,248
  • Content Per Day:  1.14
  • Days Won:  67

bestrfcplayer,

Welcome to Worthy.

We believe that the bible is the Word of God. Everything we believe derives from the bible.

Here is Worthy's statement of faith.

http://www.worthynetwork.com/statement-of-faith

Here are the TOS.

http://www.worthychr...tion=boardrules

Please read both of them as they will help you understand the site.

We have believers, non-believers and seekers, all are welcome if they follow the TOS Rules. :)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

My tools: bing nice to everyone and anyone. Being merciful towards those who wrong me (even if somebody killed a family member). Being like Christ. Evangelizing by works. And looking at the Bible as partly historical context (such as all of those laws in Exodus, especially the homosexuality is a sin (which, IMO is not) and using human logic and reason out in the real world and loving nature and science to better the world.

Using the worlds logic is probably why you see homosexuality as being OK. I highly suggest that you stick to scripture and follow God and not the world.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.01
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

1 We are taught to Love everyone, not just those who have wronged us

2 Being like Christ and thinking that homosexuality is not a sin, is a contradiction

3 The bible is not a history book, it ignores history to a large degree to concentrate on the soul.

4 Using the "worlds" logic, as OneLight said, is really not a good idea

Welcome to Worthy.

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  145
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

2 Being like Christ and thinking that homosexuality is not a sin, is a contradiction

3 The bible is not a history book, it ignores history to a large degree to concentrate on the soul.

Welcome to Worthy.

1. I do know that

2. Again, IMO it's not a sin and I think that Jesus would accept homosexuals if he were around today

3. I did not say it was a history book, just that I was going to look at those laws from the historical time period that they were written in (I.e we don't stone adulters any more, so why should homosexuality be a sin). Sorry if I'm still not clear enough, I have a hard time explaining things

4. What's wrong with worldly logic. We are suposed to be apart of this world, and to be honest, yes a lot of things should be changed, but the world isn't that bad as some people say it is.

Oh, and thanks for the welcome guys!

Edited by bestrfcplayer

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

Welcome to Worthy.

1. I do know that

2. Again, IMO it's not a sin and I think that Jesus would accept homosexuals if he were around today

3. I did not say it was a history book, just that I was going to look at those laws from the historical time period that they were written in (I.e we don't stone adulters any more, so why should homosexuality be a sin). Sorry if I'm still not clear enough, I have a hard time explaining things

4. What's wrong with worldly logic. We are suposed to be apart of this world, and to be honest, yes a lot of things should be changed, but the world isn't that bad as some people say it is.

About #2 - if you are a born again believer and have the mind of Christ, why to you refer back to your own opinion and not follow what Scripture tells us. Jesus accepted people where they were, but did not leave them in their sin if they accepted Him. There is a change in their lives that creates them to be more like Christ, holy as He is holy. Our opinions are worthless unless it lines up with scripture. Can you point to anywhere in scripture where it says homosexuality is acceptable to God?

As for #4, we are told to not lean on our own understanding, which is worldly logic and thinking, but instead to trust in the Lord with all our heart. If there was no difference, or if there was nothing wrong with worldly logic and thinking, we would not of been told this.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,384
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/22/1996

Welcome to Worthy.

1. I do know that

Welcome to Worthy!! Something that we cannot stress enough is doing as provided in Proverbs 3:5-6, and sticking to the scriptures rather than how we "feel" about things. We cannot change the way God's judgement is, so being opinionated, and leading people in the direction that their sin is "okay" is far from edifying. In the end they answer to the Lord, and leading them to the correction that is in Him before judgement is very important. And by "leading" I mean telling them, and having the Holy spirit lead them.

2 Timothy 3:16 "All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness,"

Malachi 3:6 "I the LORD do not change. So you, the descendants of Jacob, are not destroyed."

1 Corinthians 6:9-11 "Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,

Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God. And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God."

The problem that arises, is that people look at blood sacrifices-and the end of that into comparison to Christ- and think they can dismember that, and pull it over to their own inclinations. . .BUT, there are two things people are missing. . .1) The blood sacrifices did not save (Hebrews 10:4) and 2) Jesus Christ was the FULFILLMENT, of that law- so where is the fulfillment of this? Where in the bible does it correct the judgement found in both, Exodus AND 1 Corinthians? Well, there are none! So the fact still remains, homosexuality is INDEED a sin, and needs to be repented- meaning completely turned away from. . .hard. . .indeed, but there is nothing impossible with God, and that is made absolutely true in testimony's- and you can even find some of those here! Hallelujah!

God bless you and look forward to your response.