• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

Loves me where I am, but insists on me following Him out of where I am!

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Days Won:  14

One of the great love/kindness in the Bible is shown by David to King Saul's grandson - This could only be done because David knew the love of God - I must admit this is one of my most loved 'stories' of the Bible. Love shown to your enemy.

Is this not an example of God's love to us?

2 Samuel 9

New King James Version (NKJV)

David’s Kindness to Mephibosheth

9 Now David said, “Is there still anyone who is left of the house of Saul, that I may show him kindness for Jonathan’s sake?”

2 And there was a servant of the house of Saul whose name was Ziba. So when they had called him to David, the king said to him, “Are you Ziba?”

He said, “At your service!”

3 Then the king said, “Is there not still someone of the house of Saul, to whom I may show the kindness of God?”

And Ziba said to the king, “There is still a son of Jonathan who is lame in his feet.”

4 So the king said to him, “Where is he?”

And Ziba said to the king, “Indeed he is in the house of Machir the son of Ammiel, in Lo Debar.”

5 Then King David sent and brought him out of the house of Machir the son of Ammiel, from Lo Debar.

6 Now when Mephibosheth the son of Jonathan, the son of Saul, had come to David, he fell on his face and prostrated himself. Then David said, “Mephibosheth?”

And he answered, “Here is your servant!”

7 So David said to him, “Do not fear, for I will surely show you kindness for Jonathan your father’s sake, and will restore to you all the land of Saul your grandfather; and you shall eat bread at my table continually.”

8 Then he bowed himself, and said, “What is your servant, that you should look upon such a dead dog as I?”

9 And the king called to Ziba, Saul’s servant, and said to him, “I have given to your master’s son all that belonged to Saul and to all his house. 10 You therefore, and your sons and your servants, shall work the land for him, and you shall bring in the harvest, that your master’s son may have food to eat. But Mephibosheth your master’s son shall eat bread at my table always.” Now Ziba had fifteen sons and twenty servants.

11 Then Ziba said to the king, “According to all that my lord the king has commanded his servant, so will your servant do.”

“As for Mephibosheth,” said the king, “he shall eat at my table[a] like one of the king’s sons.” 12 Mephibosheth had a young son whose name was Micha. And all who dwelt in the house of Ziba were servants of Mephibosheth. 13 So Mephibosheth dwelt in Jerusalem, for he ate continually at the king’s table. And he was lame in both his feet.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

the Love of Jesus was also seen in Elisha who asked that the armies be blinded before he led them unto the king who he instructed to feed them and send them on their way unharmed. Beautiful encounter. May God grace us all with the ability to deal with our enemies in such a loving manner.

• 5 weeks later...

Hello Fresno Joe,

After reading your question, my mind went straight to Matthew 11:28-30. I believe that it is the only Scripture where Jesus descibes his own heart.

28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”

Yes, the Love of Christ.

God bless,

Randal

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  40,789
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Activities that formed His Lovely Being:

Compassionate. Isa 40:11; Luke 19:41.

Benevolent. Matt 4:23-24; Acts 10:38.

Denied self Matt 8:20; 2 Cor 8:9.

Humble. Luke 22:27; Phil 2:8.

Forgiving. Luke 23:34.

obeyed parents. Luke 2:51.

Loving. John 13:1; 15:13.

we are conformed to. Rom 8:29.

Love, Steven

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  145
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

Jesus loves all each and every day. Even those who don't believe.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,245
  • Content Per Day:  0.79
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/11/1984

Jesus loves His enemies, He blesses those who curse Him and deal spitefully with Him, He forgives those who trespass against Him, He disciplines those He loves and rewards those who endure and overcome in Him. A bruised reed he will not break, and a smouldering wick He will not put out.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  601
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  3

A Love That Is Unfathomable...Even That He First Loved us...Will Not Leave or Forsake us...Will Not Leave us As Orphans...That He Would Lay Down His Life To Save Us...

Wretched I am Without Him...Whew...The Greatest Love Ever Known To Mankind...

Through Him Is The Only Way To The Father...

The Love of Jesus...

For If You Have Seen Him You Have Seen The Father...For They Are One...

That He Is Love...He Is Love

I Worship, Adore, Honor, Praise and Need Him

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  18
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Jesus Christ has shown the greatest example of unselfish love. He exemplified this when he chose to be martyred by death on the cross. Many times, we hear that the nails held Christ on the cross for us to be saved from our sins. Thinking the other way around, it was His love for us that made Him chose to be crucified and to die hanging there being mocked by men whom He also saved from their sins.

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,384
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/22/1996

In Your Experience, In Your Life, In Your Mind, In Your Heart

What Is Meant By "The Love Of Jesus"?

Scripture Is Greatly Treasured And Welcomed~!

What I tell you in darkness, that speak ye in light: and what ye hear in the ear, that preach ye upon the housetops. Matthew 10:27

Atheist And Agnostics

And Other Folk Without Jesus

Are Welcome To Post Their Questions About

And/Or Their Struggles With The Jesus Of The Holy Bible

With Love And Hope And The Deepest Of Respect, Your Joe

Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God. 2 Corinthians 5:20

I think the love of Christ is present in our lives explicitly in this verse. . .

1 Corinthians 13:1-13

"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails."

God is this love- this same love is manifested in us and should be present in our lives and in our walk as a believer.