IGNORED

Pastor Steve Hadley Blood Moon Scenario's Prophecy student must s

Guest darlagraham

Guest darlagraham

I noticed he made fun of Harold Camping, and I don't blame him for that. Although it wasn't funny that Camping convinced so many people some gave away their life savings. However, things do seem to have changed since 2012 passed and it became 2013. So just maybe the Mayan's were onto something.

But now this guy sounds he's saying 2015. There is always someone who thinks he knows what even Jesus didn't know.

I noticed he made fun of Harold Camping, and I don't blame him for that. Although it wasn't funny that Camping convinced so many people some gave away their life savings. However, things do seem to have changed since 2012 passed and it became 2013. So just maybe the Mayan's were onto something.

But now this guy sounds he's saying 2015. There is always someone who thinks he knows what even Jesus didn't know.

Amen~!

When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel? And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power. Acts 1:6-7

I agree with that in the spirit that you said it. However, the way I read the passage, it did not say that no one would ever know, and more importantly, it is also true that Jesus took great trouble to outline future events and their sequences, and that Paul points out that "that day" will not overtake beleivers as a theif.

We certainly need to be wary and skeptical of date setters, and Jesus did say He would come at a time when we think not (Luke 12:40). One of the most interesting aspects of eschatology, and one of the most confusing to many people, is that the bible gives us indications of expectancy, and of delay, of not being able to know, and knowing the signs that precede, very tricky, but all are in agreement that it is important to be ready for His return.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

That's all true, Omegaman. The problems are even Jesus said He'd be back soon, and even the apostles took that to mean back in their day.

The other problem is being ready for Jesus return means not living in sin. And not living in sin is very hard when you're young, and it's getting even harder. I watched the 180 movie and 1 girl avoided answering one question by saying she is gay. But even that put aside, to be honest, I see how hard it is for today's young people to not be constantly sinning. I'd say it's only become easier for me because I'm old. I just can't do what I once could, but I've also finally realized I shouldn't even want to. But this is recent, as in the last 8 years.

I do hope this man is right and Jesus does return in the next few years. Because we do seem to be looking at the end of life, as people my age and older, knew it. Things are so bad sin wise, that I'm more afraid of living than dying. And that's bad.

And then we have the powder keg, better known as the Mideast. Maybe that will bring Jesus back to Earth. I don't recall where in the Bible it is, but I know I read that if Jesus doesn't return when He does, there will be no flesh left alive.

That's all true, Omegaman. The problems are even Jesus said He'd be back soon, and even the apostles took that to mean back in their day.

I think it is fair to say, that they expected He could return in their day, not sure that they did. I can think of some things that might indicated that they knew, or should have known, that He could not have returned at any moment though. Those early church in their writings, wrote that they beleived the church would go through the tribulation, and Peter, since Jesus told him how he would die, knew he would not be alive for the rapture. Presumably, that also means the other apostles aslo knew that rapture would be after Peters' death, not an anymoment even, but perhaps in any generation it could happen. Peter did say though . . 2 Pet 3

8But do not let this one fact escape your notice, beloved, that with the Lord one day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years like one day. 9The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish but for all to come to repentance.

Reading just before that in the chapter, I get the impression that Peter thought those days to be aways off. Actually I think we oversell the idea of His imminent return, in fact I beleive it is an actual error. I don't find it in scripture, I see expectency, not not imminence, it fact, I see delay indicated, but that is just me.

I don't recall where in the Bible it is, but I know I read that if Jesus doesn't return when He does, there will be no flesh left alive.

You are probably thinking of Matt 24, where Jesus, speaking of the great tribulation said "if those days had not been cut short, no flesh would survive, but for the sake of the elect, they will be cut short" That is from memory, so it might not be exact, but should be a close paraphrase.