Jonah'sJourney

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  538
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  2

]3 And another sign appeared in heaven: behold, a great hred dragon, iwith seven heads and jten horns, and on his heads kseven diadems. 4 His tail swept down la third of the stars of heaven and mcast them to the earth. And the dragon stood before the woman who was about to give birth, so that when she bore her child nhe might devour it. 5 She gave birth to a male child, oone who is to rule all the nations with a rod of iron, but her child was pcaught up to God and to his throne, 6 and the woman fled into the wilderness, where she has a place prepared by God, in which she is to be nourished for q1,260 days.

Satan Thrown Down to Earth

7 Now war arose in heaven, rMichael and shis angels fighting against the dragon. And the dragon and his angels fought back, 8 but he was defeated, and there was no longer any place for them in heaven. 9 And tthe great dragon was thrown down, uthat ancient serpent, who is called the devil and Satan, vthe deceiver of the whole world—whe was thrown down to the earth, and his angels were thrown down with him.

So the great red dragon swept down a third of the stars in heaven and they were cast down to earth...... The great dragon was defined as Satan and it states that he and his angels were cast down to earth.

Context to me would refer to the stars as being the fallen angels who went along with Satan.

I agree with this opinion, It is hermeneutically correct

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  24
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

I'm curious ... why are they called "stars" in verse 3 but "angels" in verses 7 and 9? It seems to me that, hermeneutically (allowing the context itself to define the terms), it would indicate two different things.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  40,770
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

I'm curious ... why are they called "stars" in verse 3 but "angels" in verses 7 and 9? It seems to me that, hermeneutically (allowing the context itself to define the terms), it would indicate two different things.

You would be correct if God had not allowed in His Word for the sameness

Rev 1:20

20 The mystery of the seven stars which you saw in My right hand, and the seven golden lampstands:

The seven stars are the angels of the seven churches, and the seven lampstands which you saw are the seven churches.

NKJV

Love, Steven

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Days Won:  14

Montana - Lucifer was a cherub not an archangel.

Some of the angels that followed Lucifer are chained in the pit because when Jesus died He went to witness to them that Satan had not succeeded against them.

Then there are the rest of the angels who followed Satan referred to by Jesus as the powers and principalities of the air and these are the angels who will be swept by the Dragon/Satan's tail into war with Michael.

• 2 weeks later...

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  538
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  2

Montana - Lucifer was a cherub not an archangel.

Some of the angels that followed Lucifer are chained in the pit because when Jesus died He went to witness to them that Satan had not succeeded against them.

Then there are the rest of the angels who followed Satan referred to by Jesus as the powers and principalities of the air and these are the angels who will be swept by the Dragon/Satan's tail into war with Michael.

why were these angles chained in a pit?

.... why were these angles chained in a pit?

:thumbsup:

As I See It, They Turned

And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day. Jude 1:6

Again The LORD

And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.Revelation 12:9

So IMO It Is Possible The Chaining Is To Show Men

That Even Without Satan, Sinners Will Self-Deceive

And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand. And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years, And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season. Revelation 20:1-3

For Although "The Devil Made Me Do It" Is Still Claimed

Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man: But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed. Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death. James 1:13-15

It Is Utter Bunk

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16

You See

• 4 weeks later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

Since Satan is referred to as a star which fell or was cast down to earth, and

Revelation 12:4 says a third of the stars were cast out with him, then the conclusion is that the stars in Revelation 12 refer to fallen angels, fully one third of the heavenly host. If the one-third number is in fact accurate, what assurance that is! Two thirds of the angels are still on God's side, and for followers of Christ, they are on our side as well.

Read more: http://www.gotquestions.org/one-third-angels.html#ixzz2Tg6hiHSP

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  34
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

I have done an (identifying the enemy) study on Satan and the fallen angels and concluded that this passage is a description of Satan and his angel's fall.

In Yehoshua,

Guy Smith

Edited by guysmith

• Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  272
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

I am one who believes that stars can and do represent angels at times but not in this case. I believe that in this case it is a astrological sign in the heaven itself for us to see just as is the woman. The particular sign occurred last on October 16th, 2013.

Seems we are on the same page here as I see Revelation 12 with astronomical significance. Besides of the position of the sun and moon in the woman and under her feet, we have the Dragon which we know represents Satan, but in the Constellations one of them depicting the Dragon is Draco. As it now stands, Draco entails almost a third (about 7 hours) of right ascension. In John's day it was 9 hours. So, either way that's about 1/3 of the stars. Interesting "coincidence"? Or an allusion to that as well?

There is something ominous about that constellation because even the pyramid was aligned by it when Alpha Darconis was once the pole star in 2600BC time frame.