• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Hi all!

I'm doing some research on light and darkness. In particular, I'm looking at how as Christians we can enter the dark and not realise we are there until it's too late. The devil is sneaky and draws us in by attacking our strengths, or playing on our insecurities or help us to fill a godly desire in an ungodly way. I'm wondering if anyone had any thoughts on this or any experiences of being drawn into the dark and/or the struggle of coming out of the dark?

I'm really interested to hear all stories and happy to start a discussion:)

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts,

Peace & Blessings

Kags

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  406
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  5,248
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  67

Psalm 119:105 Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

There were times in my life when that light seemed or appeared to shine very dimly;

yet, it was always there for me!

Today, I bask in that light, it shines for me brightly.

I think it was Fez that quoted once,

"Hope is patience with the lamp lit". We wait, in hope, keeping the lamp lit with prayer."

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

Sounds like a very interesting topic for discussion...but I think I will wait and see how it develops

Unless you might want to provide a little framework for the discussion? Well, you don't have to...but I am just a little unsure how you want the

thread to proceed...

And welcome to Worthy Forums! :)

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

I believe knowledge is one of the things Satan uses to tempt us toward darkness. The pride of life, as we know knowledge puffs up, is an easy way to take an unsuspecting simple one down a path to destruction. The knowledge used isn't necessarily false knowledge as even a good bit of truth can work to destroy one through arrogance and pride. I personally believe that Satan used a one, two punch on me with knowledge. I was fed a lot of truth real quickly and as I became acquainted with accepting that which I was receiving as truth, he slipped in some lies into the mix and destroyed my confidence, leaving me shrouded in darkness.

I have had a hard time processing why God would allow such to happen, but trust in him that it is for a good reason that will have a good ending.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,064
  • Content Per Day:  7.97
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Hi all!

I'm doing some research on light and darkness. In particular, I'm looking at how as Christians we can enter the dark and not realise we are there until it's too late. The devil is sneaky and draws us in by attacking our strengths, or playing on our insecurities or help us to fill a godly desire in an ungodly way. I'm wondering if anyone had any thoughts on this or any experiences of being drawn into the dark and/or the struggle of coming out of the dark?

I'm really interested to hear all stories and happy to start a discussion:)

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts,

Peace & Blessings

Kags

It is true ...

Matt 6:22-24

22 "The lamp of the body is the eye. If therefore your eye is good, your whole body will be full of light.

23 But if your eye is bad, your whole body will be full of darkness. If therefore the light that is in you is

darkness, how great is that darkness!

24 "No one can serve two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other, or else he will be

loyal to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and mammon.

NKJV

The miracle is to embrace that which is formed out of God's Word more precious than all that we have began

in here....

John 3:19-21

19 And this is the condemnation, that the light has come into the world, and men loved darkness rather

than light, because their deeds were evil. 20 For everyone practicing evil hates the light and does not

come to the light, lest his deeds should be exposed. 21 But he who does the truth comes to the light,

that his deeds may be clearly seen, that they have been done in God."

NKJV

Notice all the hope of light bearing children is in God's evaluation in the end - in another place of His

determined time and place... Love, Steven

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  1,345
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/10/1961

Early in my walk and as christian and as a previously immoral man, i determined to live free of sexual temptation, but 6 mths into this a "christian" who i accepted a ride from felt he had been shown something by God that he was to tell me. At the time i did not know it, but it was a lie from Satan and a seed that once planted caused many problems to come.

In hindsight if i had checked with God, i would have heard His voice and been spared the darkness i endured before recieving light again.

what Adam and Eve failed to do, was to take Satans suggestions to God and "Hear Him", but they acted on their own understanding, and we also can be prone to this.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

It is indeed a strange thing to find yourself in the darkness. Consider someone who is really busy doing what they believe is right. They are working really hard until they take a break and look around only to find themselves in darkness. Sometimes we become too busy and forget to check in with the Boss. If we had a proper communication with Him, we would of been informed that how we are doing something or what we are doing is wrong.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/30/1980

I found the darkest place I experienced in my walk with the Lord was when I gave in to a religious form of Christianity instead of the Biblically correct relationship based Christianity. When I focused on the religious side I found myself so busy I didn't talk to the Lord or listen to Him. I found that I did what I thought was right according to my understanding. I didn't seek Him, I didn't listen. I just did the 'works'.

Then one day the Lord pulled me out of if and reintroduced Himself. I look back and see all that effort, all that work, as 'filthy rags'. It means nothing unless you are in step with Christ, and you can't be in step if you aren't maintaining a relationship with Him.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  506
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  1,922
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Days Won:  4

Early in my walk and as christian and as a previously immoral man, i determined to live free of sexual temptation, but 6 mths into this a "christian" who i accepted a ride from felt he had been shown something by God that he was to tell me. At the time i did not know it, but it was a lie from Satan and a seed that once planted caused many problems to come.

In hindsight if i had checked with God, i would have heard His voice and been spared the darkness i endured before recieving light again.

what Adam and Eve failed to do, was to take Satans suggestions to God and "Hear Him", but they acted on their own understanding, and we also can be prone to this.

Amen!

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.81
  • Days Won:  44

I was reminded today of the following...

When the Devil reminds you of your past... You remind him of his future!