Sign in to follow this  
missmuffet

Want to get rid of those pesky little sugar ants?

Let me know if you are interested.I have a recipe that includes Borax.I am using it now and it is doing a really nice job. :mgcheerful:

I've heard borax is the best remedy for ants, but never found a recipe for it, i would be interested in having it

Yes,you are right.Borax or Boric acid is the most affective.Here is the recipe.

Ant Repellant

1/4 cup sugar

3/4 tablespoons Borax or Boric Acid

3/4 Cup warm water

Cotton balls

A plastic lid from a container such as a tub of margarine at least 3 inches in diameter

1.Mix borax and sugar togeather until well blended.

2.Add warm water to borax and sugar until well dissolved.

3.Put 3 cotton balls in the center of the plastic container.

4.Pour the borax and sugar solution over the cotton balls until well saturated. Put the lid in the area where the ants have been sited.

5.Put the extra borax solution in a jar well labeled.

It might take a while for the ants to discover the solution but once they do their will be tons of them.The idea is for them to take this solution to their nests.The activity might die down after about two days.I put a new lid with the solution down about once a week until their is no activity at all.Sometimes I will add a drizzle of honey to the borax solution on the cotton balls.

Also if ants are getting into your dog food should it be outside, but a chalk circle around the bowl.  Ants do not want to cross a chalk line.

Use a big insecticide spray you can buy from anywhere. Nuke them, and your surrounds.

Wear a gas mask and put one on your dog and cat (they don't fit on goldfish unfortunately, just flush them when they go belly up)

Use a big insecticide spray you can buy from anywhere. Nuke them, and your surrounds.

Wear a gas mask and put one on your dog and cat (they don't fit on goldfish unfortunately, just flush them when they go belly up)

Save the goldfish  :cry_smile:  You can do it!

goldfish_bowl.jpg

I stay miles away from insecticides.Too many people have gotten leukemia and lymphoma from the nasty stuff.

Sign in to follow this