IGNORED

Do you believe miracles still happen today?

Carlasangels

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  21
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  1

Does it matter what we believe? Gods word says mracles will follow those who believe Mk 16:15-17. Among other miracles, I saw several people walk from wheel chairs at a T B Joshua crusade in Singapore, but Jesus also said mracles are not proof of salvation of the recipient or the miracle worker. Matt 7:21-23

JCISGD - of course it matters what we believe. Tell me more aobut the crusade in Singapore. I'm not looking for proof of salvation, I just want to hear some stories about miracles... <3

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  26
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/19/1973

The last Miracle in my eyes was the passing of my dad. He lived with me the last 10 yrs,8 of them he had a stroke and his right arm, & hand never came back,couldnt use it. Last yr he had a massive stroke & was put on life support at the age of 65.Now it was the left side of his body and another stroke on the right. He had a living will and I singed off to remove the life support after bringing him out of sedation with no responces/movements at all the day before. On life support he would cough up stuff every 15 min which they would clear with the tube inside the ventilator tube. After life support was taken off,3 hours went by and still nothing,no responces at all and he didn't pass either. I left the hospital and left 2 family members to be there with him especially for if he would cough,DID not want him choking.Came home and did 1 of my Bible studies then prayed for God not to allow him to suffer,let him go peaceful if its Your will. I kind of kept repeating this at least 20 times in my head even though I am a very layed back person and really don't panic when things arise,but I guess I was at that point, i just didn't want him to suffer. The ride back to the hospital I kept repeating this. As SOON as I pulled into the parking garage ( I ALWAYS park on the very top next to the elevator 5 storys up) this song came on the radio called "Patence" by Guns & Roses and it felt like the 1 min ride through the garage took 10 min,everything slowed down every turn I made to get to the top. Its not about the lyrics with this song,its about the word patence,every time I need patence in a bad way,it has come on,but it has never slowed things down like this time. I had a certain feeling while this happened,can't describe it,but I know what it was. Got to the room and things was the same for the next 5 hrs (had maybe 4 hrs of sleep in 2 days) so the 2 family members said "why don't you go home to sleep 2 hrs and we will stay here with him till you get back to the hospital (would have put me coming back up around 2 am),then we will go home. They had to really convince me for 30 min to do this,I didn't want to leave. I stood up,went over to his right side which is the original stroke side that his arm hasent worked,because his head was facing that way. Bent over and grabbed his hand and said "dad I love you,I don't want you to move our try to talk if you can hear me,I want you to rest,I am going home for a hr or 2 and will be back up here to be with you" As SOON as I said this his hand squeezed mine,only his right eye opened up to look at me,his lips moved which appeared to say I love you. I kind of was shocked and immediately stepped back 1 step still looking at him and he took his last breath. He never coughed,didn't suffer,was VERY peacefull. Within 1 min I looked at the other 2 family members who saw this unfold and said "do YOU realize what Miracle we have just received ? they was lost for words,you could not write a script to a story and have it end this way in my opinion. The feeling that overcame me at that moment was UNDESCRIBEABLE. SO peacefull. I had a small grin on my face I could NOT control. I felt guilty I had this grin, but it came from the feeling inside me.I cared for him,loved him with all my heart,we had a very good relationship,cooked dinner,his meds,shots,etc..The outside of me has a grin right after he passes ??? How is this normal to have a grin right now ? This was not normal,what God did for me I still thank him for. The feeling that was given to me I guess was actually able to be seen and felt through me even through the calling hours. Found out later Some was saying they were so close, we need to watch him,hes going to fall apart (this is going to hit him soon) But that "soon" never happened. They also knew what I have went through in the past. I am almost 40 yrs old,In the last 10 yrs I lost my grandfather, brother, my dad having a stroke, grandmother, best friend of 34 yrs (never went more than 3 days without seeing each other/hanging out in 34 yrs,just like another brother), my uncle,and now my dad. I was VERY angry when it got to my best friend,I had enough of death. I was looking for ANYTHING to unleash my anger,and even said something I should not have said about God. 2 yrs ago I started reading the Bible,taking a "180" if you will. And from doing this I got the biggest Miracle with my dad,a TOTALY different way to go through a death of a loved 1. I know I will see them all again,its not like I will never talk/see them again.I have believed this since day 1,but never read the Bible like I do now,or have the relationship I do with God today. Or here is another 1. How about the 2 car garage me/dad have stuff (alot of stuff) in on a 2 acre pc of land. after the funeral I had to grab something from it,went in and as I was walking out,put my key in the door to shut & lock it and said outloud " I think its time to get rid of some things" to help me with the funeral,12 diff dr bills,etc..Locked the door,walked around the front of the garage (no house on property,just garage) and a car pulled into the drive. "Hey I see this truck that sits here,would you like to sell it ? we are actually a auctioneer and buy tools,welding equp,etc.." the garage is full of tools,welding equpiment,etc from my dads welding buisness..and bought everything I needed to sell. Nobody has ever stopped at this property the last 10 yrs. Then for this guy to just drive by the exact time I happened to stop for 5 min to grab something ? and auctions the tools/equipment I have for his living (the way he makes $) Do miracles happen today ? I can guarantee they do,these are the last 2 that happened for me,there are others for me as well. Its all on how you perceive miracles. To me its something that would not happen unless God has his hand on it. Miracles are blessings,in my opinion they work together as 1. It is a blessing to receive them,and I was in a very bad way emotionaly over not wanting him to suffer and financialy with all the bills when I received these 2. God Bless

Do miracles happen today ? I can guarantee they do,these are the last 2 that happened for me,there are others for me as well. Its all on how you perceive miracles. To me its something that would not happen unless God has his hand on it. Miracles are blessings,in my opinion they work together as 1. It is a blessing to receive them,and I was in a very bad way emotionaly over not wanting him to suffer and financialy with all the bills when I received these 2. God Bless

ibldcars4u, I am very touched by your story. Thanks so much for sharing it. I believe those were absolute miracles. I'm sorry for the troubles your Dad had to endure and all of the deaths you had to deal with in a fairly short period of time. I'm so glad you can see God's grace in your story.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  31
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  213
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  11/06/1949

i do believe in miracles,i do have seen someone who has got out off a wheelchair and start danceing,,it was a member of my church who had broke his back in a car accident yrs before, i too was healed of cancer just over 2 yrs ago,,though my walk with the Lord iv seen many miracles,.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  26
  • Birthday:  08/19/1973

Do miracles happen today ? I can guarantee they do,these are the last 2 that happened for me,there are others for me as well. Its all on how you perceive miracles. To me its something that would not happen unless God has his hand on it. Miracles are blessings,in my opinion they work together as 1. It is a blessing to receive them,and I was in a very bad way emotionaly over not wanting him to suffer and financialy with all the bills when I received these 2. God Bless

ibldcars4u, I am very touched by your story. Thanks so much for sharing it. I believe those were absolute miracles. I'm sorry for the troubles your Dad had to endure and all of the deaths you had to deal with in a fairly short period of time. I'm so glad you can see God's grace in your story.

You're welcome,and thank you for your kind words. I think back and find sometimes there is more than 1 reason miracles happen. God knows my heart,He also knows how I would have felt,or dealt with the fact that if I would have left,got in the elevator and then he would have passed. I would have said to myself you couldn't have waited a few more mins ? I am glad you started this,Thank you. Everyone might not have the same outlook on what is or is not a miracle,but with this post we are sharing personal experiances that show how God works today,now. No matter what the story,how big or how small, in my opinion it is big for everyones own personal experiance (miracle) they received . And shows how God gives us more than we can ever think to ask for at times. I was concerned with him going peacefully,not with what I would feel/think of if I would have got to the elevator. It reminds me of Romans 8:26 Likewise the Spirit also helps in our weakness. For we do not know what we should pray for as we ought,but the Spirit Himself makes intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. Romans 8:27 Now He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the Spirit is,because He makes intercession for the saints according to the will of God.

Yes miracles still happen today. (I know you probably expect healing testimonies :king: )

The biggest miracle to happen in the last 65 years has been the re-emergence of Israel.

We often talk about the miraculous exodus of the children of Israel under the leadership of Moses

but the Bible expressly talks about this being overshadowed in the last days by an even greater

exodus from the four corners of the earth.

Verse provided if needed.

Thank you Botz, No, I wasn't looking for healing miracles, although those are great too. Just wanted to get a feel for the community and what variables may come into a conversation about miracles. This one is a great one. Please provide the scripture....

Run

Behold, I will send for many fishers, saith the LORD, and they shall fish them; and after will I send for many hunters, and they shall hunt them from every mountain, and from every hill, and out of the holes of the rocks. Jeremiah 16:16

Home

Who hath heard such a thing? who hath seen such things? Shall the earth be made to bring forth in one day? or shall a nation be born at once? for as soon as Zion travailed, she brought forth her children. Isaiah 66:8

God Bless Israel

And God Bless Her Children, The IDF

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  903
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  05/03/1952

I've absolutely seen miracles many times, but for the sake of not offending my cessationist brothers and sisters here, I'll not relate them. Let's just put it this way: God is good! :biggrin2:

I've absolutely seen miracles many times, but for the sake of not offending my cessationist brothers and sisters here, I'll not relate them. Let's just put it this way: God is good! :biggrin2:

So you are saying that there are people in this forum that believe that God does not still perform miracles today? Are you talking about specifically "laying hands", "speaking in tongues" or other types of "gifts" of people performing miracles, or are you saying some believe that God does not perform miracles?

I guess it depends on what you consider a miracle. To me, the definition of a miracle is something that happens that shouldn't have been able to happen, and only by the grace of God did it happen.

Like a family who's home was foreclosed on and they are able to purchase another home

or

You are totally broke and don't know what you are going to do and unexpectedly, some money arrives.

I'm talking about God Things... Things that would never have happened without God.

That's the kind of miracles I'm looking for.

The two mentioned here, are 2 of my personal miracles. God is Good, all the time. He makes sure I always have "enough".

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  903
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  05/03/1952

So you are saying that there are people in this forum that believe that God does not still perform miracles today? Are you talking about specifically "laying hands", "speaking in tongues" or other types of "gifts" of people performing miracles, or are you saying some believe that God does not perform miracles?

I have no idea what people on this forum believe, unless they say it plainly. Let me just say this, and then 'll leave it alone.

When my wife and first got saved, years ago, we had some very good friends who'd been praying daily for our salvation. Over the next few months we had some great fellowship, they at our house and we in theirs, dinners at restaurants, gospel concerts, you name it.

Then one night they asked us where we were attending church. We innocently told them the name of the one we were attending. It was like we'd shot them. They told us in no uncertain terms they'd heard of our church, and told us to have nothing to do with it. They went on say that their church taught miracles had ceased, and the gifts of the Spirit were no longer available.

We vainly tried to move the conversation in another direction. It didn't work. They told us if we believed God still does those miracles and bestows gifts, we were listenning to devils, and they doubted we were saved at all. They told us to leave, but said we'd be welcome if we'd leave our church, and attend on of their denomination

Sadly, we left, but we still pray for them. They are mighty warriors for God, and He's blessing their church--and ours--with many salvations.

God is so good!