Carlasangels

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  21
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  1

I think a lot of people do not even realize a blessing when they see it. Who has a story about something that didn't seem to be a blessing at the time, but as they look back realize it for the blessing that it was.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,384
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Birthday:  02/22/1996

I think food is a big one. I know for me it is. You say grace, but how often do you really thank God for it? I have been trying to make sure to count my blessings each and everyday, of course I fail miserably at doing so on a day to day basis, but I have been making a conscious effort to do so.

Last Wednesday I was at bible study. People bring food, lots of snacks, goodies etc. People just waiting to dig in! We said grace, thanked God for the food etc. Everyone went up grabbed some food, some treats etc, sat back in their seat, and we continued with the bible study. We have been following "The Bible" we watch it, comment about it, and read the given scriptures. Half way through that process a couple walks in. You can tell by their eyes and their appearance that they have not eaten in a while and came off the streets. They asked if they could join, of course everyone welcomed them and told them to grab some food. Their first words were thanking God because they were so hungry, they had been on the streets for some time pleading and begging God to feed them. They said it was a miracle, a blessing and the power of prayer and God that brought them through and got them the food they needed for that day. So many people are out there like that living literally on a day to day basis not knowing where their next meal will come from. The couple trusted in God and their needs were met and also sufficient. They were given food to take with them, and we also prayed over them.

In conclusion I believe that this is a very big one. Food is something we constantly consume, something that is alot of the times on our minds, but how often do we stop to feed those who go without.

If you are reading this, with this I also ask that you pray for Marcus and his wife, that God continues to take care of them.

Thank you and God bless!

Last Wednesday I was at bible study. People bring food, lots of snacks, goodies etc. People just waiting to dig in! We said grace, thanked God for the food etc. Everyone went up grabbed some food, some treats etc, sat back in their seat, and we continued with the bible study. We have been following "The Bible" we watch it, comment about it, and read the given scriptures. Half way through that process a couple walks in. You can tell by their eyes and their appearance that they have not eaten in a while and came off the streets.

Thanks Jacob, what a moment that really makes you stop and say "Whoa, we take so much for granted." I will keep Marcus and his wife in my prayers. It's a difficult time all over the US and probably the world, economically. I used to carry "Blessing Bags" in my car because there are many homeless in the Houston area. It's a gallon sized ziploc with consumable items such as a bottle of water, some peanut butter crackers, a comb, toothbrush, gum, etc. I don't generally pass out money (because I don't have a lot of money) but you can buy a case of water for $2.50, where if someone on the streets had to buy one bottle of water, it would cost about $1.89.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

There are only two things in this world. Curses. Blessings. And sometimes a curse is a blessing. God cursed the ground for our sake. God is good. I have been learning how wonderful it is that our world is the way that it is today. I find it truly a blessing. A world that has become so wicked and terrible that God is going to send Satan permanently out of heaven and trample him under our feet shortly.

It truly is a blessing that following the wrong train of thought leads one into a painful situation. No chastening of the Lord seems pleasant at the time but it does bring forth the peaceable fruit of righteousness. I speak from experience. I have had my wife and children removed from me because I gave into fear when I understood that the path my wife was on was going to lead to her destruction and I stopped being a leader and began to be her watchman shouting down from the wall. In hindsight, I understand that there is a much better way to handle these things but I also see that God wanted to take her out and work with her on some things that she has that are wrong with her. It also opened up my eyes to how little I was praying for my wife while she was still here. I pray more for her now than I have ever in the past. Regardless of the outcome, whether she return or not, the major blessing is the amount of maturity that I have been gaining in her absence. My hope is that she is being equally blessed.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow gdemoss, awesome insight...

I'll pray for you and your wife, and don't forget your children, I think the children suffer the most. I'll hold them up as well.

Thanks for sharing.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

Wow gdemoss, awesome insight...

I'll pray for you and your wife, and don't forget your children, I think the children suffer the most. I'll hold them up as well.

Thanks for sharing.

Thank you Carla. Children do suffer tremendously for their parents errors. I suffered greatly as a child. God has shown me how he used that suffering to save me and open the door to very creative ways of delivering me and treating me 'special'. I have every confidence in God to work this together for their good. I am personally growing in leaps and bounds through it all. God has put a man in my life who doesn't care if I 'like' him or not and for this cause he is able to 'love' me above and beyond that which someone is capable of doing when they are worried about what you think of them. I appreciate him. He has helped me to see where I have been being servile and scraping instead of standing on my own two feet as a man of God.

Trust. It is all about trust.

:)

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  40
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/03/1980

Like this:

1, 2, 3, 4...

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

How do I count my blessings? I can't really. There are too many of them.

Every breath, every view, every thing I am and I have is a blessing from God. Every breath I take is a prayer. I was praying with the wife as we do every morning and every evening just the other day, and all I could say over and over was, thank You, thank You.

I am nothing without Him. What I have means nothing without him.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  64
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

I think a lot of people do not even realize a blessing when they see it. Who has a story about something that didn't seem to be a blessing at the time, but as they look back realize it for the blessing that it was.

Living one now...falling into depression has been a blessing as it has given me an opportunity to turn my life around and focus on where it should be, on God.