• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  540
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  05/29/1960

not that we know of, Tinky. :biggrin2: who knows what types of answers he gave those who must have bewilderingly questioned him..?

i don't think we can justify NDE's with scripture, but we sure cannot condemn them unless they contradict it.

i am of the opinion and experience that the Creator of the heavens and earth can rearrange reality itself in order to draw me nearer to Him.

just my 2 cents.

:thumbsup: I agree, If people are coming to the Lord because of their NDE, what's wrong with that?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

May I ask why, those who said they didn't believe?

Easy. The Bible says, "It is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment." (Hebrews 9:27)

Notice it doesn't say, "It is appointed unto men once to die, or maybe twice, or a few times, and after this come back and share your experiences."

Also, a lot of these "went to hell" stories have demons or the Devil himself tormenting people. That is not biblical. Hell was originally created for the Devil and his angels, as a place of punishment. There are no demons or Satan in hell right now. It's the very last place they want to be. They know one day they will indeed be there, for their everlasting punishment. They are not now, nor ever will be, in charge of hell, in any way.

Yes,it is not like the "Far Side Cartoons". They almost make it look comical.A man coming up to a podium, Satan:

"Would you like smoking or non smoking?Only kidding it is all smoking".

not that we know of, Tinky. :biggrin2: who knows what types of answers he gave those who must have bewilderingly questioned him..?

i don't think we can justify NDE's with scripture, but we sure cannot condemn them unless they contradict it.

i am of the opinion and experience that the Creator of the heavens and earth can rearrange reality itself in order to draw me nearer to Him.

just my 2 cents.

One point I'd like to make, is we don't need NDE's. We have the Bible. We don't need tours of heaven or hell to validate anything. Especially when most people who supposedly went to heaven come back with a message of universalism. And again, those who come back from "hell" with stories of demons tormenting them, or other people, are deceived. Hell is a place of punishment for Satan and his demons too.

We have blind faith.Isn't that what believing in Jesus is all about?

no!

Are you being sarcastic (sorry, I can't tell online)

We have a lot of reasons to have strong faith. Not blind at all! We see the resurrection, fulfilled prophecy, the bible in general, the witness of creation.The bible teaches us about heaven and hell. We lived indwellled by the Holy Spirit.

This is not a blind faith.

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  631
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  2

just my 2 cents.

One point I'd like to make, is we don't need NDE's. We have the Bible. We don't need tours of heaven or hell to validate anything. Especially when most people who supposedly went to heaven come back with a message of universalism. And again, those who come back from "hell" with stories of demons tormenting them, or other people, are deceived. Hell is a place of punishment for Satan and his demons too.

like i said..if their testimony contradicts scripture it can be rejected.

but we must remember that we are not perfect, and so someone's interpretation of what was revealed to them may not line up with scripture..this can be because their knowledge of scripture is lacking or because their interpretation of scripture is in error.

this does not necessarily mean that their vision or testimony is satanic in origin, or they are deceived.

personally, i didn't have the Bible before i was redeemed, because i didn't want the Bible. i didn't believe it, so God had other plans.

i was made to experience demonic manifestation in order to instill the true fear of God's wrath upon my soul.

apparently i needed that, and not the Bible to come to the foot of the cross.

and this woman, was made to receive a vision after attempted suicide for the same effect.

God is sovereign.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

May I ask why, those who said they didn't believe?

Easy. The Bible says, "It is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment." (Hebrews 9:27)

Notice it doesn't say, "It is appointed unto men once to die, or maybe twice, or a few times, and after this come back and share your experiences."

Also, a lot of these "went to hell" stories have demons or the Devil himself tormenting people. That is not biblical. Hell was originally created for the Devil and his angels, as a place of punishment. There are no demons or Satan in hell right now. It's the very last place they want to be. They know one day they will indeed be there, for their everlasting punishment. They are not now, nor ever will be, in charge of hell, in any way.

Yes,it is not like the "Far Side Cartoons". They almost make it look comical.A man coming up to a podium, Satan:

"Would you like smoking or non smoking?Only kidding it is all smoking".

just my 2 cents.

We have blind faith.Isn't that what believing in Jesus is all about?

no!

Are you being sarcastic (sorry, I can't tell online)

We have a lot of reasons to have strong faith. Not blind at all! We see the resurrection, fulfilled prophecy, the bible in general, the witness of creation.The bible teaches us about heaven and hell. We lived indwellled by the Holy Spirit.

This is not a blind faith.

You have taken offense to my post but please read this:

http://www.gotquesti...lind-faith.html

You have taken offense to my post..........

I don't believe she was offended, but she is right. Our faith shouldn't be a blind faith. Mines not. I know exactly why I believe.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

Nope, not offended, I just disagree :).

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

Did you read the Got Questions article?You are taking it all wrong.Blind Faith means that we still have Faith in Jesus Christ even though we have never seen him and we do not need any evidence to support our faith.

• 4 months later...
Unfortunately Tamara Laroux and her claims have already been widely discredited as a farce. Usually I wouldn't bother posting on anything with the words '700 club' in the hilt, but i just thought there might be some people interested in knowing this woman is only interested in a little TV facetime and if you do a little research you will find she never shot herself. I feel a great deal of sadness for this woman, who feels she needs to lie under the guise of spiritual ascension to feel whole.
 Perhaps one day when she realizes all her worldly things will fall away and she too will return full circle, not to a glorious gate of reward that lies in wait for her, or a burning pit of pennance, she will have no need for the stories of old that she today blankets her false claims in. Miss Laroux, unlikely though it is you will ever see these words for you, I will pray one day you see that god... is you :]

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  631
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  2

Unfortunately Tamara Laroux and her claims have already been widely discredited as a farce. Usually I wouldn't bother posting on anything with the words '700 club' in the hilt, but i just thought there might be some people interested in knowing this woman is only interested in a little TV facetime and if you do a little research you will find she never shot herself. I feel a great deal of sadness for this woman, who feels she needs to lie under the guise of spiritual ascension to feel whole.
 Perhaps one day when she realizes all her worldly things will fall away and she too will return full circle, not to a glorious gate of reward that lies in wait for her, or a burning pit of pennance, she will have no need for the stories of old that she today blankets her false claims in. Miss Laroux, unlikely though it is you will ever see these words for you, I will pray one day you see that god... is you :]

this was looking good until the bolded.

am i reading this right?  so you believe Tamara Laroux needs to realize that she herself is god?