• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  559
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/01/1962

On 4/27/2013 at 0:58 AM, missmuffet said:

Revelation 4:6 Also in front of the throne there was what looked like a sea of glass, clear as crystal.

Revelation 15:2 And I saw what appeared to be a sea of glass mingled with fire—and also those who had conquered the beast and its image and the number of its name, standing beside the sea of glass with harps of God in their hands.

I believe it's better translated "glassy sea" The Greek word that is translated "glassy" is an adjective not a noun. Glassy it describing the sea. If you think about a sea that looks like glass it is perfectly still, no waves or ripples. It's complete smooth. A glassy sea mixed with fire is a figure of speech. What the it means must be determined from the context. In this context those who get victory over the beast are standing on this glassy sea.

2 And I saw as it were a sea of glass mingled with fire: and them that had gotten the victory over the beast, and over his image, and over his mark, and over the number of his name, stand on the sea of glass, having the harps of God. (Rev. 15:2 KJV)

Fire usually represents judgment or purifying. In this context of the wrath of God being poured out and it seems that the metaphor would be that these who have gotten the victory are experiencing clam in the midst of the God's judgement being poured out around them.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

On 4/27/2013 at 7:12 AM, nebula said:

I guess no one else has a clue about it, either!

Since it has "the appearance" of a sea of glass, it is made of some heavenly substance which is transparent -- possibly like a sheet of ice, because it is "clear as crystal".  That is about all that one could say without wild speculation.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

On 1/1/2017 at 6:33 AM, Leonardo Von said:

Come the question: why is it used the expression “sea of glass like unto crystal”?

Though what John saw is like a pool of water before the throne on all sides, the mind of the Spirit of the Eternal (Rom 11: 33-34; 1 Cor. 2.10,11,14.16), His Word (love - 1 John 5.3, Eph. 3:19) and His Church (1 Cor. 2:15) are unfathomable so that they are so much deep. Hence the word "sea".

Glass is characterized by its transparency (see Rev. 21:22) and crystal, by its ability to shine (glitter brightly, reflecting light). That is, the sea of glass, while perfectly reflecting the Light of Truth, was also perfectly transparent, being possible to see all its interior.

This is exactly how the Spirit of Jesus, His Word (love) and His Church are: while they reflect all the glory of the Eternal externally (without retaining anything), they are totally transparent to the point of who wishing can see all that the glory of the Eternal operates within them (namely, the testimony of Christ - 1 John 5:7-12).

Finally, "sea of glass like unto crystal" shows how the Spirit of Jesus, His Word (love) and Church are open for all who desire to see the truth operating externally and internally, as well as to experience it inwardly cleansing and delivering (John 8:32).

In this "sea of glass" are purified Jews (Rev 15:2) and Gentiles (Rev. 7:9) that naturally died in the Great Tribulation.

Shalom, Leonardo Von and all.

Has no one thought about the fact that it was a "sea" (a "laver") MADE "of glass like unto crystal?" It's not what it CONTAINS! And, as a "laver," it contains WATER, specifically, the "water of life?" And, I believe that "mingled with fire" is a phrase that suggested that it will be faceted, like a diamond is said to have "fire!"

Just some thoughts.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  647
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  1

Revelation 22:1 Then the angel showed me the river of the water of life, as clear as crystal, flowing from the throne of God and of the Lamb

What would glass have looked like to John the revelator? I think this verse nails it. The sea of glass being the water of life from whence all things flow.

It wouldn't have  ripples or a current.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,063
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

I think that it is most likely not in the dimension we live in and the physics in the upper dimensions are not really something we would be able to understand what we were seeing.

Just my thoughts about it.

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,194
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

On ‎27‎/‎04‎/‎2013 at 2:58 PM, missmuffet said:

Revelation 4:6 Also in front of the throne there was what looked like a sea of glass, clear as crystal.

Revelation 15:2 And I saw what appeared to be a sea of glass mingled with fire—and also those who had conquered the beast and its image and the number of its name, standing beside the sea of glass with harps of God in their hands.

Hi missmuffet,

Lots of interesting answers & to think that one day we really shall see it. Now my thought is -

- It`s symbolic, I believe of the vast distance between us & God. There is an aspect of the Godhead that is beyond us. However we know that through Christ, we are His Body, then we do have access to the Father. yet there will always be a `sea,` a great expanse of holiness, authority & power that is beyond us. We are in the created realm, even in the third heaven, but the Godhead is beyond all of their created order.

The `like a crystal,` I also believe reveals the wonderful reflection of `colours,` of the character of the Godhead - faithfulness, loving kindness, truth, power, authority, just, goodness, righteousness, graciousness, perfectness, etc etc.

Marilyn.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  21
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

I sometimes try to imagine how I would describe something I have never seen before. This is the situation John was in. I like to think that this sea is an actual body of water that has crystals for a seabed instead of sand. I hope they are smooth because I plan like to walk on them.

• 4 weeks later...

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

On 4/26/2013 at 11:58 PM, missmuffet said:

Also the streets of gold, gold so pure you can see through it.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,063
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

I think it is a look into a different dimension. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.82
  • Days Won:  226

2 hours ago, other one said:

I think it is a look into a different dimension. 

Heaven. We do not know where it is.