• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

17 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

Soul sleep is not Biblical. The soul immediately goes to heaven or Hades.

Adam and Havah died as soon as they sinned.  Yet they continued on earth "alive" and having babies and so on for what?  about 900 more years , right ?

When someone dies,  they may go directly to heaven or hades......   in less time than a heart beat maybe.   

Yet by the time they are resurrected as written,   hundreds or thousands of years (men's years) may have passed.

Not one part, not one little vowel or punctuation of YHWH'S WORD is imperfect, not one letter or word of HIS is untrue. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,570
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

7 minutes ago, Redemption79 said:

sea of glass?

mmmmmmm?

Shalom, Redemption79.

Sure, but a "sea of glass" WHERE? In some ethereal, non-existent place called "Heaven?" or in the NEW JERUSALEM where God's throne is located?

20 hours ago, missmuffet said:

Do you not believe in heaven?

Shalom, missmuffet.

No, not in the way others do. I believe in the New Jerusalem that will descend THROUGH the New "Heavens" (the New Skies) and LAND upon the New Earth. However, that doesn't happen until AFTER the Millennium and AFTER the Great White Throne Judgment.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

34 minutes ago, Redemption79 said:

sea of glass?

mmmmmmm?

What is your point?

Just now, Redemption79 said:

no point?

was just pondering?

scratch.gif

1 hour ago, missmuffet said:

Soul sleep is not Biblical. The soul immediately goes to heaven or Hades.

Shalom, missmuffet.

Says who? You? Where do you see that position ANYWHERE in the Bible? I gave you some carefully thought out Scripture verses that indeed state that "soul sleep" IS biblical! And you just bluntly and curtly state, "It's not biblical. The soul immediately goes to heaven or Hades." Excuse me?! I put in all that effort and you don't even read it and just regurgitate the theology you've been taught without giving it any serious thought?!

Did you ever watch "Happy Days" with the Fonz? Do you remember how the Fonz said, "I hate it when someone says, 'So?'!" That's how I feel when one doesn't even take the time to read what I wrote, and says, "Whatever. (Blank) is not biblical." I hear, "Don't confuse me with the facts; just let me believe what I want to believe and leave me alone."

14 minutes ago, Retrobyter said:

Shalom, missmuffet.

Says who? You? Where do you see that position ANYWHERE in the Bible? I gave you some carefully thought out Scripture verses that indeed state that "soul sleep" IS biblical! And you just bluntly and curtly state, "It's not biblical. The soul immediately goes to heaven or Hades." Excuse me?! I put in all that effort and you don't even read it and just regurgitate the theology you've been taught without giving it any serious thought?!

Did you ever watch "Happy Days" with the Fonz? Do you remember how the Fonz said, "I hate it when someone says, 'So?'!" That's how I feel when one doesn't even take the time to read what I wrote, and says, "Whatever. (Blank) is not biblical." I hear, "Don't confuse me with the facts; just let me believe what I want to believe and leave me alone."

Question: "What does the Bible say about soul sleep?"

Answer:
“Soul sleep” is a belief that after a person dies, his/her soul “sleeps” until the resurrection and final judgment. The concept of “soul sleep” is not biblical. When the Bible describes a person “sleeping” in relation to death (Luke 8:52; 1 Corinthians 15:6), it does not mean literal sleep. Sleeping is just a way to describe death because a dead body appears to be asleep. The moment we die, we face the judgment of God (Hebrews 9:27). For believers, to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord (2 Corinthians 5:6-8; Philippians 1:23). For unbelievers, death means everlasting punishment in hell (Luke 16:22-23).

Until the final resurrection, though, there is a temporary heaven—paradise (Luke 23:43; 2 Corinthians 12:4) and a temporary hell—Hades (Revelation 1:18; 20:13-14). As can be clearly seen in Luke 16:19-31, neither in paradise nor in Hades are people sleeping. It could be said, though, that a person’s body is “sleeping” while his soul is in paradise or Hades. At the resurrection, this body is “awakened” and transformed into the everlasting body a person will possess for eternity, whether in heaven or hell. Those who were in paradise will be sent to the new heavens and new earth (Revelation 21:1). Those who were in Hades will be thrown into the lake of fire (Revelation 20:11-15). These are the final, eternal destinations of all people—based entirely on whether or not a person trusted in Jesus Christ for salvation.

Present-day defenders of soul sleep include the Seventh Day Adventist church, Jehovah’s Witnesses, Christadelphians, and others

32 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

Question: "What does the Bible say about soul sleep?"

Answer:
“Soul sleep” is a belief that after a person dies, his/her soul “sleeps” until the resurrection and final judgment. The concept of “soul sleep” is not biblical. When the Bible describes a person “sleeping” in relation to death (Luke 8:52; 1 Corinthians 15:6), it does not mean literal sleep. Sleeping is just a way to describe death because a dead body appears to be asleep. The moment we die, we face the judgment of God (Hebrews 9:27). For believers, to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord (2 Corinthians 5:6-8; Philippians 1:23). For unbelievers, death means everlasting punishment in hell (Luke 16:22-23).

Until the final resurrection, though, there is a temporary heaven—paradise (Luke 23:43; 2 Corinthians 12:4) and a temporary hell—Hades (Revelation 1:18; 20:13-14). As can be clearly seen in Luke 16:19-31, neither in paradise nor in Hades are people sleeping. It could be said, though, that a person’s body is “sleeping” while his soul is in paradise or Hades. At the resurrection, this body is “awakened” and transformed into the everlasting body a person will possess for eternity, whether in heaven or hell. Those who were in paradise will be sent to the new heavens and new earth (Revelation 21:1). Those who were in Hades will be thrown into the lake of fire (Revelation 20:11-15). These are the final, eternal destinations of all people—based entirely on whether or not a person trusted in Jesus Christ for salvation.

Present-day defenders of soul sleep include the Seventh Day Adventist church, Jehovah’s Witnesses, Christadelphians, and others

Shalom, missmuffet.

Where are you getting this "canned" answer? Again, when one believes that the soul does not even EXIST after death, "facing the judgment," "being present with the Lord," and "being in paradise" are all IN THE FUTURE WHEN ONE AWAKES! It's "immediate" to the sleeper, even if it's not for those who remain!

It's hard to have an "air breather" without a body!

44 minutes ago, Retrobyter said:

Shalom, missmuffet.

Where are you getting this "canned" answer? Again, when one believes that the soul does not even EXIST after death, "facing the judgment," "being present with the Lord," and "being in paradise" are all IN THE FUTURE WHEN ONE AWAKES! It's "immediate" to the sleeper, even if it's not for those who remain!

It's hard to have an "air breather" without a body!

Suit yourself. Your eyes and mind have digested Biblical truth.

18 hours ago, missmuffet said:

Suit yourself. Your eyes and mind have digested Biblical truth.

Shabbat shalom, missmuffet.

What does that even mean?! "Digested?" Would you care to elaborate?

Oh, and by the way, you never did answer my question. Would you please tell me where you got that "question and answer" rhetoric?

Edited by Retrobyter