• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  10
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/10/1968

I know the law is good if it is used lawfully, and much of the issues of the world and the world system are rightly judged according to the knowledge of sin. But in the Church, should we not move to the higher standard given to us? I think maybe some see "love" as some unsure rule that cannot be defined in clear terms? But I would say that if we lifted the true moral standard and taught that we have passed from the written code into the higher laws of love, we would much more into body of Christ. :brightidea:

Ro 13:8 Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.

9 For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

10 Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law

I know in the beginning of my Christian walk, I was really confused about the issue of the law and its place in my relationship with God. I knew Gods love and that Gods love had been poured out in my heart. I knew I had a love for others that was beyond my own natural ability to love. When I seen these scriptures, and some others, it came together for me? I was to take the love that God had given to me, and love others with His Love. I then understood the simplicty of Christ.

1Jo 2:7 ¶ Brethren, I write no new commandment unto you, but an old commandment which ye had from the beginning. The old commandment is the word which ye have heard from the beginning.

8 Again, a new commandment I write unto you, which thing is true in him and in you: because the darkness is past, and the true light now shineth.

9 He that saith he is in the light, and hateth his brother, is in darkness even until now.

10 He that loveth his brother abideth in the light, and there is none occasion of stumbling in him.

11 But he that hateth his brother is in darkness, and walketh in darkness, and knoweth not whither he goeth, because that darkness hath blinded his eyes

1Jo 3:23 ¶ And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment.

24 And he that keepeth his commandments dwelleth in him, and he in him. And hereby we know that he abideth in us, by the Spirit which he hath given us.

Edited by Hidden Manna

I have been in jail and street ministry for a few years now. I have learned, when that overwhelming sense of Gods Love for an person comes to me for another, that is the leading of the Holy Spirit to minister to that person. I do consider myself to be a "charismatic" in the sense that I believe the fulness of Gods Spirit is upon the earth and is available unto good works. I often find myself with the only answer to the questions some have concerning the Lord, is to lay hands upon them and ask God to bear witness to them of His Own love for them. I have found that Love is the greastest witness to a lost and hurting soul. This love is not of this world but flows from the Presence of God.

Again to me, all the "Moral law" of God is fulfilled is this "love" from heaven. All perfection of the saints come from this love.

1Jo 4:16 And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him.

17 ¶ Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world.

18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.

19 We love him, because he first loved us.

20 If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen?

21 And this commandment have we from him, That he who loveth God love his brother also.

(KJV)

Edited by Hidden Manna

Heb 10:16 This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;

Ga 5:14 For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

I suggest that in the "simplicty of Christ" that love (shed abroad in the heart) is the only way that a man who dwells in a body of sin, can fulfill the law of God.

"The letter kills but the Spirit gives life" The written code is but a representation of the the Spirit, to attempt to keep the written code (letter) is to attempt to keep the law of God by the flesh,and this is death.

To love others by the power of Gods Spirit is to walk in the Spirit, and this is life.

Heb 10:16 This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;

Ga 5:14 For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

I suggest that in the "simplicty of Christ" that love (shed abroad in the heart) is the only way that a man who dwells in a body of sin, can fulfill the law of God.

"The letter kills but the Spirit gives life" The written code is but a representation of the the Spirit, to attempt to keep the written code (letter) is to attempt to keep the law of God by the flesh,and this is death.

To love others by the power of Gods Spirit is to walk in the Spirit, and this is life.

Mr 9:2 And after six days Jesus taketh with him Peter, and James, and John, and leadeth them up into an high mountain apart by themselves: and he was transfigured before them.

3 And his raiment became shining, exceeding white as snow; so as no fuller on earth can white them.

4 And there appeared unto them Elias with Moses: and they were talking with Jesus.

5 And Peter answered and said to Jesus, Master, it is good for us to be here: and let us make three tabernacles; one for thee, and one for Moses, and one for Elias.

6 For he wist not what to say; for they were sore afraid.

7 And there was a cloud that overshadowed them: and a voice came out of the cloud, saying, This is my beloved Son: hear him.

8 And suddenly, when they had looked round about, they saw no man any more, save Jesus only with themselves.

Not sure why some cannot see the intended picture of these scriptures? Just as the law was received by moses and and the glory of the law was to fade away, we see Christ Jesus whoes Glory never fadeth away.

We see that the Fathers Will is not to hear Moses and the prophets, for they spoke of Him. (The Word became flesh)

Just as Paul wrote "All the law is fulfilled in one word" he received his authority from Christ and His Commandment?

Joh 15:12 This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.

I wonder at those who would make complex what God has made so simple?

2Pe 1:4 Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

The more I grow in the love of God the more I understand that "all the promises of God are yes and Amen in Him" The "divine nature" is based upon Gods love for us and that love working through us unto others.

1Jo 4:19 We love him, because he first loved us.

What a wise God? to give us a law that is based upon His love for us? To give love as we receive love, this is the fulfillment of all the law.

Lu 7:40 And Jesus answering said unto him, Simon, I have somewhat to say unto thee. And he saith, Master, say on.

41 There was a certain creditor which had two debtors: the one owed five hundred pence, and the other fifty.

42 And when they had nothing to pay, he frankly forgave them both. Tell me therefore, which of them will love him most?

43 Simon answered and said, I suppose that he, to whom he forgave most. And he said unto him, Thou hast rightly judged.

44 And he turned to the woman, and said unto Simon, Seest thou this woman? I entered into thine house, thou gavest me no water for my feet: but she hath washed my feet with tears, and wiped them with the hairs of her head.

45 Thou gavest me no kiss: but this woman since the time I came in hath not ceased to kiss my feet.

46 My head with oil thou didst not anoint: but this woman hath anointed my feet with ointment.

47 Wherefore I say unto thee, Her sins, which are many, are forgiven; for she loved much: but to whom little is forgiven, the same loveth little.

48 And he said unto her, Thy sins are forgiven