tsth

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  297
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,586
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  1

Have we considered the cost? Do we realize how vital enduring is/will be? We've got to consider the cost NOW! As I studied the following passages, one REALLY stood out:

Matthew 24:13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

Mr 4:17 - Show Context

And have no root in themselves, and so endure but for a time: afterward, when affliction or persecution ariseth for the word's sake, immediately they are offended.

Mr 13:13 - Show Context

And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

2Th 1:4 - Show Context

So that we ourselves glory in you in the churches of God for your patience and faith in all your persecutions and tribulations that ye endure:

2Ti 2:3 - Show Context

Thou therefore endure hardness, as a good soldier of Jesus Christ.

2Ti 2:10 - Show Context

Therefore I endure all things for the elect's sakes, that they may also obtain the salvation which is in Christ Jesus with eternal glory.

2Ti 4:3 - Show Context

For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

2Ti 4:5 - Show Context

But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry.

Heb 12:7 - Show Context

If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?

Heb 12:20 - Show Context

(For they could not endure that which was commanded, And if so much as a beast touch the mountain, it shall be stoned, or thrust through with a dart:

Jas 5:11 - Show Context

Behold, we count them happy which endure. Ye have heard of the patience of Job, and have seen the end of the Lord; that the Lord is very pitiful, and of tender mercy.

1Pe 2:19 - Show Context

For this is thankworthy, if a man for conscience toward God endure grief, suffering wrongfully.

I want to be sure that I do not endure, just for "a time". I want to continually consider the cost and endure for "eternity". This can only be done, if we abide in Christ Jesus, Whose Name is The Word.

Have you considered enduring, and how far it will take you? I am reminded continually of what the Father says to His child..............about enduring.

When we think that our opposition has become great, we are reminded that we have not had to endure the shedding of "our" blood.

Hebrews 12:3 For consider Him who endured such hostility from sinners against Himself, lest you become weary and discouraged in your souls.

4 You have not yet resisted to bloodshed, striving against sin.

This is my word of encouragement to you.

In His Love,

Suzanne

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  972
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/07/1964

Thanks Suzanne, This is a word in season. The church needs to really take heed at what is being said in the scriptures you gave.

:thumbsup:

In his love,

Brian

Guest OnlyJC4Me

Indeed, good reminder, Suzanne. If things are yet to get even worse, then it's scary to think of what exactly we're going to have to endure.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  12
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Have we considered the cost?  Do we realize how vital enduring is/will be?  We've got to consider the cost NOW!  As I studied the following passages, one REALLY stood out:

Matthew 24:13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

Hebrews 12:3 For consider Him who endured such hostility from sinners against Himself, lest you become weary and discouraged in your souls.

4 You have not yet resisted to bloodshed, striving against sin.

This is my word of encouragement to you.

In His Love,

Suzanne

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It is so true that we need to endure. When I think of enduring I think of where Jesus endured on the cross. If I am going to endure to the end, I must also go to the cross and endure the way he did.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  14
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  11/21/1982

Tons of thanks Suzzanne for your word. I recently got saved and many are the times i've been tempted to indulge in my old ways. Thanks.

Have we considered the cost?

• Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  972
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Birthday:  07/07/1964

Amen sis...... :24:

• Topic Count:  110
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,254
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

Ive tried and tried and I have grown tired. I have never been able to endure. If you are having success with endurance I would like to hear your story. I probably won't go to heaven if your right about the endurance thing and I'm not sure if I know many who will. Its very hard to go to heaven and only a few really endure up to God's standard. Narrow is the way! It takes super will power. Some will say" oh no! you get special power if you pray for it." I have many times in tears. In the end its just good old fashion will power that will enable you to endure enough to be saved by grace. It really takes alot of work to become unlost. Especially when you have been raised to be lost. Only a few will make it I'm afraid. Very very few. I still sin all the time.

Dear dgolvach,

I have come to understand that it is about taking hold of the Power of the Lord Jesus Christ. His grace IS that POWER. His Grace is sufficient. His Grace and effectual working power comes from abiding with Him, in His Word. Continually! I decided to choose sides..........figure out, am I with Him, or against Him? If we are with Him, then we'd better start taking orders. We'd better start listening and believing what we hear. His Word is all that we need, but we've got to take hold of It/Him.

John 1:16 And of His fullness we have all received, and grace for grace.

Acts 4:33 And with great power the apostles gave witness to the resurrection of the Lord Jesus. And great grace was upon them all.

Acts 13:43 Now when the congregation had broken up, many of the Jews and devout proselytes followed Paul and Barnabas, who, speaking to them, persuaded them to continue in the grace of God.

Acts 20:24 But none of these things move me; nor do I count my life dear to myself, so that I may finish my race with joy, and the ministry which I received from the Lord Jesus, to testify to the gospel of the grace of God.

Romans 1:5 Through Him we have received grace and apostleship for obedience to the faith among all nations for His name,

Oh, there are so many Words that tell us about His wonder-working grace/power. This is the one I most often return to:

Titus 2:11 For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men, 12 teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly in the present age, 13 looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ, 14 who gave Himself for us, that He might redeem us from every lawless deed and purify for Himself His own special people, zealous for good works.

I continue to look forward to the blessed hope of Jesus Christ and the joy of having endured to the end.

I know it does get difficult, but He will keep you. You just have to be listening and obeying. He will also keep you from temptation, if you are willing.

Dear dgolvach, you will grow tired...........but the remedy is to go to that water that never stops refreshing. The Living Water of Jesus Christ, understand that you will grow weary and when you know that you are, call out to Him BEFORE the temptations come. Gird yourself up with that armor of God. Stay in His Word and in prayer to Him. He will always refresh and revive you, but you have to be listening and knowing when you are growing weak. Remember how Jesus knew when to go up to the mountain by Himself, to be with God the Father closely? He spent time alone with the Father, to be refreshed.

John 4:13 Jesus answered and said to her, "Whoever drinks of this water will thirst again, 14 but whoever drinks of the water that I shall give him will never thirst. But the water that I shall give him will become in him a fountain of water springing up into everlasting life." 15 The woman said to Him, "Sir, give me this water, that I may not thirst, nor come here to draw."

:thumbsup:

In His Love,

Suzanne

• Topic Count:  110
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,254
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

Suzanne,

I agree with you. Ive seen what you suggest work for some. I believe I followed the same instructions but it for some reason really didn't work. I'm not some dark deprived figure. I don't steal, cheat on my wife or do crime. I just know my thought life and it is awful as it has been my whole 42 years. See, I don't even lie that much! I have a dark side. I don't act on it but its there and I think about it. Jesus said your guilty even if you think about it. If prayed and read scriptures over and over but I tell you, It just dosen't stop my mind. Its like my mind is different from my soul if that makes any sence. I would never actually do what my mind fantacises about and I can say that truthfully but its still there which makes me one evil sinner. It scares me. I think Pink Floyd wrote songs about people like me. I do think about Jesus all of the time. I wish that all of the bad stuff in me could be washed away at the cross but as you say, "Endure". I have failed miserably. I have a very serious condition health wise so maybe God will still have grace for me. You really have to fight hard and be in top shape to gain the free gift of salvation as the scriptures were layed out on this post. I do believe the Bible it true. All of it!

God Bless

Dan