• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  631
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  2

this is a praise topic.

God proves His hand is involved by moving when all seems lost. in this, He shows His immeasurable love.

He leaves not even a shadow of a doubt, and loves to operate within the realm of "impossibilities".

He does not share His glory.

let's share examples of how God wins through what seems as losing to mankind. biblical examples and/or personal testimonies are all welcome.

:laughing: me first:

Christ Jesus as the suffering servant, loving and obedient Son of God, voluntarily gave His life for all the sins of humanity.

through His apparent defeat, we are all victorious.

through His death, we have life, and life in abundance.

personally, when Christ found me, i was at my utter worst. i had lost all hope in this life and the one hereafter.

when i was ready to give it all up, He reached out His hand to lift me up. i died that day, alright..

the Prince of Peace killed me with His perfect love, and that old man passed away.. He makes all things new... :heart:

your turn!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,245
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/11/1984

Ha! Where do I start??? Israel was in defeat against the Philistines until little boy David, mighty warrior of God showed up! Joseph went from the pit, into slavery, from slavery into prison, from prison into governance!

I'm weak, foolish, and woefully ignorant of many things, and yet God encourages me with the words He said to Gideon: "The Lord is with you, mighty warrior!"

By the way, I'm only 5 foot tall, so I'm a very petite mighty warrior! And I've been told by complete strangers that I must be a soldier!!! And people come to me for advice and encouragement, when all I can give them is what I have received through God's Holy Word. This is victory!

And lately, God's really been using me (foolish me) to confound a person who thinks they know absolutely everything, and are very wise in their own eyes, and so esteem themselves higher than they should (perhaps even higher than God's Word? I don't know) and they see me as very small and insignificant. That isn't a problem for me, and it certainly isn't a problem for God! I certainly did not ask to be used in this way, but God is dealing with them through me, and they are even afraid of me now (another who'dathunk story!)

Praise the Lord, sometimes we see ourselves as small and meek, but God uses us so mightily!!! We have the victory in the Lion of Judah! His Name is Jesus!!!!!!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,154
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

***************************************The Path Phil 4:8-9********************************************

I am in a body that is my enemy... in a world that hates me... my only place of peace is where The Lord of Glory 'IS' Col 3...

my substance is His Body and His Blood... I am formed by His Worth and that not of my own... I cannot give to Him that

which He does not want but that which He desires most He Seals with me so that I cannot be with loss... My debt is now without

beginning and end - there is no Word formed to relinquish this purchase... I am to hold the most intimate position of all 'The

Wife of Jesus' ... I therefore must rely on The Father to make this acceptable to The Perfect Man 'The Son of God'... What is

here that I should think on any further but those who shall also take part in this? Love, Steven

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

God proves His hand is involved by moving when all seems lost. in this, He shows His immeasurable love.

He leaves not even a shadow of a doubt, and loves to operate within the realm of "impossibilities".

He does not share His glory.

Found this on another site and thought it fit in with your op:

Paul told the Corinthians, ...God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty. The word confound is kataishuno, which means to put to shame, to embarrass, to confuse, to frustrate, or to baffle. The word mighty is the word dunatoi, describing people who have political power. When you keep in mind that the political arm of the Roman Empire was trying to wipe out the Early Church, it becomes clear that this verse packs a powerful message!

And we also have the story of David and Goliath:

Then Saul dressed David in his own tunic. He put a coat of armor on him and a bronze helmet on his head. 39David fastened on his sword over the tunic and tried walking around, because he was not used to them.

“I cannot go in these,” he said to Saul, “because I am not used to them.” So he took them off. 40Then he took his staff in his hand, chose five smooth stones from the stream, put them in the pouch of his shepherd’s bag and, with his sling in his hand, approached the Philistine.

41Meanwhile, the Philistine, with his shield bearer in front of him, kept coming closer to David. 42He looked David over and saw that he was little more than a boy, glowing with health and handsome, and he despised him. 43He said to David, “Am I a dog, that you come at me with sticks?” And the Philistine cursed David by his gods. 44“Come here,” he said, “and I’ll give your flesh to the birds and the wild animals!”

45David said to the Philistine, “You come against me with sword and spear and javelin, but I come against you in the name of the Lord Almighty, the God of the armies of Israel, whom you have defied. 46This day the Lord will deliver you into my hands, and I’ll strike you down and cut off your head. This very day I will give the carcasses of the Philistine army to the birds and the wild animals, and the whole world will know that there is a God in Israel. 47All those gathered here will know that it is not by sword or spear that the Lord saves; for the battle is theLord’s, and he will give all of you into our hands.”

48As the Philistine moved closer to attack him, David ran quickly toward the battle line to meet him. 49Reaching into his bag and taking out a stone, he slung it and struck the Philistine on the forehead. The stone sank into his forehead, and he fell facedown on the ground.

50So David triumphed over the Philistine with a sling and a stone; without a sword in his hand he struck down the Philistine and killed him.

51David ran and stood over him. He took hold of the Philistine’s sword and drew it from the sheath. After he killed him, he cut off his head with the sword. I sam 17

We see how David was made fun of...boasting is never good....David's quiet confidence was in God, and not in the armor or in himself

Actually, when you start looking, I think we find that is really a theme running through the entire Bible....found this kind of obscure text here:

I also saw under the sun this example of wisdom that greatly impressed me: 14There was once a small city with only a few people in it. And a powerful king came against it, surrounded it and built huge siege works against it. 15Now there lived in that city a man poor but wise, and he saved the city by his wisdom. But nobody remembered that poor man. 16So I said, “Wisdom is better than strength.” But the poor man’s wisdom is despised, and his words are no longer heeded.

17The quiet words of the wise are more to be heeded

than the shouts of a ruler of fools.

18Wisdom is better than weapons of war,

but one sinner destroys much good.

Solomon says nobody remembererd the poor man, but we are reading about him anyway....

wow, amazing thank you seven... :grin:

Zion, He makes little things BIG THINGS! :)

Steven, your words pierce the heart, lovely poetry.. thank you for sharing..

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,245
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/11/1984

Zion, He makes little things BIG THINGS! :)

Steven, your words pierce the heart, lovely poetry.. thank you for sharing..

I think it's more He uses little things to accomplish big things. I know what you mean though:)

Victory is ours in Christ alone. Every time we overcome the enemy in Him, it's a re-enforcement of that victory. Crucifying flesh = victory. Repentance and dealing with sin = victory. Sometimes it can be just as simple as admitting when you're wrong, however wrong you are. Or acknowledging that we are fearfully and wonderfully made in God's image! Being able to trust in and obey God is a victory in itself - it means we are no longer of the devil and belong to Christ. When we are in Him, there is no question that we are in victory! Hallelujah!!!