eternal security

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.82
  • Days Won:  44

I do hope the search engine gets fixed soon so you can see how many times people have come here claiming one must be baptized in order to be saved, which is man’s doctrine, not scripture.

I agree brother. :thumbsup:

Here’s some threads I found.

Guest shiloh357

i know people who say someone can lose their salvation, but i hear that salvation is a gift, not earned by works.

what do you believe?

I believe the Bible proves that a person is not saved by faith alone and that a person can definitely fall from grace through serious sins and ultimately lose their salvation if they persist in those sins. Certainly what a person DOES has everything to do with salvation. Faith without works is dead.

How do you believe in Ephesians 2:8-10 then? God clearly tells us that we are saved by grace through faith, and that works are due to our salvation, not salvation itself.

For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast. For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.

I believe in Ephesians 2:8-10 because Ephesians 2:8-10 is referring to baptism which is a gift of God. How do you believe in James 2:24 then?

You see that a man is justified by works and not by faith alone.

Where in that verse does it even mention baptism? Read it again ... it is not there.

The answer to your question is in verse 10 of the verses I provided. When we are His, we are conformed to be like Christ, where we will do the works that have been prepared for us so we could do them. Only those who are His will obey His leading. It is the process of sanctification that we go through in this life. If you take what your verse says, it speaks of justification, not salvation.

You can see the proof that Ephesians 2:8-10 is referring to water baptism when you compare that verse to Titus 3 and then to 1 Peter 3:20-21. The passages in Ephesians and Titus are very similar. They're referring to the same thing. We see Ephesians describing it as being saved through "faith" ( because accepting baptism is submitting to faith) while Titus describes it as the washing and renewing of the Holy Ghost. They're talking about the same thing. Baptism is described as faith in Galations 3:26-27.

Now look at 1 Peter 3:20-21. There is no work anyone could do to substitute for water baptism. Baptism is the initial justification and removal of sin. After a person enters the Church through baptism (which is the work of God) his deeds and works become part of the justification process, and a factor which will determine whether or not he maintains that justification. This is clear from James 2:24. A person cannot be justified without also being sanctified.

Sorry but that is not authentic, biblical New Testment Christianity. It is a false gospel and heretical to the core.

Salvation is Jesus plus nothing else. Salvation is not something we earn. We are saved by grace through faith and it is not of ourselves, it is a gift of God. Salvation is a work of God alone. Salvation is not Jesus plus baptism. The notion that Baptism is salvific is the product of sloppy theology. Baptism is an outward testimony of an inward transformation. it is statement of faith in both the death burial and resurrection of Jesus, but also our future resurrection.

Baptism does not remove sin. The blood of Jesus removes sin. The work of redemption was finished on the cross and the blood of Jesus is what cleanses from sin. Forgiveness is found in his blood. Justification is NEVER attributed to Baptism in Scripture. The death of Jesus on the cross brought our justification. He satisfied God's legal claims against us. He satisfied God's justice on the cross.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.01
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

i know people who say someone can lose their salvation, but i hear that salvation is a gift, not earned by works.

what do you believe?

I believe the Bible proves that a person is not saved by faith alone and that a person can definitely fall from grace through serious sins and ultimately lose their salvation if they persist in those sins. Certainly what a person DOES has everything to do with salvation. Faith without works is dead.

How do you believe in Ephesians 2:8-10 then? God clearly tells us that we are saved by grace through faith, and that works are due to our salvation, not salvation itself.

For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast. For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.

I believe in Ephesians 2:8-10 because Ephesians 2:8-10 is referring to baptism which is a gift of God. How do you believe in James 2:24 then?

Where in that verse does it even mention baptism? Read it again ... it is not there.

The answer to your question is in verse 10 of the verses I provided. When we are His, we are conformed to be like Christ, where we will do the works that have been prepared for us so we could do them. Only those who are His will obey His leading. It is the process of sanctification that we go through in this life. If you take what your verse says, it speaks of justification, not salvation.

You can see the proof that Ephesians 2:8-10 is referring to water baptism when you compare that verse to Titus 3 and then to 1 Peter 3:20-21. The passages in Ephesians and Titus are very similar. They're referring to the same thing. We see Ephesians describing it as being saved through "faith" ( because accepting baptism is submitting to faith) while Titus describes it as the washing and renewing of the Holy Ghost. They're talking about the same thing. Baptism is described as faith in Galations 3:26-27.

Now look at 1 Peter 3:20-21. There is no work anyone could do to substitute for water baptism. Baptism is the initial justification and removal of sin. After a person enters the Church through baptism (which is the work of God) his deeds and works become part of the justification process, and a factor which will determine whether or not he maintains that justification. This is clear from James 2:24. A person cannot be justified without also being sanctified.

Sorry but that is not authentic, biblical New Testment Christianity. It is a false gospel and heretical to the core.

Salvation is Jesus plus nothing else. Salvation is not something we earn. We are saved by grace through faith and it is not of ourselves, it is a gift of God. Salvation is a work of God alone. Salvation is not Jesus plus baptism. The notion that Baptism is salvific is the product of sloppy theology. Baptism is an outward testimony of an inward transformation. it is statement of faith in both the death burial and resurrection of Jesus, but also our future resurrection.

Baptism does not remove sin. The blood of Jesus removes sin. The work of redemption was finished on the cross and the blood of Jesus is what cleanses from sin. Forgiveness is found in his blood. Justification is NEVER attributed to Baptism in Scripture. The death of Jesus on the cross brought our justification. He satisfied God's legal claims against us. He satisfied God's justice on the cross.

Amen Shiloh and OneLight!

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.82
  • Days Won:  44

what do you believe?

Amen Shiloh and OneLight!

Amen X 2

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,602
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  01/01/1986

Amen X 3! :thumbsup:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,602
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  01/01/1986

I believe in OSAS(once saved always saved).I do not believe that a genuine believer can lose it.Although they can lose rewards in Heaven.

Me too, bopeep! :hurrah:

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  37
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/11/1969

I believe in OSAS(once saved always saved).I do not believe that a genuine believer can lose it.Although they can lose rewards in Heaven.

I believe the same.