• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

The ministry of life and death.

Lord,teach me that being Your disciple is a life or death matter. Jesus said ,"The words that I have sopken to you are spirit and are life. (John 6:63. He did not say"My words are living". He said "My words are life". This means that whenever the Word is released ,there is life. Whenever the Word enter a human being that person begins to show (spiritual) life.That means I must constantly be in a condition in which the Word can flow through me.The moment I block the flow by disobedience,pride.or perverseness,that moment life stops .

It is difficult for me ,as a evangelical believer to imagine that I can be the bearer of spiritual death. But this is true. The kind of spiritual death I am thinking of here is not the death of my Salvation but the death of my godly influence . Outwardly ,the Pharisees obeyed every ritual and tradition,but because the word had stopped flowing through them ,they were inwardly like tombs(matthew 23-27) And so I may conform to every orthodox doctrine and yet,because I refuse to let the Word continually flow through me ,I may be harboring inward putrefaction and decay. At any given moment ,I am the minister of life and death,it all depends upon my realatioship to Jesus words. This explains why Achan was destroyed after he stole the "devoted"thing to Joshua. God could not allow a man who had disobeyed His word to minister death to the entire camp.

I am sobered by my responsibility . Yet I rejoice because I can indeed be the channel of life to my surroundings . I can be Gods oasis to a barren envirement . Lord let me be contagion of Your life! May I be like Ezekiel's river ,which brought greeness to a parched and barren land.

For we are a fragrance of Christ to God among those who are beig saved and among those who are perishing to the one an aroma from death to death ,to the other a aroma from life to life (2 Cor 2 15-16.

W.Glyn Evans

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,245
  • Content Per Day:  0.79
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/11/1984

Philippians 1:21

For to me, to live is Christ, and to die is gain.

• 2 years later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,366
  • Content Per Day:  0.79
  • Days Won:  9

On 5/10/2013 at 0:34 PM, angels4u said:

Lord,teach me that being Your disciple is a life or death matter. Jesus said ,"The words that I have sopken to you are spirit and are life. (John 6:63. He did not say"My words are living". He said "My words are life". This means that whenever the Word is released ,there is life. Whenever the Word enter a human being that person begins to show (spiritual) life.That means I must constantly be in a condition in which the Word can flow through me.The moment I block the flow by disobedience,pride.or perverseness,that moment life stops .

It is difficult for me ,as a evangelical believer to imagine that I can be the bearer of spiritual death. But this is true. The kind of spiritual death I am thinking of here is not the death of my Salvation but the death of my godly influence . Outwardly ,the Pharisees obeyed every ritual and tradition,but because the word had stopped flowing through them ,they were inwardly like tombs(matthew 23-27) And so I may conform to every orthodox doctrine and yet,because I refuse to let the Word continually flow through me ,I may be harboring inward putrefaction and decay. At any given moment ,I am the minister of life and death,it all depends upon my realatioship to Jesus words. This explains why Achan was destroyed after he stole the "devoted"thing to Joshua. God could not allow a man who had disobeyed His word to minister death to the entire camp.

I am sobered by my responsibility . Yet I rejoice because I can indeed be the channel of life to my surroundings . I can be Gods oasis to a barren envirement . Lord let me be contagion of Your life! May I be like Ezekiel's river ,which brought greeness to a parched and barren land.

For we are a fragrance of Christ to God among those who are beig saved and among those who are perishing to the one an aroma from death to death ,to the other a aroma from life to life (2 Cor 2 15-16.

W.Glyn Evans

Really enjoy your posts

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,661
  • Content Per Day:  0.49
  • Days Won:  2

So our words and actions are a life and death concern? That's quite serious, a thing so important and great, that I don't think that leaving this matter in the hands of ridiculous sinners is a safe thing to do.

Here we believe in complete divine intervention and help, otherwise what good can we do, that may not be suddenly undermined by a thoughtless action?

Anyway, what is this really about? Is it about mistakes or about motives?

A "ministry" is not merely about teaching and preaching, but about "the life that is witnessed" by a world of onlookers.

We know that if the issue is about mistakes, then we are all hopeless, but if we are motivated by the love given to us by Christ, then we are winners.

Would you prefer to be around an imperfect person who loves, or a perfect person who resents you?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  5,457
  • Content Per Day:  1.71
  • Days Won:  37

On 5/10/2013 at 10:34 AM, angels4u said:

W.Glyn Evans

And then add to this C.S Lewis' words:

• “It is a serious thing to live in a society of possible gods and goddesses, to remember that the dullest most uninteresting person you can talk to may one day be a creature which,if you saw it now, you would be strongly tempted to worship, or else a horror and a corruption such as you now meet, if at all, only in a nightmare. All day long we are, in some degree helping each other to one or the other of these destinations. It is in the light of these overwhelming possibilities, it is with the awe and the circumspection proper to them, that we should conduct all of our dealings with one another, all friendships, all loves, all play, all politics. There are no ordinary people. You have never talked to a mere mortal. Nations, cultures, arts, civilizations - these are mortal, and their life is to ours as the life of a gnat. But it is immortals whom we joke with, work with, marry, snub, and exploit - immortal horrors or everlasting splendors.” 
     C.S. Lewis, The Weight of Glory