• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  106
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/20/1988

1 Corinthians 1:18 "For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God."

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.01
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Cult's follow a person. Believers follow Christ.

Simple really...

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

Simple really...

I like what you say. That's a simplified but very accurate way of putting it, but let me elaborate.

Now, Atheists may call Christ a person, but we know that he was more than that. However, remember this:

Jesus never compelled us to follow him nor did he persecute those who refused to (unlike narcissistic cult leaders who despise rejection and become angry if they are not worshiped).

Jesus gave us a choice because we have free will. Jesus allows us to criticise him and analyse him. Cult leaders don't like being scrutinised because they know that their lies may be exposed.

Jesus will even forgive us if we criticise him. We are allowed to test him.

Jesus gave us proof of his divinity (miracles). Cult leaders can't give proof because they are false.

Jesus doesn't close us off from outside information. The truth does not need to protect itself from alternative opinions.

Jesus never expected more priveliges than anyone else (unlike cult leaders who expect to receive more than their followers). In other words, he set the example. He never expected more food or more wealth than anyone else. He lived by example and never behaved like a hypocrite.,

Jesus allowed himself to be humiliated and mocked, even until the final humiliation where he was belittled, insulted and crucified. Cult leaders are full of pride and will never lower themselves to the sufferings of their followers.

Jesus gave so much and expected little if nothing in return. Cult leaders only give anything to their followers when they expect to receive greater rewards in return.

Edited by WillowWood

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

The definition of a cult"a religious group that denies one or more of the fundamentals of bibical truth".

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

I know what you mean. I too have come to a point in my walk that I am not going to back down or apologize for my faith. Keep it up. Good job!

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  141
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  2

well your extremism might be fine but there was an Arizona state house member who wanted to pass a law allowing parents to execute disobedient children. referring to the old testament verses regarding disobedient children to say that Christian extremism represents no danger is looking through rose colored glasses imo. Although to compare it to muslim extremism is very laughable lol. YOU DREW A PICTURE OF OUR PROPHET OFF WITH YOUR HEAD!!!!!!

Edited by WarmRoom

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.14
  • Days Won:  78

Simple really...

:amen: That sums it up for me. Simple is always better.

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.14
  • Days Won:  78

well your extremism might be fine but there was an Arizona state house member who wanted to pass a law allowing parents to execute disobedient children. referring to the old testament verses regarding disobedient children to say that Christian extremism represents no danger is looking through rose colored glasses imo. Although to compare it to muslim extremism is very laughable lol. YOU DREW A PICTURE OF OUR PROPHET OFF WITH YOUR HEAD!!!!!!

There definitely ARE extremist 'Christians' but (note I put that in parentheses) they aren't really Christian.

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

There definitely ARE extremist 'Christians' but (note I put that in parentheses) they aren't really Christian.

Plus, these extremists are tiny isolated minorities that don't have suport from other Christians and don't have a global network supported by a number of sovereign states and funded by millions of dollars. Unlike Islam which has a substantial amount of financial and political muscle.

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  141
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  2

well one thing you will find in atheist communities is of the major religions left in this world Islam by in large is frowned upon the most. However, large parts of Africa are starting to radicalize Christianity and are starting to catch up so its important to stay on top of these things. They are burning "witches" out there which is something that is not really talked about these days. I think extremism is probably fine but I think there is a difference in radicalization. Like an amish person is an extreme Christian there some extreme muslims that are peaceful radicals are a different story that's when things start to get violent. In America though extreme Christians are pretty harmless imho.