christianity....A cult..Really?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  370
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

from Latin origin the word culture has to do with growing. 

But:

Jesus Christ is the Logos, the Word and through Him were all things made. Interesting to see how the truth being spoken into the world by Him who set the foundations for the universes can be considered as cult. I don't agree. From a humanist perspective, sure, but they know not the Word of God as the Word of God. At this point it was not even written down as for the New Testament, the fullfilment of the promise of salvation and resurrection. At that time, the Word truly was born and lived among His children. A cult? :)

It was not a cult, it was and still is the everlasting life in Him who has been, is and forever will. It was freedom, salvation and mercy. All about God's eternity, the Holy Trinity manifest through the acts of reconciliation, and the baptism of the Holy Spirit. To walk with God and do the Will of our Heavenly Father. I think that pretty much expands over the definition of 'cult' as we understand it.

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  166
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

Christians are not crazy.

Why is it that We LOOK crazy to others.

But then I read my Bible and The Lord confirms that how they LOOK at truth seekers is all what is excpected from the hardened heart.

Another way to look at this: does a Scientologist look crazy to you? A lot of beliefs look very odd from the outside. Take communion, for example. Tell a person who isn't a Christian and doesn't know much about Christianity that one way that you draw closer to your lord is to eat bread and drink wine and pretend that you are eating his flesh and drinking his blood (or, if you're Catholic, that you are literally eating his flesh and drinking his blood). Think about the amount of context you need for something like that to make sense. A lot of these ideas are not ideas that one would simply take at face value without more context added.

I think part of persecution is unbelievers not understanding us. They think we're weird, and we think they're weird. It's ok though because we're all weird.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  438
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  1

I think part of persecution is unbelievers not understanding us. They think we're weird, and we think they're weird. It's ok though because we're all weird.

word.  :thumbsup:

• Content Count:  370
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

who is normal, I might as well ask? Not me, that's for sure. The one who claims to be is very suspicious to me, and probably weirdest of all. I mean, to be that crazy that you actually live according to the standards set by someone else.

I do my best to follow the example Jesus showed us, so I live according to His standards but then again, I don't claim to be normal. And above all, He's not just someone but actually the one who laid the foundations for the universes. A small difference maybe?

Edited by Diatheosis

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  12
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

I attended the prestigious American Ivy League school Dartmouth College where I became a valued member of an iconic fraternity.

Many people believe that fraternities are like cults, because they espouse almost fanatical self-righteous social myopia, and indeed Dartmouth's social scene was almost entirely weighted by its lavish fraternity system. However, my peers and teachers did not regard me as a cultish frat aficionado, even though in my senior year at college, I was a prominent member of the fraternity circle.

If I can imagine that fraternity life is not stagnating or cult-like, why then can I not imagine that the doctrine profiteering Christian church is not a myopic cult?

Perhaps I am being wound up by the prophetic distracting harlot of Babylon.

Welcome to the debate "DoomZone" - bon appetit!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings to all

Willow ,the definition you gave actually comes from Websters unabridged and is the full definition....when described as a noun,the definition provided by gdemoss was a very similar definition as found in websters except that it does not include that the larger accepted religious movements regard them as extreme and dangerous....None the less,both are accepted definitions by renowned authorities on the english vocabulary.......but we are Christians,we don't seek the approval of man....only by Almighty God!

Christianity (on the whole),I am pretty sure,is not viewed as as a cult and if it is then I am happy to be a member of such.....Christians are not extreme in trying to obtain recruits,not dangerous or harmful.....we speak the truth,preach the Gospel to all men and let God do the rest.

With love,in Christ-Kwik

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Dearest Abishai,

I was following along just fine up until your being wound up by the distracting harlot of Babylon....huh?How are you being distracted.....please,I would love to help.....And what pray tell is "DoomZone",another movie?

I wish somehow I could encourage you to focus more on things above and the beautiful things of God.....put those dark movies and such away,indeed it is all a distraction that is an open inviitation to things not of God.You are in my prayers brother.

With love,in Christ-Kwik

Can you not see that you are loved when we express concern for you?Please do not think anyone wants to debate or single you out for any other reason but to keep you safe and in the arms of God......

• 2 years later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  27
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  40
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  12/13/1955

Christianity is based on the teachings of Jesus Christ. We as Christians not only follow the teachings of Jesus we are to also believe He came to save us. Christianity is anchored in love..God's love for us and our response to that love. Christianity is more than a religion. Christianity is a way of life based upon one's love of God and love of people.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Content Count:  2,436
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  08/11/1989

On 5/13/2013 at 6:35 AM, paulajeanne said:

Why....

Why do People treat me like I'm crazy when it comes to thinking and trying to living Biblicaly? They act like I'm in a cult....Really???

I see how People LOOK at religion and Christ ! Jesus is included in all the "religions".

The Truth I speak (they explain) Is my truth and it's relative..

You can't Explain it to them....there hard....

My Bible is not just my truth....

It IS TRUTH....

May The Lord help with the understanding of the ONLY way... Show all sceptics...

Let them see WE are not part of just SOME movement..

It's the ONLY movement !

Commanded by THE ONLY GOD !

OUR KING !

LORD JESUS !

OUR FATHER !

OUR CREATOR !

*THERE CREATOR.......

Truth be told Christianity is indeed a personality cult that revolves around the person Jesus Christ. But He is perfectly divine, perfect in love, perfect in wisdom and perfectly omnipotent. So it is really worth following Him. The other personality cults revolve around flawed humans.. So it is not worth following them. Blind men leading other blind men leads to catastrophe