• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  306
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,130
  • Content Per Day:  4.64
  • Days Won:  327

Why....

Why do People treat me like I'm crazy when it comes to thinking and trying to living Biblicaly? They act like I'm in a cult....Really???

I see how People LOOK at religion and Christ ! Jesus is included in all the "religions".

The Truth I speak (they explain) Is my truth and it's relative..

You can't Explain it to them....there hard....

My Bible is not just my truth....

Blessings Sister......

When people say to you "IT is your truth" you might try starting out the discussion by explaining to them that "Truth" is not an "it",,,,,He is a Person,He is God....

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.      John 14:6

The Bible is the Living WORD,again,,,,,HE is JESUS!             Glory to God                                                 With love-in Christ,Kwik

• 4 months later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,029
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/23/1982

Coming from a "cult":rolleyes: perspective I'm curious about the relationship between Christianity as a whole being labeled a cult and the recent(last couple of years) moves of church leadership to separate themselves from the mindset that Christianity is exclusive. The ecumenical movement is an example I see of Christianity trying to shed ties with the cult label.  Also I've seen a couple of churches advertise their inclusive, progressive mindset of the homosexual lifestyle.  It's almost suicidal to speak against the LGBTQ community so to avoid persecution from them a lot of churches/leaders have modified their interpretation of scriptures so as not to offend but include.  Just some observations.  

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  253
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/11/1963

On 5/12/2013 at 9:05 PM, paulajeanne said:

Why....

Why do People treat me like I'm crazy when it comes to thinking and trying to living Biblicaly? They act like I'm in a cult....Really???

I see how People LOOK at religion and Christ ! Jesus is included in all the "religions".

The Truth I speak (they explain) Is my truth and it's relative..

You can't Explain it to them....there hard....

My Bible is not just my truth....

It IS TRUTH....

May The Lord help with the understanding of the ONLY way... Show all sceptics...

Let them see WE are not part of just SOME movement..

It's the ONLY movement !

Commanded by THE ONLY GOD !

OUR KING !

LORD JESUS !

OUR FATHER !

OUR CREATOR !

*THERE CREATOR.......

I remember as a new Christian I found the Bible to be problematic at best. For me the two biggest issues were the resurrection and the conversion of Paul, I finally got through that and then I encountered the deity of Christ, the Incarnation and the Trinity. Over a considerable amount of time I got those things under my belt and it's been one thing after the other, yet I've always put my confidence eventually in Christian conviction and the Scriptures. For some thirteen years I argued Creationism on Christian Forums both using an evidential approach (scientific literature) and as a Biblical doctrine. Time and again I encountered arguments and evidences that challenged my convictions, at one time I was a border line Theistic Evolutionist but now I'm a strong young earth creationist with some reservations regarding the creation of the universe being 6000 years ago.

My fascination with apologetics has left me puzzled as to the reason for such stern skepticism and such emotive animosity for the things of faith. I don't think there is anything new about this:

The person without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God but considers them foolishness, and cannot understand them because they are discerned only through the Spirit. (1 Cor. 2:14)

Who is wise and understanding among you? Let them show it by their good life, by deeds done in the humility that comes from wisdom.But if you harbor bitter envy and selfish ambition in your hearts, do not boast about it or deny the truth.Such “wisdom” does not come down from heaven but is earthly, unspiritual, demonic. For where you have envy and selfish ambition, there you find disorder and every evil practice. (James 3:13-16)

Chuck Swindoll one time was talking about Paul before a Roman Governor Agrippa. He describes this man's life and let's just say he wasn't exactly a bastion of moral virtue to put it mildly. What brother Swindoll said about that was, 'what do you expect from worldly people'. Apart from a miracle in your life you will never make the insight into who Jesus Christ is and certainly would never be able to enter into a relationship with him through faith. 

When the first century church was being persecuted they did not retaliate, they did not take matters into their own hands and there is a reason for that. They believed the people who were persecuting them were under a delusion. The believed that the Devil and his forces were somehow deluding these people and instead of hating them and lashing out, they saw them of victims of Satanic forces.

No, not everyone who your share your faith with will appreciate you convictions. I've argued Creationism for years and I have been called a fool, a liar and worse, not because of anything I did to them personally but simply because of what I believe. I don't know why they get so vicious in their attacks but at the end of the day we entrust God with our very souls, ultimately we have to trust him to lead us into situations where we can share our faith with those whom God has chosen to be receptive.

Grace and peace,
Mark

Edited by thilipsis

• 2 months later...

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  606
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  2

On 28 July 2013 at 5:04 PM, TsukinoRei said:

And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, 2 Timothy 2:24

Fresno, thank you in particular for the verse from 2 Timothy.  I had forgotten it.  It often seems like there isn't much gentleness going around these days.  When I was in Bible College I remember clearly having lunch time and supper discussions with my fellow ministers in training.  More and more often  the subject arose of how to place more Christians in politics, praying for more Christian leaders in government.  One day I pointed out that Jesus didn't come to put a Kingdom on earth, and perhaps placing Christians in power wasn't the best course of action.  I even went so far as to point out that claiming to be a Christian might not necessarily mean someone was a good person or a good man.  After all, the Third Reich claimed to be Christian.  People were angry at me for saying these things.  They were more angry when discussions arose about keeping gay marriage illegal, prayer in schools, and other issues of separation of Church and State and I didn't agree that these were things we needed to concern ourselves with.  It was frightening.  So much time was spent talking about end times theory,  pre-trib, post trib, the ever growing signs of the times.

It occurred to me then that if they succeed in putting a Christian in power in every nation on earth, and placing the people under Christian laws, then Christianity will be the one world religion of prophecy that they all feared so much.

Yes, Ive had this myself, Ive never been able to grasp why they cant understand that the world will change and nothing will be good until Jesus. Yes, do good and prevent evil, I can agree wholeheartedly. Its honourable. But same time, it WILL go south. We know what God says.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  606
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  2

On 28 July 2013 at 1:10 PM, TsukinoRei said:

But FresnoJoe, there is no Gay military.  There are no Gay gangs armed with guns knocking down the doors of Christians and dragging them into the streets to murder them.  There are no Gay politicians working to pass laws that would put anyone accused of being a Christian in prison and potentially put to death.  There are, however, Christian militia.  There are Christian gangs knocking down the doors of Gays and dragging them into the streets to murder them.  There are Christian politicians working to pass laws that would put anyone accused of being gay in prison and potentially put to death.  So I don't know what you mean when you refer to the 'militant gay'.  It seems to me that all the gay people are trying to do is assert that they want to live their lives as they choose rather than according to a religious interpretation that they don't believe in and do not choose to live by.

This is the Law;

There is a big variety of Churches and denominations in the world.  A HUGE variety.  There are some that require women to wear dresses and have long hair.  There are some that forbid music and dancing.  There are some that try to follow some of the more extreme rules above, and many more who don't.  I think that the vast majority of Christians do wear socks and don't run around in a murdering rampage, which is nice.  

Most don't seem to avail themselves of all the things they're apparently allowed to do, such as slavery.  Though some used to!

But this is food for thought;

The law, whether man-made or God-made, is a blunt instrument that holds death and condemnation when used on it's own, without Grace.

Not long ago I was pondering slothfulness.  It's something the Church once defined as a deadly sin with oodles of passages to back them up.  But there's no room in that law for clinical depression.  There's no room in that law for post-partum depression.  There is no room in that law for low thyroid function.  All of these conditions leave a person curled up in a corner of their home, unable to summon the will to do even the things they once enjoyed, let alone stand up and go clean their house.  The law has no grace for people with medical conditions that we now know about.

Jesus turned the law on its head.

When we cherry-pick laws and apply them to the world with no grace and with no understanding of humanities evolving knowledge of nature and medicine we appear as hypocritical cultists who are interested only in building up our own sense of righteousness through our condemnation of others, while we ignore the laws we choose to break and use other laws to attack people and bend them to our will.

Thank you, I needed this regarding the thyroid, Ive just found out and Ive been dragging myself through life, being hard on myself. The surroundings judgments not helped.  Today was a hard to myself day. Thank you