IGNORED

Does God Answer The Prayers Of Unbelievers?

Tinky

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

I understand that the Got Questions statement does say that God sometimes answers the prayers of the unbelievers.What are you trying to tell me sevenseas?I know that I previously said that God "does not" hear the pray of unbelievers.I am not perfect and trying to claim that I am the only one right here.So if the Got Questions says that God may sometimes answer the prayer of unbelievers then that is what I am going with.

The entire time, I have only been 'trying' to tell you, what you say you now see. Nothing more. I don't go into the area of thinking people should be perfect and I don't claim myself nor do I think

anyone is trying to claim they are the only one who is right.

I was only and simply trying to help you see what you say you do now see. That's all.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

I come back to the idea that Paul believed that God is the God of the Gentiles also. In the context of what Paul was saying, he was using the term Gentiles as unbelievers. To assert that God does not hear or answer the prayers of those who do not believe in him as Jews and Christians do goes against the truth that God is God of all because there is but one true God.

All answered prayer must originate with the only true sovereign God for his ultimate purpose of good. All one needs is to have enough faith to believe that there is the possibility of a God who exists in order to call out and receive a response. A man in the middle of the Amazon who looks around at creation and believes in a Creator, who looks at himself and believes that the creator must be greater than the created being calls out and says "anybody there?" and your going to tell me that because the man does not believe in the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob or Jesus Christ that he is ignored until he gets it right? No. God is not like that.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  631
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  2

I come back to the idea that Paul believed that God is the God of the Gentiles also. In the context of what Paul was saying, he was using the term Gentiles as unbelievers. To assert that God does not hear or answer the prayers of those who do not believe in him as Jews and Christians do goes against the truth that God is God of all because there is but one true God.

All answered prayer must originate with the only true sovereign God for his ultimate purpose of good. All one needs is to have enough faith to believe that there is the possibility of a God who exists in order to call out and receive a response. A man in the middle of the Amazon who looks around at creation and believes in a Creator, who looks at himself and believes that the creator must be greater than the created being calls out and says "anybody there?" and your going to tell me that because the man does not believe in the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob or Jesus Christ that he is ignored until he gets it right? No. God is not like that.

Romans 3?

but Paul was speaking of justification, and the lack of difference between Jew and Gentile concerning condemnation. right?

in other words, doesn't the God who made both Jew and Gentile condemn them both in accordance with the law? for none is righteous, but by the blood of Christ.

the man in the Amazon who by faith seeks the one true living God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, will find Him. because that God is Christ and Christ is God, and He will reveal Himself as He sees fit. i imagine He will come to know Christ in the most perfect way for him.

each case is unique. the man who indignantly cries out to God in angst and accusation, or pleads to know Him in fear and meekness, will undoubtedly receive according to the abundance of what is in his heart. God is not mocked.

doesn't praying by definition make you a believer?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  40,803
  • Content Per Day:  7.96
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Perhaps a Scriptual point to your statement...

Ro 1:18-23

18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men,

who suppress the truth in unrighteousness, 19 because what may be known of God is manifest in them,

for God has shown it to them. 20 For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen,

being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are

without excuse, 21 because, although they knew God, they did not glorify Him as God, nor were thankful,

but became futile in their thoughts, and their foolish hearts were darkened. 22 Professing to be wise, they

became fools, 23 and changed the glory of the incorruptible God into an image made like corruptible

man — and birds and four-footed animals and creeping things.

NKJV

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

Romans 3?

but Paul was speaking of justification, and the lack of difference between Jew and Gentile concerning condemnation. right?

in other words, doesn't the God who made both Jew and Gentile condemn them both in accordance with the law? for none is righteous, but by the blood of Christ.

the man in the Amazon who by faith seeks the one true living God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, will find Him. because that God is Christ and Christ is God, and He will reveal Himself as He sees fit. i imagine He will come to know Christ in the most perfect way for him.

each case is unique. the man who indignantly cries out to God in angst and accusation, or pleads to know Him in fear and meekness, will undoubtedly receive according to the abundance of what is in his heart. God is not mocked.

Yes, the context is justification. Would you push to say then that he is only the God of the Gentiles as it concerns justification? I believe that would be a mistake. Much of the bible gives illustrations to the contrary. And yes, praying to a god at least makes one a believer that there is at least a god but it does not make one a believer as I believe is being inferred here in the one true God through Christ Jesus.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.01
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

I understand that the Got Questions statement does say that God sometimes answers the prayers of the unbelievers.What are you trying to tell me sevenseas?I know that I previously said that God "does not" hear the pray of unbelievers.I am not perfect and trying to claim that I am the only one right here.So if the Got Questions says that God may sometimes answer the prayer of unbelievers then that is what I am going with.

The entire time, I have only been 'trying' to tell you, what you say you now see. Nothing more. I don't go into the area of thinking people should be perfect and I don't claim myself nor do I think

anyone is trying to claim they are the only one who is right.

I was only and simply trying to help you see what you say you do now see. That's all.

Bo peep, another excellent source is the bible. We have spoken about this before, and like sevenseas, I am not admonishing you, but encouraging you to read it and form your own opinion. It is how we learn the best, by struggling through stuff and making mistakes.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  631
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  2

Romans 3?

Yes, the context is justification. Would you push to say then that he is only the God of the Gentiles as it concerns justification? I believe that would be a mistake. Much of the bible gives illustrations to the contrary. And yes, praying to a god at least makes one a believer that there is at least a god but it does not make one a believer as I believe is being inferred here in the one true God through Christ Jesus.

no brother, just pointing out the fact that Paul was speaking in regards to the lack of difference in condemnation. i didn't understand how you perceived those verses conveying God's sovereignty is all, but i guess i can see where you were going with it more clearly now.

of course He is the God of all, whether they like and recognize it or not.

that prayer question was just thrown out there considering the thread title, and wasn't directed specifically towards you.

thank you.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39

Here is my question. Jesus fulfilled the requests of the Syro-Phonecian woman who asked Him to heal her daughter. He healed the servant of the Centurion when the Centurion asked Him to. In the book of Acts, Cornelius, a partial proselyte to the Jewish religion was praying at the prescribed Minkha (afternoon) prayer time and was visited by an agnel of God and was told that God had heard his prayers. None of these people were "believers" in the way we are using that word, here. None of them except Cornelius are recorded as having ever become believers and they were all Gentiles, to boot.

I don't think God listens to the prayers of those who are lawless who try to use prayer to own their wicked purposes.

But consider the following scenario: A young set of parents have a newborn that is sick and in intensive care. Neither are believers, but cry out to God for help to save their newborn's life. Do you think God turns a deaf ear? I mean if we sinful people could not help but be touched and would do anything we could to save a child's life, why would God not be touched as well? I am not saying that God is under any obligation to heal the baby, but do you think he turns a deaf ear to that request? And, if He were to heal that baby, might not it be possible that such an act of goodness on His part contribute to this young couple coming to repentance? If not, why not?

That's beautifully said......how true:)

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.13
  • Days Won:  78

I believe God does answer the prayers of unbelievers. I was not saved when God answered my first prayer. I asked Jesus into my heart right after the answer, I was 5.

It was a child's prayer....and was actually a bit of a challenge...but God answered immediately in the affirmative and caused something to happen that showed me He is real.

Simple. God knows our hearts and why we pray and what is in our hearts when we pray....saved, or not.

That was a prayer of repentance and salvation and that is why He answered it.If someone is an unbeliever I don't know why they would pray.

That's the question for me too, Bopeep. Why would a nonbeliever pray to a God he/she doesn't believe exists? I can't make that make sense. I believe He only answers prayers from a nonbeliever if it is one of repentence. And, in that case, the person wouldn't be a nonbeliever.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

I believe God does answer the prayers of unbelievers. I was not saved when God answered my first prayer. I asked Jesus into my heart right after the answer, I was 5.

It was a child's prayer....and was actually a bit of a challenge...but God answered immediately in the affirmative and caused something to happen that showed me He is real.

Simple. God knows our hearts and why we pray and what is in our hearts when we pray....saved, or not.

That was a prayer of repentance and salvation and that is why He answered it.If someone is an unbeliever I don't know why they would pray.

That's the question for me too, Bopeep. Why would a nonbeliever pray to a God he/she doesn't believe exists? I can't make that make sense. I believe He only answers prayers from a nonbeliever if it is one of repentence. And, in that case, the person wouldn't be a nonbeliever.

Well,I think the only way they would pray is if they had a change of heart and wanted to ask God into their life which is wonderful.God will always listen to a person with a change of heart.But it does not make sense for an unbeliver to pray to a God they do not believe in.