IGNORED

Are people in Heaven?

Hell is a place of Fire and Brimstone but hell is also a place of Unconsciousness where the body's of the transgressors do not decay.

Hell itself will die but the Smoke of the Torment (Testing) will be seen for all eternity where the actions done by the transgressors are studies for all eternity so that people will never want to commit any evil acts ever again.

Revelation 21:1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.

The Greek and Hebrew words of Forever only mean until Heaven and Earth pass away as seen in this verse.

~

Forever

And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison, And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea. And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.

And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever. Revelation 20:7-10

Is Pretty Much Forever

And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out: it is better for thee to enter into the kingdom of God with one eye, than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire: Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched. Mark 9:47-48

You

And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away. And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful. Revelation 21:4-5

Think

I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last. Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie. Revelation 22:13-15

~

Leviticus 25:44-46

As for your male and female slaves whom you may have: you may buy male and female slaves from among the nations that are around you. You may also buy from among the strangers who sojourn with you and their clans that are with you, who have been born in your land, and they may be your property. You may bequeath them to your sons after you to inherit as a possession forever. You may make slaves of them, but over your brothers the people of Israel you shall not rule, one over another ruthlessly.

~

Slavery Is Surly Growing And Growing On Planet Earth

Jesus replied, “Very truly I tell you, everyone who sins is a slave to sin. Now a slave has no permanent place in the family, but a son belongs to it forever. John 8:34-35

Yet There Still Remains Only One Way

So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed. John 8:36

Only One Way To Be Free

The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised, Luke 4:18

Jesus~!

Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God. Matthew 5:9

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Welcome to Worthy paulajeanne,

The Bible tells us that when we die we know not...as many have given you scripture reference.......David,Solomon,Isaiah,Eccl,Mathew and many more all expound on Gods greatness and Might and proclaim mans frailty as we cannot praise God from the grave or do anything else .....here are some ref. for you.....psalm6:5,psalm 88:11,psalm 115:7,psalm146:4,28:1,Eccl9:10,Isaiah38:18,Matth27:52.................................to name just a few

Remember God is not a God of confusion,nowhere in the Bible does it say that any person that died can look down from heaven or are in heaven"NOW".....

What I do ponder is(I  cannot confirm my personal thoughts with scripture)as far as Jesus freeing the ones that already died from Sheol that God is not bound by space or time,we are.......God reigns and resides in past,present and future......I don't know how but perhaps the account given about what Jesus did in time past while He entered the realm of the dead may be a future time that we cannot relate to as humans who are bound by our "present''......I don't want to sound this to sound like science fiction but we are talking about the Supernatural things of God.....for me,these ponderings satisfy my questions about life beyond the grave

Remember,like I said...I cannot refer to any specific scripture that would lead me to think along these lines.

As far as Jesus telling the good thief that,THIS DAY YOU WILL BE WITH ME IN PARADISE can have much different meaning if you simply put a comma after this day(...this day,YOU WILL BE WITH ME IN PARADISE)now we have just changed that day to one day in the future......many early Greek transcripts were not punctuated- I hope you will always refer to Gods Word and Wisdom & Understanding by the Holy Spirit,in Jesus Name

Much love,Kwik

Edited by kwikphilly

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  559
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/01/1962

Some say we will not go to heaven untill Jesus comes...."the dead will rise first"....

So many times in the Bible it says that We will reunite in Heaven when He comes. It's not clear to me ... Are the dead in Heaven?

I always believed my loved ones died and went right up to see our Lord and that there looking down on us...

Then one day I heard a preacher say that's not so.

We are in the grave untill Heaven is ready and the 2nd comming of Christ.....

Now I'm confused..

Help...

Actually, there's nothing in the Scriptures that teach that people go to Heaven. Heaven is not the hope of the Christian, the hope is the restored earth in which is the kingdom of God.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  559
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Birthday:  03/01/1962

When Jesus was on the Cross their were two thieves next to Him.One of the thieves responded to the message of salvation and one did not.Jesus said to the one who responded to His message "Today you will be with me in Paradise". He did not say "Your soul will remain in your body and I will see you when I come back in Glory".The thieve's soul was immediately going to be with Christ.

Actually, There was no punctuation in the Greek text. It is the translators who added the punctuation where they "think" it should be. Jesus' statement to the their can be read two different ways and both are grammatically correct in the Greek text. Simply moving the comma over on place changes the meaning of the sentence.

NAS Luke 23:43 And He said to him, "Truly I say to you, today you shall be with Me in Paradise." (Luk 23:43 NAS)

Below I have moved the comma from before the word "today" to after it. Notice the difference in meaning.

And He said to him, "Truly I say to you today, you shall be with Me in Paradise."

When the comma is placed before "today" the reading requires that the thief be in Paradise with Jesus that day. However, when the comma is moved and placed after the word "today" It reads "I tell you today". The second reading does not require that the thief be in Paradise with Jesus that day. The second reading better fits with the context of the Scriptures than the first one does.

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,228
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

Paradice is wherever Jesus is. When He went to Abrahams's bosem it was there. Now it is at the right hand of the Father where Jesus sits.... Our souls will be with the Lord whenever our eyes shut in "death" or sleep as the Bible calls it, because since His life is in us now we will always be with him and will never completely die. Only our present bodies will die. But that is not the real us. The real us is our soul and spirit. Someday Jesus will come get out bodies, too, and make them like His. I never considered my parents to be decaying in a grave so I never go and put flowers on them. Those are just their remains and not the real them. I have always thought of them being with Jesus. So I don't really care if I ever get a glorified body as long as the real me can be with the Lord. I don't have much need of one now. But when He comes back to rule for a 1000 years I may have need for one and if so He will give one to me. Meanwhile I am quite content to be with Jesus, whether on earth or in heaven, or back on earth again. I want to always be with Him. He is my family now and I am in His family since we have the same Daddy God, only I am adopted.

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Amen  Willa,

I'll be happy to go wherever Jesus takes me as long as I am with Him...in a body,out of body ,in my new body.........just to be in His presence,AHHHH!

You know when you really get lifted up in spirit when you are really worshipping God and praising with every bit of your very being how you suddenly feel like you are out of this world and that peace just comes over you....can you just imagine what heaven must be like????

Glory to God,I can only imagine.......

With love,in Christ-Kwik

I gave my answer in post #32....

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  12
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

She-Hulk is a female avatar whose super-human strength represents human anxieties about arrogance.  She-Hulk is an impressive character who instills consumption confidence about frailty coloring.

If people are in heaven, they might consider She-Hulk a civilization angel of consciousness fertilization, if that is what ghosts are curious about.  They do after all say that ghosts would be curious and human sensitivity vanities.

Perhaps art can invoke courage.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  868
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Birthday:  03/17/1981

She-Hulk is a female avatar whose super-human strength represents human anxieties about arrogance.  She-Hulk is an impressive character who instills consumption confidence about frailty coloring.

If people are in heaven, they might consider She-Hulk a civilization angel of consciousness fertilization, if that is what ghosts are curious about.  They do after all say that ghosts would be curious and human sensitivity vanities.

People in Heaven are not ghosts.

She-Hulk is a female avatar whose super-human strength represents human anxieties about arrogance. She-Hulk is an impressive character who instills consumption confidence about frailty coloring.

~

Perhaps God Speaks

And God spake all these words, saying, I am the LORD thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. Thou shalt have no other gods before me. Exodus 20:1-3

Seriously

Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth: Exodus 20:4

Speaks

Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;

And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments. Exodus 20:5-6

Seriously

Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgments endureth for ever. Psalms 119:160

Beloved

Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee. Psalms 119:11

Seriously

So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God. Romans 10:17

Beloved

Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world. And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever. 1 John 2:15-17

~

Believe

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16

And Be Blessed Beloved

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:

The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:

The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27

Love, Joe

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,143
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

When Jesus was on the Cross their were two thieves next to Him.One of the thieves responded to the message of salvation and one did not.Jesus said to the one who responded to His message "Today you will be with me in Paradise". He did not say "Your soul will remain in your body and I will see you when I come back in Glory".The thieve's soul was immediately going to be with Christ.

Actually, There was no punctuation in the Greek text. It is the translators who added the punctuation where they "think" it should be. Jesus' statement to the their can be read two different ways and both are grammatically correct in the Greek text. Simply moving the comma over on place changes the meaning of the sentence.

NAS Luke 23:43 And He said to him, "Truly I say to you, today you shall be with Me in Paradise." (Luk 23:43 NAS)

Below I have moved the comma from before the word "today" to after it. Notice the difference in meaning.

And He said to him, "Truly I say to you today, you shall be with Me in Paradise."

When the comma is placed before "today" the reading requires that the thief be in Paradise with Jesus that day. However, when the comma is moved and placed after the word "today" It reads "I tell you today". The second reading does not require that the thief be in Paradise with Jesus that day. The second reading better fits with the context of the Scriptures than the first one does.

The whole comma thing can be easily seen in which way it is to be placed by The Scripture itself... for one the common sense of the reading-

why would Jesus be telling them when He is speaking- as it is a literal historical account when He is speaking at that time or day?

The account of Lazarus is interesting as to literary lines, parable or account, but is a mute point as to the purpose-> as truth presented in parable

or actual event remains truth! He was in a conscience place of keeping till and all elements of human interaction was present... The Lord freed

them by His Life covering and now we, (those who have received Him in the death of themselves), are with Him as His Word says

2 Cor 5:6-8

6 So we are always confident, knowing that while we are at home in the body we are absent from the Lord.

7 For we walk by faith, not by sight. 8 We are confident, yes, well pleased rather to be absent from the body

and to be present with the Lord.

NKJV

As above this and the account of Lazarus are conjoined we come from here, by death,  knowing all forms of consciousness, as now, with The

Lord's  Presence...  Love, Steven