Sign in to follow this  
MissPlaced_56

What's For Dinner??

It's the age old question....."What's for Dinner"???....and in this day and age, we need to be penny wise ..NOT pound foolish.....This recipe is a win/win are all fronts!!....A few Footnotes to this recipe are 1)The potatoes and Cauliflower are "steamed in a little "Chicken Stock"...2) If you don't want to use that whole big head of cauliflower, just use half of it and oven roast the rest as a side dish for another meal later in the week...(Roasted Cauliflower Recipe will follow).....3) IF you Don't want to use the wine, just use "Chicken Stock"..thats what I do....and it works out great!....4) not a fan of "Rosemary" that's ok, you season this with whatever you want to.....I usually just use "Montreal Steak Seasoning"......5) why should I go to the extra expense of buying Little Potatoes???? when regular potatoes cut up will work just as well??.. I don't..LOL....this recipe is more about "Method" then about using the same exact ingredients.....and I don't use Chicken Breast's.. I use Chicken thigh's..there usually cheaper and have more flavor..in my honest opinion......6) don't have fresh garlic cloves, but do have some already chopped up garlic...that's fine as well.....*1 Teaspoon already chopped garlic =1 clove of garlic.....*.......http://www.rachaelray.com/recipe.php?recipe_id=3093......Roasted Cauliflower Recipe.....set oven to 450....get a gallon size zip lock bag....and a large cookie sheet pan.....now break cauliflower in floret's...put floret's into the bag....add some olive oil to the bag as well....season with whatever you like..close bag and shake it around....pour out onto cookie sheet..put in preheated oven and roast for about 20-25 minutes......from time to time i'll add some more recipes that are easy, quick and cheap.....LOL and if you all would like to share some of your's YIPEEEE as i'm alway's wonderin "Whats for Dinner...LOL

Edited by MissPlaced_55

HI, this is another tried and approved of recipe.......quick, simple, easy and as always cheap.....LOL...I will give you one suggestion tho....Basil can be expensive!!!....a good substitute is baby Spinach......Enjoy.....http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/michael-chiarello/tuscan-shrimp-with-white-beans-recipe/index.html

What's for dinner? Plain and simple.I am going to have a BLT and macaroni salad that I made yesterday.

bopeep, I really do love a good BLT...had some for dinner just a few nights ago..yummmmm......when you said BLT, it brought back this favorite of ours to my mind,,,,http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/tyler-florence/grilled-cheese-recipe/index.html,,,,with some homemade tomato soup it's awesome!!!...enjoy that BLT bopeep!

bopeep, I really do love a good BLT...had some for dinner just a few nights ago..yummmmm......when you said BLT, it brought back this favorite of ours to my mind,,,,http://www.foodnetwo...cipe/index.html,,,,with some homemade tomato soup it's awesome!!!...enjoy that BLT bopeep!

Thanks....I sure will :mgcheerful:

I went next door to my dad's and had pot roast with potatoes and carrots and all that good stuff. Also had butter beans. Good stuff!

I went next door to my dad's and had pot roast with potatoes and carrots and all that good stuff. Also had butter beans. Good stuff!

Sounds like you had a yummy dinner :mgcheerful:

Sounds like you had a yummy dinner :mgcheerful:

Yes, it was very good.

We had ribs on the BBQ, stuffed potatoes, salad, and homemade bread rolls. It was awesome! :)

I am having a nice juicy New York steak tonight medium.

Sign in to follow this