marriage and deliverance issues

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  280
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

I am new to this forum a.s of today. I don't wish to be all over the place as there is more then one issue and they are intertwined.

I am a charismatic Christian but I have had experiences with the demonic that are not imaginary, with objective verifiable phenomena that involved other persons as well, including the pastor of a church who now has an international prophetic ministry. I can go into some detail perhaps later in this thread, if you like, or on a different thread. I am seeking deliverance but finding someone who can help me has eluded me for decades. I recently turned 60. The internal oppression/ possession has receded over the years but the external oppression is now the greater affliction. I work as a professional in the human services for a government agency and have been at this job for 19 years.

My wife is seeking to be a baptized member of the Jehovah's Witnesses. She has both physical and emotional problems and is unable to work and we have always lived separately although we have been married for 10 years. She wanted me to buy her a computer, but after praying about this I felt promptings that the Lord did not want me to do this as her primary reason for obtaining the computer was to further her efforts to become a Jehovah's Witness. She does not have the finances to afford a computer and would need my help. I told her of my reluctance during a break from work last Wednesday and she became very agitated. I bought her a tablet and took her to my home. While she was there she ripped some of my Christian books, messed up the wires connecting my modem, router and television. On the way back to her home she pushed me as I was driving down a freeway. Later she called me incessantly to harass me. She called the police and told them that I was attacking a woman with a knife at my home. The police came to my house and I allowed them to search my home explaining the circumstances. She eventually calmed down, We traded in the tablet for a laptop the next day which suited her better. I had to cancel work on Thursday and Friday, canceling meetings that would be difficult to reschedule so she could stay with me and regain her emotional equilibrium. She was in physical pain. There is considerable pressure at my job and those were days I could ill afford to take off. We have had other situations in the past often involving matters o faith. I know I need to stand my ground even if it means that everything comes crashing down.

Although I am connected with a church, between my job which is very demanding and my wife's needs, I rarely have time to attend. I have no social life other then contact with my wife and no Christian fellowship except for a biweekly home meeting which I sometimes have to miss. However the later part of my evenings are spent in prayer, reading Christian books and listening to Christian programs. I wish to do something for Jesus as i believe I am burying my talents but see no way out of my present circumstances.

I know this may seem rambling and there is actually much more that can be said especially in regard to supernatural demonic manifestations. Please pray for me and if you have any advice it would be much appreciated, my brothers and sisters in the Lord.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.32
  • Days Won:  67

Praying for you

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

Hi ~ seems you have an awful lot to deal with. Sure, I and others can give advice and some of it good advice, but my first concern would be to make sure you are receiving clear

direction from the Lord and second concern would be for you make arrangements for your wife and third, get yourself out of self imposed isolation.

Have you done anything about what your wife did in your home?

I work as a professional in the human services for a government agency and have been at this job for 19 years.

Please don't be offended, but if that is your occupation, how is it that your wife is continuing her abuse, mischief and abuse of 911 etc? I think you should put a stop to her

behavior by involving outside help if you need to and also document what she has destroyed and her abusive behavior.

we have always lived separately although we have been married for 10 years

I guess you understand that most people would find that arrangement out of the ordinary? Why is this? Is it because of her erratic behavior?

We traded in the tablet for a laptop the next day which suited her better. I had to cancel work on Thursday and Friday, canceling meetings that would be difficult to reschedule so she could stay with me and regain her emotional equilibrium. She was in physical pain.

I'm sorry, but you do realize you basically just showed her that acting as she has will get her what she wants? You must know that, right? Is there no doctor involved...either an MD or someone able to

diagnose and treat her underlying mental and or emotional disorder(s)?

I feel for you...sounds like a very difficult situation and I would begin to deal with it piece by piece, beginning with the most urgent and working down from there. Sounds like you have 2 identifiable and

urgent needs:

1. deal with your wife and the situation that has created

2. You are isolated and very much need contact outside of your having to cope with your wife's weird world

As you are already spending time in the evening reading and studying, and you declare yourself to be experiencing multiple demonic problems, I would like to suggest two books for you...both

of which have helped me and both of which are practical and hands on with sound biblical principles.

1. The Bondage Breaker by Neil Anderson...specifically to help with the demonic problems you are experiencing

2. Blessing or Curse, You can Choose by Derek Prince

Some people will tell you that Christians cannot be bothered by demons, but those of us who are or have been, know better

Will pray for you...God bless and lead and guide you.

ps: involvement with the Jehovah's witnesses may very well exacerbate your wife's problems. On the other hand and unfortunately, she may stabilize as they

study alot and are strict with regards to what their adherents can and cannot do. Strong structure may help your wife, but of course JW's are not a Christian organization

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

I wish to do something for Jesus as i believe I am burying my talents but see no way out of my present circumstances.

I see this as a bit of a separate issue, but my advice would be that as you continue to pray and seek the Lord your first agenda should be to get yourself and your environment

straightened out and grow strong in the Lord.

You should also deal with the demonic situation.

Please understand that if you wish to help others, and your situation is accurately described, you had best get help for yourself first as the Bible indicates our own lives should

be above board if we are to help others and be a witness for Christ. That is not to say you cannot witness or even pray for others, but your situation sounds quite crippling and

I think it would be good to deal with that first.

Again, will pray and God bless you and I pray you are able to see your way clear of deception and be wary of becoming depressed.

Wingnut, thank you for praying.

Sevenseas- Thank you for your candid observations and advice. I'm certain that I will need to provide more detail and history to fully answer your questions. The need to deal with the deliverance issue is very apparent to me. The problem is finding someone who is experienced and able to address this and I have certainly tried to do this. The isolation from other Christians and the strangeness of my lifestyle is also very clear, but solutions are not easily obtained. Certainly it makes a great deal of sense to have another man i can speak personally with and receive Godly counsel. Giving into my wife I realize can also be seen as encouraging and rewarding this type of behavior and I do not condone the way I handled matters over the last few days. I must however be willing to count the cost as not giving in can potentially lead to quite a lot of chaos, at least in the short term. These last several days also had some especially intense drama and my circumstances typically are much calmer and more harmonious. I believe that I need to provide more explanation and background and will do so. However I feel the need to have a little rest after all of this but will later get back.

I welcome any other comments and thoughts from anyone reading this thread.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.82
  • Days Won:  44

I am new to this forum a.s of today. I don't wish to be all over the place as there is more then one issue and they are intertwined.

I am a charismatic Christian but I have had experiences with the demonic that are not imaginary, with objective verifiable phenomena that involved other persons as well, including the pastor of a church who now has an international prophetic ministry. I can go into some detail perhaps later in this thread, if you like, or on a different thread. I am seeking deliverance but finding someone who can help me has eluded me for decades. I recently turned 60. The internal oppression/ possession has receded over the years but the external oppression is now the greater affliction. I work as a professional in the human services for a government agency and have been at this job for 19 years.

My wife is seeking to be a baptized member of the Jehovah's Witnesses. She has both physical and emotional problems and is unable to work and we have always lived separately although we have been married for 10 years. She wanted me to buy her a computer, but after praying about this I felt promptings that the Lord did not want me to do this as her primary reason for obtaining the computer was to further her efforts to become a Jehovah's Witness. She does not have the finances to afford a computer and would need my help. I told her of my reluctance during a break from work last Wednesday and she became very agitated. I bought her a tablet and took her to my home. While she was there she ripped some of my Christian books, messed up the wires connecting my modem, router and television. On the way back to her home she pushed me as I was driving down a freeway. Later she called me incessantly to harass me. She called the police and told them that I was attacking a woman with a knife at my home. The police came to my house and I allowed them to search my home explaining the circumstances. She eventually calmed down, We traded in the tablet for a laptop the next day which suited her better. I had to cancel work on Thursday and Friday, canceling meetings that would be difficult to reschedule so she could stay with me and regain her emotional equilibrium. She was in physical pain. There is considerable pressure at my job and those were days I could ill afford to take off. We have had other situations in the past often involving matters o faith. I know I need to stand my ground even if it means that everything comes crashing down.

Although I am connected with a church, between my job which is very demanding and my wife's needs, I rarely have time to attend. I have no social life other then contact with my wife and no Christian fellowship except for a biweekly home meeting which I sometimes have to miss. However the later part of my evenings are spent in prayer, reading Christian books and listening to Christian programs. I wish to do something for Jesus as i believe I am burying my talents but see no way out of my present circumstances.

I know this may seem rambling and there is actually much more that can be said especially in regard to supernatural demonic manifestations. Please pray for me and if you have any advice it would be much appreciated, my brothers and sisters in the Lord.

Praying for you brother. :thumbsup:

What is your schedule like on the weekends? Do you have Saturdays/Sundays off? Do you work primarily during the day or do you work nights/weekends as well?

Does your wife seek counseling from anyone? Does she work?

How many churches are in a 15 mile radius from your home?

An observation: Your wife manipulated you into buying her a laptop. If you continue to give in when she doesn't get her way things will get worst.

God bless you. Again praying as there is no easy fix to this I realize. But God is good. All the time. In the storms of life God is good.

In Christ,

GE

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.82
  • Days Won:  44

I welcome any other comments and thoughts from anyone reading this thread.

Some encouragement from God's Word:

Psalm 23:4

Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.

Psalm 34:8

Taste and see that the LORD is good; blessed is the one who takes refuge in him.

Psalm 37:4

Take delight in the LORD, and he will give you the desires of your heart.

Psalm 119:105

Your word is a lamp for my feet, a light on my path.

Proverbs 3:5-6

Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.

Jeremiah 29:11

For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

Matthew 11:28

Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.

Philippians 4:6-7

Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Hebrews 2:18

Because he himself suffered when he was tempted, he is able to help those who are being tempted.

1 Peter 5:7

Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.

1 John 4:4

You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world.

Praying sister for rest, strength, and wisdom from God for you today.

:thumbsup:

God bless,

GE

Goldeneagle- I appreciate your e-mails. The scriptures you sent me were a blessing. I received a phone call from the Healing Rooms associated with John G lake in Syracuse NY in regard to deliverance, but they are no longer doing them. I live about 50 miles from Syracuse. They in turn gave me a couple of phone numbers, one in Salem, Massachusetts (which I called and left a message) and the other in Georgia. I may have another lead in Toronto. Unfortunately, it is not easy for me to travel, especially long distances, but I may not have much choice.

I will try soon, if not tonight, to provide some background. This will probably take more then 1 posting.

I n regard to my work schedule, I technically work from 8:30 am to 4:30 Monday through Friday, which doesn't sound bad. However my actual work hours are much longer,sometimes well into the evening, often without pay. Much of the rest of my time is spent doing house cleaning and other necessary business, helping and spending time with my wife. My later evenings after about 9:30 are spent with the Lord. My wife has a mental health counselor and does not work because of a mental health and physical disability. I am aware of the need to take a stand, but doing so is difficult. This is also not always the advice I am given. A few months back my wife wanted me to leave a home meeting to attend to her needs. I did not feel that there was sufficient justification and shut off my cell phone so she would not interrupt me at the meeting. Later my wife threatened to come to my home to trash it. I returned to my home meeting leader's house and was met at the door. He had apparently gone to bed. It was about 10:30PM. He advised me to "take the low road" ,ie, to essentially give in.

I will attempt to send you this in small portions as I just lost what I was typing. I t may involve a number of posts and will not be completed today as it is late..

I will relate an event that happened about 25 years ago as proof of demonic involvement in my life. At the time I was depressed, suicidal, having just lost a job and met with a pastor with a prophetic gifting. The pastor told me intimate details about my life that he could not have known bringing me to the point of tears. I believed that it was the Lord speaking through him and that he was only a conduit. A short time after this I began having very strong impressions that the pastor was seeking a deliverance ministry and that if he persisted in this that his next child, a boy, would be born mentally retarded or with neurological problems and if this were avoided he would eventually develop a mental illness. I had not met his wife and did not realize she was pregnant and told him about the impressions.I was receiving. I would have considered this thinking to be delusional or psychotic except that they were in fact receiving medical information that their unborn child was likely to be born retarded or neurologically impaired. The pastor told me to break off relationships with all my friends outside the church, but not with family members, or leave the church. Since I had difficulty doing this I left the church. I began attending a closely a closely related church. Eventually the churches merged. A couple of years later I attended a meeting attended by several hundred people in which the pastor recounted these events describing me as "a demon possessed man" without mentioning my name. I apologized to his wife at the end of the meeting. A couple of years ago, through the church, I reconciled with the pastor who now has an international prophetic ministry. As far as I can tell his son has grown up normally.

I now have a professional job at a social service agency and things have improved. I believe that my faith, my prayers, the prayers of others and my links to other Christians have cause much of the opperssion to lift over the years. I still believe, however, that dark forces are still involved in my life and the life of my wife. Some of it is internal and much is external. I met with Jay Bartlett several months ago, travelling 200 miles to meet with him in Buffalo NY. Jay Bartlett has an international deliverance ministry, a website and an internet radio program. The deliverance was never fully completed and was somewhat violent, although I initially expected nothing at all to happen.

When I was in my late teens and 20's I was personal friends with of a number of Satanists who performed magical rituals. I knew many who were involved in astrology, astral projection ,eastern religion and other occult and mystical practices. I practiced Transcendental Meditation and attempted to conjure demons. Although interested in the occult and black arts I gravitated toward atheistic existentialism, empiricism and materialistic philosophies .I suspect that these were entry points to demonization.

The clairvoyance, or knowledge of circumstances that I had know possible way of knowing, is considered a proof of demonization in the Roman Catholic Church and others involved in exorcism. There is more that I can relate and that can also answer some of the questions in previous posts. It's pretty late now and I have to get up early. I'll continue another night.