joi

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  506
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  1,922
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Days Won:  4

This is an amazing description on knowing that we can know the time we are in regarding Matthew 24.

This is a long read that is worth it!

Amos 3:7 Surely the Lord God will do nothing, unless He revealeth His secret unto His servants the prophets.

The above verse is a simple and broad declaration. If you accept it literally, the case is made that the Sovereign Lord's servants the prophets will know even the times and dates of his coming. To suggest that any subset of knowledge about what the Lord will do will be kept secret from the prophets is to contradict the scripture. But that's not a very persuasive argument for some of you, so let's continue. Consider the following verse.

Luke 8:17 For there is nothing hidden that will not be disclosed, and nothing concealed that will not be known or brought out into the open.

"The knowledge of the secrets of the kingdom of God is hidden but this knowledge is intended to be disclosed. Are the matters of times and dates excluded in this matter? What is there that will not be brought into the open? Nothing! All that is hidden will be made known. The only variables are when and to whom.  

Amos 3:7 Surely the Lord God will do nothing, unless He revealeth His secret unto His servants the prophets.

The above verse is a simple and broad declaration. If you accept it literally, the case is made that the Sovereign Lord's servants the prophets will know even the times and dates of his coming. To suggest that any subset of knowledge about what the Lord will do will be kept secret from the prophets is to contradict the scripture. But that's not a very persuasive argument for some of you, so let's continue. Consider the following verse.

Luke 8:17 For there is nothing hidden that will not be disclosed, and nothing concealed that will not be known or brought out into the open.     

You might suppose our Lord was referring to things such as secret sins, but no. The context openly declares what kinds of hidden and concealed things he was talking about.

Luke 8:10

He said, "The knowledge of the secrets of the kingdom of God has been given to you, but to others I speak in parables, so that, "'though seeing, they may not see; though hearing, they may not understand.' "

http://www.theopenscroll.com/beyond_veil/knowday.htm

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

Mathew 24

Then Jesus went out and departed from the temple, and His disciples came up to show Him the buildings of the temple. 2 And Jesus said to them, “Do you not see all these things? Assuredly, I say to you, not one stone shall be left here upon another, that shall not be thrown down.”

I believe this is describing the Second Coming of Christ.So as far as the question"Will No One Know The Day?" depends on how you interpret Mathew 24.

This is an amazing description on knowing that we can know the time we are in regarding Matthew 24.

"The knowledge of the secrets of the kingdom of God is hidden but this knowledge is intended to be disclosed. Are the matters of times and dates excluded in this matter? What is there that will not be brought into the open? Nothing! All that is hidden will be made known. The only variables are when and to whom.

You might suppose our Lord was referring to things such as secret sins, but no. The context openly declares what kinds of hidden and concealed things he was talking about.

He said, "The knowledge of the secrets of the kingdom of God has been given to you, but to others I speak in parables, so that, "'though seeing, they may not see; though hearing, they may not understand.' "

==========================================================================================

If what you say is true, then this is a lie.

Matthew 24

36 “But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, but My Father only.

As is this.

Matthew 24

42 Watch therefore, for you do not know what hour your Lord is coming.

And this.

Matthew 25

13 “Watch therefore, for you know neither the day nor the hour in which the Son of Man is coming.

==========================================================================================

If what you say is true, then this is a lie.

Matthew 24

36 “But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, but My Father only.

As is this.

Matthew 24

42 Watch therefore, for you do not know what hour your Lord is coming.

And this.

Matthew 25

13 “Watch therefore, for you know neither the day nor the hour in which the Son of Man is coming.

As far as if anyone knows the Day or Hour our Lord is coming back I say no.Only God.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  506
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  1,922
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Days Won:  4

Man, are the verses in Amos and Luke lies?  Did you even bother to read the article?

It is based on scripture man.  You decide what to do with it.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.22
  • Days Won:  58

According to that site, Im a witch because I am a pharmacist. Since they are off on that point, why should I trust anything they say?

Man, are the verses in Amos and Luke lies?  Did you even bother to read the article?

===============================================================================

No I didn't read the article. Anything that contradicts the Word, in my opinion, is a lie and a waste of my time.

There are well over 200 dates that have been set for the second coming. All based on scripture. What makes yours different?

When the Word states that no one will know the day, I'm inclined to believe that.

There's a reason we're not supposed to know the time.

According to that site, Im a witch because I am a pharmacist. Since they are off on that point, why should I trust anything they say?

LOL!!

===============================================================================

No I didn't read the article. Anything that contradicts the Word, in my opinion, is a lie and a waste of my time.

There are well over 200 dates that have been set for the second coming. All based on scripture. What makes yours different?

When the Word states that no one will know the day, I'm inclined to believe that.

There's a reason we're not supposed to know the time.

Yep,you got it right there. :mgcheerful:

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  34
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Hello Joi,

Presently, no one knows the day or hour of Christ's advent.  However, unless Daniel the prophet is in error, the minute the AC confirms an undisclosed covenant, Christ is promised to return 7 years later Daniel 9:27.  And Christ is supposed to return 3 1/2 years after the AC walks into the yet-to-be-built temple and proclaim himself to be God Matthew 24:15.  So yes, presently no one know the day or hour, but there will come a time for those who "watch."

In Yehoshua,

Guy Smith