joi

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3,134
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  2

I think the time we do not know it the timing of the Bridegroom.  Different from the time of the King of Kings and Lord of Lords.  Which all know is at the end of this age.

In Christ

Montana Marv

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  506
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  1,922
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Days Won:  4

Disclaimer:  "Fair Use For Educational and Discussion Purposes"

QUOTE:

The Simple Pattern: Noah Knew - and so can You!

Now, let's consider the parenthesis.

For the coming of the Son of Man will be just like the days of Noah.
38 For as in those days before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noah entered the ark,
39 and they did not understand until the flood came and took them all away; so will the coming of the Son of Man be.
40 Then there will be two men in the field; one will be taken and one will be left.
41 Two women will be grinding at the mill; one will be taken and one will be left.

Matthew 24:37-41

For the coming of the Son of Man will be just like the days of Noah. What does this mean? Two things are compared. One is an example for the other, a pattern. To understand the one we simply look to the other. How do we compare the two? In what way are they alike? In every way? No, obviously not, because the rainbow remains as a sign of the Lord's promise never to destroy the earth again by water. In what way, then? Let me ask you once again, what's the subject at hand? Take a step back and remember where this parenthesis has been set in the context. The subject has not changed. This passage is still about knowledge of what day the Lord is coming, about knowing before that day comes. If we look to the context to supply the point of comparison we find this single very obvious theme. So then, because the coming of the Son of Man will be just like the days of Noah, we compare the two on the point of advance knowledge of the time. If the day the Flood came was known in advance, the day the Lord will come will be known in advance! If day of flood - knowable, then, day of coming - knowable. The knowability of the day of the coming of the son of man depends simply on whether the day the Flood came was knowable.

The answer to the big question comes down to this. Did anyone know when the flood would come before it came? Let's go to Genesis 7 to learn from this important model.

For after seven more days, I will send rain on the earth forty days and forty nights; and I will blot out from the face of the land every living thing that I have made.

Genesis 7:4

Was this rain sent according to the promised schedule?

It came about after the seven days, that the water of the flood came upon the earth.

Genesis 7:10

It came to pass as it had been revealed to Noah - to the very day! As it was in the days of Noah, so it will be at the coming of the Son of Man! Some knew the very day appointed in the days of Noah, and, by reason of this simple example, it is certain some will know the very day at the coming of the Son of Man! Could the answer to the question of knowability really be that simple? Yes! But, how well hidden this has been and still remains from most! The matter of the hiding and revealing of this particular gem should speak loudly to us about the value of knowing the day of our Lord's coming. Knowing when our Lord comes like a thief and everything that attends that knowledge is so valuable that even the very knowability of that time has been hidden!Do you see it? That's incredibly valuable!

clockHour.jpg

Now, knowing that the time can and will be known is not the same as actually knowing the time, of course, but these are certainly related. If your eyes have been opened during this presentation - Praise the Lord Jesus Christ, Y'shua HaMashiach! Go ahead and shout, or fall on your knees - express your thankfulness freely before Him, who is The concealer and the revealer of all secrets of the Kingdom. He alone holds the key to the storeroom of Heaven's vast treasury of riches, my friend! Bless His holy name!

We'll be returning to this passage to discuss the manner of hiding and to glean some more important insight, but first, if you now see what I see so clearly, let's focus those seeing eyes on some other passages that were formerly concealed beyond the veil!

There is more!

Matthew 24

36 “But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, but My Father only.

37 But as the days of Noah were, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be.

38 For as in the days before the flood, they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noah entered the ark,

39 and did not know until the flood came and took them all away, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,062
  • Content Per Day:  7.97
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

According to that site, Im a witch because I am a pharmacist. Since they are off on that point, why should I trust anything they say?

Hey is there anyway I could order some hair of neut?  of some tears of toad??    Love, Steven

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.22
  • Days Won:  58

Go catch some critter enoob lol.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  406
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  5,248
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  67

Go catch some critter enoob lol.

Geocaching springs to mind.  :help:

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  34
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Hello Joi,

There is one more parallel. 

1. God forewarned Noah of the flood (the prophecy).
  2. God provided Noah with survival instructions.

Today, God has forewarned believers of the coming Great Tribulation (the prophecy).   The question is: Does God provide GT survival instructions (and I don’t mean the rapture) like he provided Noah?

Think about it.  God forewarned Noah of the flood and when it was coming.  If God had not provided Noah with “survival instructions,” then what benefit was it to forewarn him if he was only going to perish with the rest of humanity?

Similarly, since God has forewarned us of the coming GT and provided us with great timeline detail, what does it benefit us if we are only going to perish in the AC's dragnet, unless He has provided us with “survival instructions”?  

BTW the timeline details are part of the survival instructions.

In Yehoshua,

Guy Smith

Edited by guysmith

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  272
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

Matthew 24

36 “But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, but My Father only.

37 But as the days of Noah were, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be.

38 For as in the days before the flood, they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noah entered the ark,

39 and did not know until the flood came and took them all away, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be.

Addressing the red scripture verse first,

But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you.

For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.

For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.

But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief.

It seems only the wicked are taken by surprise and do not know the times and seasons.

As for that day and hour no one knows , again look at the context "as in the days of Noah."  While I frown on date setting myself (as did Sir Isaac Newton), we can know when it's at the doorstep.  When Jesus said, nobody would know the day or hour, he meant a time given to them as a revelation, and intuitive insight.  He did not say you could not know with evidence and by knowing the seasons.

To further extrapolate, the phrase "nobody knows the day or hour" was a reference to the feast of trumpets, when nobody would know the exact time, or even the day, that the new moon was sighted, thus commencing the month. This very feast is prophetic of the start of end time events.  They knew when the moon was about to be seen, as it is a matter of counting days (just like in Daniel) they had to be watchful.  People who never kept the feasts of the Lord (Yahweh) did not know the significance, and thus would not be watching.  But Israel had to watch because that was a solemn day, and they did not know if they would have it or not on a given day. It could come suddenly.

This is why it's important to know the "times and seasons". The part where we are told "nobody knows the day or hour" in our culture has the meaning nobody knows when it will be, ever, a total surprise.  But again, those who are watchful are not taken by surprise.

Disclaimer:

From out of the Shadows

The meaning of this next verse is quite obvious when you come to it with confidence in knowability.

Remember, therefore, what you have received and heard; obey it, and repent. But if you do not wake up, I will come like a thief, and you will not know at what time I will come to you.

Revelation 3:3

The meaning is cloaked in a grammatical construct called a double negative. While our eyes were too dim to see beyond the veil, this passage was perplexing, seeming to come somewhat short of declaring that the time He would come like a thief was indeed knowable. Something seemed just beyond our grasp. However, once the veil obscuring the knowability of the time has been removed we can understand this double negative like we understand every other valid double negative construction. These are interpreted as meaning the affirmative, like this: If you wake up, I will not come to you like a thief, and you will know at what time I will come to you. Only if they remain asleep will the Lord come to them like a thief. Only if they remain asleep will they not know at what time He will come to them! Will no one know, my dear friend? Will no one be awake?

For those of you who understand typology and know Elijah as a type of the Bride and Elisha as a type of 144k sons of Israel, this prophetic model should speak volumes. When Elijah was taken up to heaven in a whirlwind, Elijah himself and certain others knew the day.

And it came about when the LORD was about to take up Elijah by a whirlwind to heaven, that Elijah went with Elisha from Gilgal.
2 Elijah said to Elisha, "Stay here please, for the LORD has sent me as far as Bethel." But Elisha said, "As the LORD lives and as you yourself live, I will not leave you." So they went down to Bethel.
3 Then the sons of the prophets who were at Bethel came out to Elisha and said to him, "Do you know that the LORD will take away your master from over you today?" And he said, "Yes, I know; be still."
4 Elijah said to him, "Elisha, please stay here, for the LORD has sent me to Jericho." But he said, "As the LORD lives, and as you yourself live, I will not leave you." So they came to Jericho.
5 The sons of the prophets who were at Jericho approached Elisha and said to him, "Do you know that the LORD will take away your master from over you today?" And he answered, "Yes, I know; be still."

II Kings 2:1-5

John 10:30 I and my Father are one.

This one speaks for itself.