IGNORED

Domestic Abuse/Violence (Have a Problem? Looking for Advice?)

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  289
  • Content Per Day:  0.40
  • Days Won:  0

Not all domestic abuse is husband and wife .....

My first wife and our daughter coud not stand each other. The battles were indescribable. There were nights a battle would start in our daughter's room and eventually my wife would storm across the den and into the master bedroom, both doors would slam and I would be sitting there with two dogs in the den. "Well girls, what should we watch tonight?" 

Separate the two and each were like angels ....But the demon of both would rise to the occasion. One night the battle erupted into a  scream, I rushed in to find my daughter with a toe that was bent funny. I rushed her to hospital,  she had severed her toe. Fortunately, the doctors saved the toe. My daughter had tried to kick my wife and got her foot stuck in her make up desk chair.

When my wife and I divorced because she admitted she was not a believer and tried to commit suicide ......My daughter came to the house one night sat down and told me "If it had just been you and me, my life would have been great. 

I tried, I really did ... 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,060
  • Content Per Day:  7.05
  • Days Won:  96

I was born into abuse, violence, and neglect. What was done to my siblings haunted me more than what was done to myself, because there came a time when both parents lost the power to hurt me. They could strike me, taunt me, and do their very best to make me afraid, but it changed nothing. They introduced me to terror and having overcome that, my sisters became my only concern. 

What they did threw me headlong into a war against rage: rage at their depravity... rage at their callousness... and rage against their evil. This war almost consumed me but like terror, I overcame it when the truth stared me in the face. By surrendering to rage, I would become a monster even they would fear. I burned with the desire to not only stop them from tormenting my sisters any further, but to make them pay dearly for what they done. To make them pay for destroying our lives. 

That was my first trial in this life. I became acquainted with fear and then it's opposite. I overcame both before I fled that nightmare by joining the U.S. Army. After my military service was complete, the Lord claimed me from this world of darkness and despair. 

Edited by Marathoner
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

• George unpinned this topic