• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

I know a number of vegans who are very militant and have almost a fascist nature about spreading their doctrine.

One in particular that I know believes that if the whole World became vegan then all the World’s food shortages would be solved and he is determined to see that happen in his lifetime. He has two young children who are forced to eat purely vegan diets – no meat, no fish, no eggs, milk or cheese and he fiercely champions Gay and Lesbian rights, animal rights and is a campaigning environmentalist. Needless to say, he is also an Atheist. He thinks that Christians are guilty of child abuse because they force their ‘religion’ onto their children.

I recently accused him of having a religion of his own – militant veganism, and accused him of performing a form of child abuse of his own by forcing his dietary restrictions on his own kids. He got quite angry, told me that he loved his kids and told me that I had no right to inflict my brainwashed opinions on him. I, of course, believe that he is brainwashed, but did not tell him that.

Both he and his wife have been vegans for about three or four years. He also claims that human beings are parasites. He was not like this when I first met him and he seems to have changed quite a lot.

I’ve since found this article. I’m not sure if it has been published here before. I did a search but couldn’t find it:

http://www.wnd.com/2006/12/39253/

Now God has told us that we can eat meat and that we have dominion over the animal kingdom (Gen 1:28-30), so I can’t agree that Veganism is the way forward.

I’m not trying to have a go at anyone here who may be Vegan for their own personal reasons, and I am not attacking vegetarians who refuse meat but eat other animal products, because I know that there are a few on this site, but I am beginning to find that Veganism a little bit extreme. I just wonder what opinions you may all have on the subject.

I am also aware that both Pol Pot and Charles Manson were strict Vegans and that Adolf Hitler himself was a vegetarian because of his fondness for animals. However his fondness for living creatures unfortunately did not extend to Jews.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  46
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  460
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/26/1990

I don't think veganism in itself is evil but the reasons that people become vegans can be based in evil. I do know vegans and they are generally exactly how you describe. They are normally atheist, militant, all for animal rights, gay rights, women's right (i.e abortion) and have an extremely judgmental view of Christians. In my little college I have sort of come to the conclusion that the majority of those who are vegan do so in pride. They want to separate themselves so much from the ones they dislike because they truly believe they are better. By becoming a vegan (and sometimes a vegetarian) they believe they are taking the high ground and being morally superior (even though they are usually moral relativists) but they are actually looking down their noses. 

I have definitely heard the "Your brainwashing your kids so I'm going to force my kids to know the evil of your kind" argument so many times. And it is always from atheist/agnostics. It is like they don't understand that parents are meant to be a moral guide and sometimes a strong force to direct their child because it is in love. Also they don't understand that parents teach the children the way they were taught or what the parents believe is the best way. Since they they're so prideful they just see themselves as being morally superior and doing the best for their children even though they are doing the same thing that all parents do. I've actually listened to conversations where an atheists asks " How can you force your child to go to church and force your religion down their throat?! That is simply slavery" yet they do not understand that they too force their atheism/agnosticism and other characteristics on their children. 

So when I hear those arguments from atheist and from vegans I simply have pity because they have a strong case of Pride. They claim they are moral relativists( I personally don't believe moral relativity works) but they have their own type of moral authority: themselves. Not that Christians do not suffer from Pride or arrogance but I take comfort in knowing that I believe that it is a sin and wrong. An atheist does not believe in sin and thus believe their Pride and arrogance are justified. 

Personally I believe veganism and even vegetarianism is extreme. It is difficult to find all the of the required nutrients and nutrient deficiency is a major problem which to me is a sign that they were not suppose to occur. It is also very difficult to find food that fits the lifestyle...well financially sane food. 

I will also note that the vegan/atheist on my campus are also very adamant about animals rights but can be quite cruel in regards to humans...especially when dealing with abortion.

I don't think veganism in itself is evil but the reasons that people become vegans can be based in evil. I do know vegans and they are generally exactly how you describe. They are normally atheist, militant, all for animal rights, gay rights, women's right (i.e abortion) and have an extremely judgmental view of Christians. In my little college I have sort of come to the conclusion that the majority of those who are vegan do so in pride. They want to separate themselves so much from the ones they dislike because they truly believe they are better. By becoming a vegan (and sometimes a vegetarian) they believe they are taking the high ground and being morally superior (even though they are usually moral relativists) but they are actually looking down their noses. 

I have definitely heard the "Your brainwashing your kids so I'm going to force my kids to know the evil of your kind" argument so many times. And it is always from atheist/agnostics. It is like they don't understand that parents are meant to be a moral guide and sometimes a strong force to direct their child because it is in love. Also they don't understand that parents teach the children the way they were taught or what the parents believe is the best way. Since they they're so prideful they just see themselves as being morally superior and doing the best for their children even though they are doing the same thing that all parents do. I've actually listened to conversations where an atheists asks " How can you force your child to go to church and force your religion down their throat?! That is simply slavery" yet they do not understand that they too force their atheism/agnosticism and other characteristics on their children. 

So when I hear those arguments from atheist and from vegans I simply have pity because they have a strong case of Pride. They claim they are moral relativists( I personally don't believe moral relativity works) but they have their own type of moral authority: themselves. Not that Christians do not suffer from Pride or arrogance but I take comfort in knowing that I believe that it is a sin and wrong. An atheist does not believe in sin and thus believe their Pride and arrogance are justified. 

Personally I believe veganism and even vegetarianism is extreme. It is difficult to find all the of the required nutrients and nutrient deficiency is a major problem which to me is a sign that they were not suppose to occur. It is also very difficult to find food that fits the lifestyle...well financially sane food. 

I will also note that the vegan/atheist on my campus are also very adamant about animals rights but can be quite cruel in regards to humans...especially when dealing with abortion.

That's a great answer. I think you are right. I believe that it is a case of pride and moral superiority. I also believe that extreme animal lovers are also people haters.

Edited by WillowWood

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

It is evil because their is nothing better than a nice big juicy steak. :mgcheerful:

You can plainly see that in most cases, people that advocate a vegetarian diet, save the animals, save the planet worldview both act superior to others who do not hold the same view and that actually, they are extremely conflicted, internally, when it comes to the value of life.  Because most of these people who preach protecting the earth and animals also accept abortion as being perfectly acceptable.  So they obviously have a very selective view as to which life is special and which life is not.  Their view is hypocritical and it is also turned upside down because they place themselves in subservience to nature when the opposite is true.  Mankind was given charge over the Earth.  he was not meant to be subject to it.

There is nothing evil or wrong about being a vegetarian.  The problem is introduced when you take that personal conviction that is simply about diet and attempt to force the view on someone else.  And that is never acceptable in any case.  Were I in your position, I would have absolutely no problems in telling this person that they had drastically changed, and not for the better, and that they were a hypocrite.

That makes sense :mgcheerful:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,707
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

I have no issue with eating flesh of any kind-would even try a cat or dog. I am against in humane treatment of animals (I would not drown a kitten, for food or otherwise) but I do enjoy a good T-bone steak. With that being said, I have nothing against vegans either, but I would have issue with one who would actively work to prevent me from eating my steak.

Yes,I love the sweet little deer that surround my house but I would never ever go outside with a gun and kill them.I hate venison.But I would go to the store and buy a steak or chicken and I love bacon.So go figure.

sure patriot, and truth is I'm a meat eater also. My point is merely that I think that not everything they have to say is stupid and it is ... food... for thought.

Food for thought...... mmm. now you're making me feel hungry. I fancy a steak!

Eat Weeds 

And Save The Life Of Mr. Broccoli

And His Friend Ms. Rutabaga

Your Kids Will Thank You.... lol

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  113
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/30/1994

I would love to put a vegetarian or vegan who forces their way of life onto others on an island for a week. They would soon realize that they would have to kill an animal in order to eat and survive. The word vegetarian is actually a Native American phrase that means "bad hunter". Humans are omnivores, a healthy balance of meat and vegetables is the best possible diet for us.

I like what WillowWood pointed out about how his vegan friend thinks that his belief could end world hunger. That's exactly the type of things that people with extremist views who try to force their views on others want to believe "If only everyone were like me, then the world would be a better place".