GoldenEagle

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.81
  • Days Won:  44

I've always had mixed feelings or thoughts about patriotic services in America. I went to one tonight that was thoroughly wonderful. Ultimately, the Cross was portrayed as the center of the Believer's walk. The whole service did point back to Jesus Christ as our Savior. The choir was fantastic. The orchestra was awesome.

Understand too I highly respect those who currently serve in the armed forces. I also highly respect those who have done so in the past. Some even paid the price with their lives which is a costly yet admirable sacrifice to protect our freedoms.

What is hard for me is equating the U.S. and super imposing promises made to Israel by using passages such as 2 Chronicles 7:14 and Psalm 33:12 to mean the U.S. is God's chosen people. Or even that the U.S. is God's "special" nation. Again I have mixed feelings/thoughts on the matter.

eagle-god-bless-america.jpg

Is it just me or does anyone else struggle with this?

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

I do not think that the U.S.is God's chosen people.I think Israel is.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,696
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

When I say God bless America-I hold more to the ideals that America has stands for, at least originally, and arn't completly eradicated. We see in america, a large group of people who I believe, honestly want freedom for all, and want to care for the poor, who want to help others-both in the US and out. Now, I realize that not all in america-especially our government, hold to such ideals-and I also realize that there are a great many people who in america, who want these ideals, but are misled in their beliefs on how to best fuflill those goals, but I still see the underlying root. You still see news articles, of good people doing good things, of how God is working, and as long as the church is here, and free, then there is still hope for America. So when I say God bless America, I can honestly say that I mean it-even with all the bad things going on, and that I hope and pray that we as a country will seek God again.

@bopeep I agree, Israel, is Gods chosen, but thats not to say that other countries don't have Gods blessing. I honestly Believe, that until recently anyway, God has blessed America, and America has served vital roles in His plan-including protecting the Jews in world war 2.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

God chose Israel to be the people whom Christ would be born-the Savior from sin and death John 3:16.Jesus Christ is the only reason why God chose Israel to be His special people.I do not know where the United States stands in the whole picture.

Perhaps Manifest Destiny comes into equation here? At least to some people.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  113
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/30/1994

Right now America is on a downhill slope. In 1945 we were at the top, just after we helped to defeat Hitler. Then, we decided to start getting involved in everyone's business, The Korean war, The Vietnam war, Iraq, Afghanistan. We have over a hundred military bases in other countries. We are just like any other empire that was once considered to be the strongest in the world. We decided to over-extend ourselves and claim that what isn't ours is because we can. Now, we are on are way down. And we deserve it.

Almost 17trillion in debt and counting as well printing money to pay for our debt. Many governments have tried this and all of their economies collapsed as a result. I would say that America is much like the Titanic, big, egotistical, we see the 17trillion dollar debt as though it were an iceberg and say, "lets just keep spending, we're un-sinkable." Every citizen is aware of the debt but no one seems to talk about what we should do about it. Instead, we concern ourselves with issues such as abortion and gay-marriage. As if the right to kill an unborn child and the right to choose our sexual preference could possibly compare to the wave of suffering that we are soon to endure as a result of our own ignorance.

But worst of all, we have forsaken God. Atheism is growing as we say "we don't need God, we have our own understanding as well as science". Some go as far as to demand that "in God we trust" should be taken off of the dollar bill. How fitting, because by the time that could happen the dollar will have lost its value. Both metaphorically and economically. Our country was founded by Christians, Christians who had enough foresight to predict that a tyrannical government would someday plague their sacred land known as America. They wrote a constitution, a bill of rights, and wanted every American to know that we should never stand for this kind of treatment. This is the way the world works, Christians build something up, non-Christians pull it down as they try to make it their own.

God showered blessings upon American time and time again in the past, but now its time to put up or shut up. Are you with him or against him? There are only 2 choices.

I do not think that the U.S.is God's chosen people.I think Israel is.

I agree sister! :thumbsup:

God chose Israel to be the people whom Christ would be born-the Savior from sin and death John 3:16.Jesus Christ is the only reason why God chose Israel to be His special people.I do not know where the United States stands in the whole picture.

I believe God used Israel to show himself to the world. A part of that is the law and God's character ultimately culimnating in the person of Jesus Christ. I don't think the U.S. is somehow more special than other nations. I think the U.S. like other powerful nations (or empires) before her was used by God to reach people for the Gospel. That is what it boils down to. Yet nations rise and fall. A bit sobering.

When I say God bless America-I hold more to the ideals that America has stands for, at least originally, and arn't completly eradicated. We see in america, a large group of people who I believe, honestly want freedom for all, and want to care for the poor, who want to help others-both in the US and out. Now, I realize that not all in america-especially our government, hold to such ideals-and I also realize that there are a great many people who in america, who want these ideals, but are misled in their beliefs on how to best fuflill those goals, but I still see the underlying root. You still see news articles, of good people doing good things, of how God is working, and as long as the church is here, and free, then there is still hope for America. So when I say God bless America, I can honestly say that I mean it-even with all the bad things going on, and that I hope and pray that we as a country will seek God again.

@bopeep I agree, Israel, is Gods chosen, but thats not to say that other countries don't have Gods blessing. I honestly Believe, that until recently anyway, God has blessed America, and America has served vital roles in His plan-including protecting the Jews in world war 2.

There is still hope for America. I agree. There is much good we as Americans can do. Our focus should be in my opinion we are Christ's first and second we're loyal to whatever nation we are citizens of.

God bless,

GE

Right now America is on a downhill slope. In 1945 we were at the top, just after we helped to defeat Hitler. Then, we decided to start getting involved in everyone's business, The Korean war, The Vietnam war, Iraq, Afghanistan. We have over a hundred military bases in other countries. We are just like any other empire that was once considered to be the strongest in the world. We decided to over-extend ourselves and claim that what isn't ours is because we can. Now, we are on are way down. And we deserve it.

Almost 17trillion in debt and counting as well printing money to pay for our debt. Many governments have tried this and all of their economies collapsed as a result. I would say that America is much like the Titanic, big, egotistical, we see the 17trillion dollar debt as though it were an iceberg and say, "lets just keep spending, we're un-sinkable." Every citizen is aware of the debt but no one seems to talk about what we should do about it. Instead, we concern ourselves with issues such as abortion and gay-marriage. As if the right to kill an unborn child and the right to choose our sexual preference could possibly compare to the wave of suffering that we are soon to endure as a result of our own ignorance.

But worst of all, we have forsaken God. Atheism is growing as we say "we don't need God, we have our own understanding as well as science". Some go as far as to demand that "in God we trust" should be taken off of the dollar bill. How fitting, because by the time that could happen the dollar will have lost its value. Both metaphorically and economically. Our country was founded by Christians, Christians who had enough foresight to predict that a tyrannical government would someday plague their sacred land known as America. They wrote a constitution, a bill of rights, and wanted every American to know that we should never stand for this kind of treatment. This is the way the world works, Christians build something up, non-Christians pull it down as they try to make it their own.

God showered blessings upon American time and time again in the past, but now its time to put up or shut up. Are you with him or against him? There are only 2 choices.

Sobering thoughts Taker. I hope people cry out to God. I agree you are either for God or against Him. :thumbsup:

God bless,

GE

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.95
  • Days Won:  14

The US has never been God's chose people. He has blessed the US in the past because of people's faith. Today almost half go to church and consider themselves christian and the number is dropping all the time. In the past the US had evangelists that proclaimed the gospel in the US and around the world. Where is there one today? Is the name even known my everyone? One of the Presidents (not sure which one) said that America would be great until it ceases being good. America is no longer good and instead of praying uses the name of God in vain rather than in prayer. God still blesses His people but to bless the US I think it is long past and abortion and the DOMA and other judgements made and passed are bringing the wrath of God on the land and the people suffer yet turn for a moment and then forget when the ' good times roll'. God is trying to get the attention of the people through trials, tribulation of wind, rain and fire but they are not listening. They have close their eyes and ears. They have stopped being good. 

Yes the patriotic songs and fireworks and concerts stir the mind but do they touch the heart of the average person. God has begun to judge the US even the 911 attack brought the people to the churches for a month or so and then it was back to self not God. Perhaps I am too cynical to see it any other way. God help the people who love HIm.