IGNORED

The Rainbow Agenda and the Christian Response

I have been having this conversation with my 30 year old daughter who has decided that homosexuality is not a sin. Although I do not believe that she is involved in it, she is actively promoting the lifestyle on social media. She was raised in the Church and still says she is a "Christian" but that the Bible is not 100% accurate. It is my and my wife's worst fear; we have two grandchildren, one 10 years old and at the age of accountability. So, please read the article and then say a prayer for my family. Thanks!

Just a little snippet to peak your interest: An article written by Alex Crain. Very well written and worth the read.

"Contrary to the abysmal image projected by some professing Christians, homosexuality is not a special sin deserving of special disdain. In fact, if it helps take the edge off of the religious overtones of the word sin, what the Bible calls "sin" may be thought of in common sense terms as destructive behavior that promises fulfillment but doesn't lead to it. Ultimately, sin is any lack of conformity to God's holy requirements in the Bible. Sin begins with a false view of God that breeds disregard for God, which ultimately gives birth to attitudes and actions contrary to God's moral will (1 Thessalonians 4:3). Not everyone understands or respects the gravity of this, so some attention will be given to explore what it means.

Simply put, Christians believe the Bible when it says: "Righteousness exalts a nation, but sin is a reproach to any people" (Proverbs 14:34). In other words, any society that condones destructive behavior (as Scripture defines it), is a society that will weaken and decline. 

To anyone who prefers to live by his or her own rules, Christianity, particularly the Christian view of sex, is highly offensive to begin with. It makes a discussion like this tense enough from the start. When grown adults (Christians included) act or speak in a graceless, mean-spirited way it only makes matters worse. But truthful speech cannot be set aside for the sake of avoiding the healthy exchange of ideas. It's ultimately an act of kindness and compassion to inform people of truth, just as we tend to benefit from the truthful diagnosis of a doctor. 

Some diagnoses come as a shock, and I realize that this may be a shock for some readers, but the faithful, historic interpretation of the Bible calls homosexuality a sinful, self-destructive act. The New Testament lists homosexuality right alongside lying (1 Timothy 1:10), robbing, being greedy, swindling (1 Corinthians 6:9), gossiping and committing murder (Romans 1:25). Such broad lists like these are meant to convey one thing: we all have a sin issue. It's bad news for every person on the planet."

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,740
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Days Won:  7
  • Birthday:  07/02/1964

Amen and thank you for your post.

The last sentence is so perfectly accurate.  For one reason or another many Christians have made homosexuality the chief of sins and the battle line in the sand.

Often this battle is very ugly and while the Christian view is the Godly view, it comes off looking shrill and hateful.   there is a way to be against a sin, any sin, and not come across as hateful.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  377
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  1

If the gospels are to be trusted, Jesus seems to have been hot against money-love, self-righteousness and hypocrisy.

If the gospels are to be trusted, Jesus seems to have been hot against money-love, self-righteousness and hypocrisy.

~

Yeap~!

Jesus replied, “Very truly I tell you, everyone who sins is a slave to sin. Now a slave has no permanent place in the family, but a son belongs to it forever. So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed. John 8:34-36 (NIV)

What He Said

Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven. Matthew 5:17-19

Just A Few Words Of Truth

From The One Who Loved You To The Uttermost

~

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:

The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:

The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27

Love, Your Brother Joe

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.81
  • Days Won:  44

Why is it that you post this in every thread that tries to point to homosexuality as a sin? :help:

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  275
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  5,208
  • Content Per Day:  1.00
  • Days Won:  0

This is correct. But nonetheless homosexuality is a sin. It's one of the issues the church is under attack on right now so it's one of the issues that will stand at the forefront. I agree that the response to it could be better, but the body of Christ cannot bend to the will of shifting social paradigms. With every passing day this behavior becomes further socially acceptable and with every passing day those who stand against the endorsement of sin will be ostracized as a result. We should expect it to happen, for we are not of the world and we're going to be hated for Jesus' sake (John 15:18-19). This is just one more issue that serves to socially isolate us. But we must choose that isolation over endorsement. We all sin, we're all sinners. That's why we need Jesus. I'm not suggesting that I'm perfect or that anyone else is, but it's imperative that we recognize what is and is not sin. There's no doubt that homosexuality. It's also imperative that we approach this issue in a kind and loving manner that isn't judgmental, but at the same time we cannot allow sinful social norms to infiltrate the body of believers.

The last sentence is so perfectly accurate.  For one reason or another many Christians have made homosexuality the chief of sins and the battle line in the sand.

Often this battle is very ugly and while the Christian view is the Godly view, it comes off looking shrill and hateful.   there is a way to be against a sin, any sin, and not come across as hateful.

False.  It is the homosexual community, and more to the point, also certain so-called Liberal or "Progressive" Christians that attempt to legitamize homosexuality that keep it at the fore-front of hot-button topics.  If people would stop putting it in people's faces and try and tell them the behavior is acceptable, it would cease being a problem altogether.  I don't want to go around attempting to eradicate homosexuality, nor do I do that.  But when someone steps into my home and tells me something is acceptable when it is not, and I have to like it, they are not going to like what I have to say in return.   Wouldn't matter if it was my own child or whether they were advocating homosexuality or theft.  I am going to tell them it is still wrong in no uncertain terms.  It is an ever-present issue because the gay community makes it one.

I am truly not sure which came first, the Christian line in the sand vs homosexuality or them trying to shove it in our face.

As far as the world is concerned, it is a acceptable behavior not unlike fornication, adultery, greed, lying and many more things people find to be acceptable these days that we as Christians do not spend our days fighting against. 

Guest shiloh357

Homosexuality is one of those sins that God calls an abomination and in Hebrew, it is one of the strongest words used to describe how disgusted God is with this sin.   While God hates all sin, homosexuality and some other sins are held in special contempt by God as an abomination.

That doesn't make homosexuals worse sinners than other sinners, but we need to tell the truth about this sin.    Liberal Christians and secular unbelieving advocates for homosexuality attempt to intimidate true Bible believers into silence by portraying opposition to homosexuality as "hate."  

The reason discussions about homosexuality get so ugly between true Bible believers and the liberal, biblical revisionist sectors of our society is not because true Bible believers hate anyone, but because of the white hot hatred that liberal biblical revisionists have for the truth  of God's word.

Homosexuality strikes at the very heart of the most imiportant divine institution in society:  The family.   It was God's first instution in Genesis 1 and strong, godly families is the foundation of a strong and properous nation.   In addition, the family structure God instituted in Genesis is an important NT metaphor for God's spirititual family.   Satan is using homosexuality to destroy the family and to redefine marriage to diminish how the Bible defines marriage.

Homosexuality is not only a sin, but it is bad for society and I am not embarrassed or ashamed to say so, publically. It is a disgusting and unnatrual lifestyle that serves as a perversion of God's plan for the family and human sexuality.    Those who engage in and practice that lifestyle will not inherit the Kingdom of God. (1 Cor. 6:9)

Guest shiloh357

False.  It is the homosexual community, and more to the point, also certain so-called Liberal or "Progressive" Christians that attempt to legitamize homosexuality that keep it at the fore-front of hot-button topics.  If people would stop putting it in people's faces and try and tell them the behavior is acceptable, it would cease being a problem altogether.  I don't want to go around attempting to eradicate homosexuality, nor do I do that.  But when someone steps into my home and tells me something is acceptable when it is not, and I have to like it, they are not going to like what I have to say in return.   Wouldn't matter if it was my own child or whether they were advocating homosexuality or theft.  I am going to tell them it is still wrong in no uncertain terms.  It is an ever-present issue because the gay community makes it one.

I am truly not sure which came first, the Christian line in the sand vs homosexuality or them trying to shove it in our face.

As far as the world is concerned, it is a acceptable behavior not unlike fornication, adultery, greed, lying and many more things people find to be acceptable these days that we as Christians do not spend our days fighting against. 

We have drawn a line in the sand as a response to the homosexual agenda.  Your argument really doesn't hold any water.  Much ink has been spilt about the sins of lying, greed, adultery, etc.   To say that we have not fought agaisnt those sins is false.

The difference is that that the homosexual movement is an organized movement that is actively trying to reshape the morality of this country.  There are no movements promoting adultery or asking that adulterers be given special privileges or benefits from the government for being adulterers.     You are not really framing the problem correctly, so your comments about adultery, greed, lying don't really serve as being relevant to this issue.

The fact is that we have been lied to about something called a "sexual orientation."   This orientation is allegedly something that gays are born with and thus a gay person cannot help being gay anymore than an African-American can help being born an African-American.   The problem is that there is no such thing as a  sexual orientation.  God doesn't make people gay.  But unfortunately, the lie has taken hold and now gays are demanding minority status and the benefits that come from being a minority.

The Bible says, "woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!" (Is. 5:20) We live in a country where morality is being stood on its head and thus, to stand for biblical morality makes you an enemy of humanity while sitting by and politely allowing homosexuality to flourish and God's standards to be trampled on makes you a "good" person.

We have drawn a line in the sand as a response to the homosexual agenda.  Your argument really doesn't hold any water.  Much ink has been spilt about the sins of lying, greed, adultery, etc.   To say that we have not fought agaisnt those sins is false.

The difference is that that the homosexual movement is an organized movement that is actively trying to reshape the morality of this country.  There are no movements promoting adultery or asking that adulterers be given special privileges or benefits from the government for being adulterers.     You are not really framing the problem correctly, so your comments about adultery, greed, lying don't really serve as being relevant to this issue.

The fact is that we have been lied to about something called a "sexual orientation."   This orientation is allegedly something that gays are born with and thus a gay person cannot help being gay anymore than an African-American can help being born an African-American.   The problem is that there is no such thing as a  sexual orientation.  God doesn't make people gay.  But unfortunately, the lie has taken hold and now gays are demanding minority status and the benefits that come from being a minority.

The Bible says, "woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!" (Is. 5:20) We live in a country where morality is being stood on its head and thus, to stand for biblical morality makes you an enemy of humanity while sitting by and politely allowing homosexuality to flourish and God's standards to be trampled on makes you a "good" person.

there is no movement promoting adultery as it is already an accepted practice in our country.