IGNORED

The Rainbow Agenda and the Christian Response

Guest shiloh357

We have drawn a line in the sand as a response to the homosexual agenda.  Your argument really doesn't hold any water.  Much ink has been spilt about the sins of lying, greed, adultery, etc.   To say that we have not fought agaisnt those sins is false.

The difference is that that the homosexual movement is an organized movement that is actively trying to reshape the morality of this country.  There are no movements promoting adultery or asking that adulterers be given special privileges or benefits from the government for being adulterers.     You are not really framing the problem correctly, so your comments about adultery, greed, lying don't really serve as being relevant to this issue.

The fact is that we have been lied to about something called a "sexual orientation."   This orientation is allegedly something that gays are born with and thus a gay person cannot help being gay anymore than an African-American can help being born an African-American.   The problem is that there is no such thing as a  sexual orientation.  God doesn't make people gay.  But unfortunately, the lie has taken hold and now gays are demanding minority status and the benefits that come from being a minority.

The Bible says, "woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!" (Is. 5:20) We live in a country where morality is being stood on its head and thus, to stand for biblical morality makes you an enemy of humanity while sitting by and politely allowing homosexuality to flourish and God's standards to be trampled on makes you a "good" person.

there is no movement promoting adultery as it is already an accepted practice in our country. 

But the point is that to say that Christians don't take a stand against it is false.   Our stand against sins other than homosexuality is different primarily because there are no movements promoting other sins.  There is no one claiming that adultery is not a sin, or that lying is not a sin.

I don't think adultery is necessarily "accepted" in our country as marital infedelity is one of the top two reasons for divorce in our nation.  It is not accepted as it is usually done in secret and is not trumpeted proudly like homosexuality is.

Guest shiloh357

Amen and thank you for your post.

The last sentence is so perfectly accurate.  For one reason or another many Christians have made homosexuality the chief of sins and the battle line in the sand.

Often this battle is very ugly and while the Christian view is the Godly view, it comes off looking shrill and hateful.   there is a way to be against a sin, any sin, and not come across as hateful.

False.  It is the homosexual community, and more to the point, also certain so-called Liberal or "Progressive" Christians that attempt to legitamize homosexuality that keep it at the fore-front of hot-button topics.  If people would stop putting it in people's faces and try and tell them the behavior is acceptable, it would cease being a problem altogether.  I don't want to go around attempting to eradicate homosexuality, nor do I do that.  But when someone steps into my home and tells me something is acceptable when it is not, and I have to like it, they are not going to like what I have to say in return.   Wouldn't matter if it was my own child or whether they were advocating homosexuality or theft.  I am going to tell them it is still wrong in no uncertain terms.  It is an ever-present issue because the gay community makes it one.

:clap:  :thumbsup:

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,740
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Days Won:  7
  • Birthday:  07/02/1964

We have drawn a line in the sand as a response to the homosexual agenda.  Your argument really doesn't hold any water.  Much ink has been spilt about the sins of lying, greed, adultery, etc.   To say that we have not fought agaisnt those sins is false.

The difference is that that the homosexual movement is an organized movement that is actively trying to reshape the morality of this country.  There are no movements promoting adultery or asking that adulterers be given special privileges or benefits from the government for being adulterers.     You are not really framing the problem correctly, so your comments about adultery, greed, lying don't really serve as being relevant to this issue.

The fact is that we have been lied to about something called a "sexual orientation."   This orientation is allegedly something that gays are born with and thus a gay person cannot help being gay anymore than an African-American can help being born an African-American.   The problem is that there is no such thing as a  sexual orientation.  God doesn't make people gay.  But unfortunately, the lie has taken hold and now gays are demanding minority status and the benefits that come from being a minority.

The Bible says, "woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!" (Is. 5:20) We live in a country where morality is being stood on its head and thus, to stand for biblical morality makes you an enemy of humanity while sitting by and politely allowing homosexuality to flourish and God's standards to be trampled on makes you a "good" person.

there is no movement promoting adultery as it is already an accepted practice in our country. 

But the point is that to say that Christians don't take a stand against it is false.   Our stand against sins other than homosexuality is different primarily because there are no movements promoting other sins.  There is no one claiming that adultery is not a sin, or that lying is not a sin.

I don't think adultery is necessarily "accepted" in our country as marital infedelity is one of the top two reasons for divorce in our nation.  It is not accepted as it is usually done in secret and is not trumpeted proudly like homosexuality is.

There is no longer a stigma attached to adultery that there once was.   Politicians can come back from it with ease, a previous president was not hurt by it at all.  it is an accepted part of our society to the point people are writing books saying that humans were never meant for monogamy in the first place.

I have a question for you all.

It is my personal opinion that as far as our society in the US is concerned, we have lost this battle.   Homosexuality is seen as "normal" by a majority of our population and only the age group over 65 finds a majority against it.  The youngest group 18-29 is at 70% and climbing.  The latest Supreme Court ruling was a huge blow to the battle.

I will leave aside my views on why I think this has happened and ask what is the next move for the church?  Where do we as Christians go from here?

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  377
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  1

If the gospels are to be trusted, Jesus seems to have been hot against money-love, self-righteousness and hypocrisy.

I am with GE on this.  Every time homosexuality is brought up, you attempt to deflect the conversation to something else.  Usually the "love of money" which we have already pointed out is a false dichotomy when you attempt to use it this way.  You never deal with the subject directly.  What's up with that?

Sins are not drawn up according to a list of which are which from least bad to most bad.  But the Bible most certainly does point out that sexual, sin, of any type, is worse, and more harmful than other sins.  ...........

This does not concur with what the gospel record of Jesus attitude towards different types of sin. He is recorded as being hot against money-love, self-righteousness and hypocrisy, and rather forgiving towards sexual sin. Perhaps he remembered his ancestor David, who was forgiven by God for sexual sin.

Then you should be open in your support of that sin as well.  If you are going to support homosexuality, then be internally consistent and an equal-opportunity sin supporter and be brave enough to support all sexual sin, not just homosexuality.  Because if homosexuality is suddenly allowable, all the other sexual sins are too.  You get the whole basket of fruit, not just the one fruit you pick out of the basket.

I am new here but it seems that lying about what a person said should be against the TOS.   

Coming to a Christian forum I do not expect people to lie about what I have said, is that too much to ask for?

There is no longer a stigma attached to adultery that there once was.   Politicians can come back from it with ease, a previous president was not hurt by it at all.  it is an accepted part of our society to the point people are writing books saying that humans were never meant for monogamy in the first place.

It is my personal opinion that as far as our society in the US is concerned, we have lost this battle.   Homosexuality is seen as "normal" by a majority of our population and only the age group over 65 finds a majority against it.  The youngest group 18-29 is at 70% and climbing.  The latest Supreme Court ruling was a huge blow to the battle.

I will leave aside my views on why I think this has happened and ask what is the next move for the church?  Where do we as Christians go from here?

So large numbers of someone saying something is ok suddenly make it acceptable?  Can you show me in the Bible where it says that?  That we are to give up on something just because a preset number of people believe it is OK?

Your assertions are not coming from scripture, they are all secular based.  A believer should be operating from a biblical base, not a secular one.

Do you bother to read what people write before respond with a canned response? 

This is two post in a row you have lied openly about what I have said.  If it happens again I will have to report you to the operators of this forum.  I would hope for better from one that claims Jesus as Lord.

Guest ninhao

Hello JDavis,

I think you are considering an incorrect battle. We know that the world will wax worse into sin in the last days the battle we are concerned with, and have victory in, is the Gospel of Christ.

Isa_55:11  So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

Concerning the "battle" against sin in this world we have slowly yet surely become very accepting of differing sins over many years. A course word, a show of flesh, a little witchcraft, some innocent flirting etc have become regular entertainment on television for many Christians. ( as my conscience allows :D ). I'm not surprised that any sin may be pressed against us as acceptable really. We are constantly bombarded with challenges to God's moral standards as a distraction imo. ( distractions which may build our faith praise Jesus ) 

The next move of the Church and Her Members is to present the Gospel of Christ, of course.   

Hello JDavis,

I think you are considering an incorrect battle. We know that the world will wax worse into sin in the last days the battle we are concerned with, and have victory in, is the Gospel of Christ.

Isa_55:11  So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

Concerning the "battle" against sin in this world we have slowly yet surely become very accepting of differing sins over many years. A course word, a show of flesh, a little witchcraft, some innocent flirting etc have become regular entertainment on television for many Christians. ( as my conscience allows :D ). I'm not surprised that any sin may be pressed against us as acceptable really. We are constantly bombarded with challenges to God's moral standards as a distraction imo. ( distractions which may build our faith praise Jesus ) 

The next move of the Church and Her Members is to present the Gospel of Christ, of course.   

This last part is a dying art in this country in my opinion.  This is where we have gone wrong as a church, we have fought the battle in the courts of laws instead of in the homes of people.

Do you bother to read what people write before respond with a canned response? 

This is two post in a row you have lied openly about what I have said.  If it happens again I will have to report you to the operators of this forum.  I would hope for better from one that claims Jesus as Lord.

What should give you pause is that people think you are supporting homosexuality.  As a Christian, people should not be getting that impression.  I have not lied about you, in any way.  I see a reluctance in you to address the issue of homosexuality in a meaningful way, and it is in no way a lie to point it out.

If you feel that I am in the wrong, you have options.  You may click on the button with the yellow triangle and exclamation point which says "report" and write a brief explanation of what you think I did wrong in the next window that appears.  You may contact a moderator and tell them what you think I have done wrong.  Please feel free to take either or both measures if you feel they are necessary.  That is your right.  But if you continue to appear as if you support homosexuality, I will continue to point it out.  Perhaps, if you do not support it, you would be better off simply saying so and leaving no doubt on the matter.  What stands Christians take, and, conversely do not take is extremely important. 

I cannot help that people have different levels of reading comprehension.   there is nothing that I wrote that is in anyway supporting homosexuality.    I pointed out a fact that in this society we have lost the battle against homosexuality, it has now become an accepted practice.  I do not agree with this, but it is reality.   Christians need to understand this fact so that we can put our focus where it belongs.

Got

But if you have bitter jealousy and selfish ambition in your hearts, do not boast and be false to the truth. James 4:2-3 (ESV)

Green Eyes

But your iniquities have made a separation between you and your God, And your sins have hidden His face from you so that He does not hear. Isaiah 59:2 (NASB)

And A Bitter Heart

Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice. Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you. Ephesians 4:31-32 (ESV)

Repent And Be Refreshed Beloved

Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord; Acts 3:19

~

This does not concur with what the gospel record of Jesus attitude towards different types of sin. He is recorded as being hot against money-love, self-righteousness and hypocrisy, and rather forgiving towards sexual sin. Perhaps he remembered his ancestor David, who was forgiven by God for sexual sin.

~

Hot

And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out: it is better for thee to enter into the kingdom of God with one eye, than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire: Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched. Mark 9:47-48

Is For Sinners

For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 6:23

And For Those Who Jeer Them On

And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient; Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers, Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:

Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them. Romans 1:28-32

And If You Love The Sinner

So I tell you this, and insist on it in the Lord, that you must no longer live as the Gentiles do, in the futility of their thinking. They are darkened in their understanding and separated from the life of God because of the ignorance that is in them due to the hardening of their hearts. Having lost all sensitivity, they have given themselves over to sensuality so as to indulge in every kind of impurity, and they are full of greed. Ephesians 4:17-19 (NIV)

Tell Him About Jesus

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16

To Give Him

Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Matthew 11:28

Hope

That, however, is not the way of life you learned when you heard about Christ and were taught in him in accordance with the truth that is in Jesus. You were taught, with regard to your former way of life, to put off your old self, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires; to be made new in the attitude of your minds; and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness. Ephesians 4:20-24 (NIV)

~

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:
The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27

Love, Your Brother Joe