IGNORED

Which kind of pleasure do you look for in life?

angels4u

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

And He died for all,that they who live should no longer live for themselves but for Him who died and rose again on their behalf 2 Cor.5:15

We should not despise  pleasure as if it were evil in itself. But we must be sure that we follow pleasure  as the Bible tell us,not as the word defines it.

Pleasure  to this world is amusement  and entertainment. and it can be be very  sinful in Gods eyes. 

As Christians we must be looking for Biblical pleasure which is satisfying to our personal growth and which is pleasing God..

Jesus did things for others and was not pleasing himself by living for Him self  , by  doing things for others our souls will be satisfied.

Where do we find our pleasures?

So many Christians are compromising with this  world with what is has to offer with what we  do and watch....like we  are going to stay here forever..

What do we watch on TV which movies do we like? 

It's good to have a look deep within ourself and look if there is anything which might not please God and replace it for something which will continue ...the things of this world will end but Godly pleasure will last forever!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,220
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  03/18/1966

Amen!

Whatever fiils your mind .....will fill your emotions....then fills your life, good or bad.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,220
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  03/18/1966

Just to name a couple of my pleasures are gardening and listening to christian music. And to renew my mind daily of any stress, in scriptures that I read as I worship. This empowers me away from sin. I have grown so much in the Lord in the past few years, I am so thankful He is patient with me.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

Jesus said that the truth will set you free and Christians have a surprising amount of freedom. We are not a stuffy lot as many people think. Look at the amount of things that we can do. We have many pleasures at our disposal.

Some Christians like gardening, others may enjoy the thrills of parachuting. Some Christians like to read, others may enjoy travelling. Swimming, shooting and a variety of other sports we can take part in. The list is almost endless.

As long as we put God first and don't neglect our responsibilites, who is to say that we can't chill out at the end of a day's work and enjoy a nice sunset with a nice home-cooked meal?

We should also remember that any pleasures that we do have should be shared with others as much as possible. As long as our pleasures are not sinful then we have every right to enjoy them when the time is right and our other duties to God have been fulfilled.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  601
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

Having come from the place of being "in the world" and having lived through it-I have found a completely different Way of Life...I know there are others that know what I have experienced...The place where the impossible is possible...

Used to: I would let every movie or anything else affect my emotions...affect the way I acted...etc. etc. kind of like took it on as a part of my life...My emotions were stronger than I was and my thoughts would cause me to act on them...And that was for me a part of the blindness I was suffering from without God in my life-Who gave me Life...Whew...The problem was I wasn't choosing Him...I was being blown to and fro...Didn't have stability...Didn't have The Rock in my life...

Now a days, it's different...my heart, and emotions and everything else about me is different...I'm not blown to and fro anymore...I have a choice...I am missing nothing now...Complete in Him...200 channels on the television and can find nothing that is worthy-that says something...what do I want to put in my eyes and ears? Whatever it is goes to my heart...My heart is too important now...I watch the news so I can pray...Amazing huh...and I'm not broken anymore...Whole...Nothing missing...Complete...

I spent a few years praying for what I could do for God...He saved my life-I need to know what He wants and needs-What are the plans Lord that You have for me...I haven't testified yet because it may take like 3 years to write the whole thing...Hahaha...so that's why I just testify in little bits...I'm living in Heaven upon This Earth now because He has revealed it to me...it may not sound so impressive and exotic to some...but in this ol' girl's shoes...I'm living a miracle and it hasn't even really happened yet...My whole life has been in preparation for this...For such a time as this...

Most of all I have found that real life is much more exciting and adventurous than fiction...I have decided to show up for my life...The Life I Have Been Given From God...

Just to name a couple of my pleasures are gardening and listening to christian music. And to renew my mind daily of any stress, in scriptures that I read as I worship. This empowers me away from sin. I have grown so much in the Lord in the past few years, I am so thankful He is patient with me.

God is so good,when we come to Him He will make us a new creation with renewed desires,the old things have passed away and He guides us by His Holy Spirit how He wants us to walk in this world:) 

Jesus said that the truth will set you free and Christians have a surprising amount of freedom. We are not a stuffy lot as many people think. Look at the amount of things that we can do. We have many pleasures at our disposal.

Some Christians like gardening, others may enjoy the thrills of parachuting. Some Christians like to read, others may enjoy travelling. Swimming, shooting and a variety of other sports we can take part in. The list is almost endless.

As long as we put God first and don't neglect our responsibilites, who is to say that we can't chill out at the end of a day's work and enjoy a nice sunset with a nice home-cooked meal?

We should also remember that any pleasures that we do have should be shared with others as much as possible. As long as our pleasures are not sinful then we have every right to enjoy them when the time is right and our other duties to God have been fulfilled.

I love the freedom we have and as Christian we are free,and there are still lots of fun things to do,if Jesus sets us free He will show us also what's right in wrong  all we have to do is listen to His voice:)

Having come from the place of being "in the world" and having lived through it-I have found a completely different Way of Life...I know there are others that know what I have experienced...The place where the impossible is possible...

Used to: I would let every movie or anything else affect my emotions...affect the way I acted...etc. etc. kind of like took it on as a part of my life...My emotions were stronger than I was and my thoughts would cause me to act on them...And that was for me a part of the blindness I was suffering from without God in my life-Who gave me Life...Whew...The problem was I wasn't choosing Him...I was being blown to and fro...Didn't have stability...Didn't have The Rock in my life...

Now a days, it's different...my heart, and emotions and everything else about me is different...I'm not blown to and fro anymore...I have a choice...I am missing nothing now...Complete in Him...200 channels on the television and can find nothing that is worthy-that says something...what do I want to put in my eyes and ears? Whatever it is goes to my heart...My heart is too important now...I watch the news so I can pray...Amazing huh...and I'm not broken anymore...Whole...Nothing missing...Complete...

I spent a few years praying for what I could do for God...He saved my life-I need to know what He wants and needs-What are the plans Lord that You have for me...I haven't testified yet because it may take like 3 years to write the whole thing...Hahaha...so that's why I just testify in little bits...I'm living in Heaven upon This Earth now because He has revealed it to me...it may not sound so impressive and exotic to some...but in this ol' girl's shoes...I'm living a miracle and it hasn't even really happened yet...My whole life has been in preparation for this...For such a time as this...

Most of all I have found that real life is much more exciting and adventurous than fiction...I have decided to show up for my life...The Life I Have Been Given From God...

I remember before I got saved and how much my live is changed,it's now  so rich and free,this world is getting more evil everyday and I also find it hard to find something to watch on TV,I usually look at the news too and it makes me sad and .............

But there are day we can still be in the valley,but there's always God to help us through those difficult times:)

Thanks for sharing what God is doing in your life!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

Psalm 16:11

You will show me the path of life;
In Your presence is fullness of joy;
At Your right hand are pleasures forevermore.