• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,420
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Days Won:  0

Take a look at it this way.   

Ecclesiastes 10:19  Amplified Bible, Classic Edition (AMPC)

19 [Instead of repairing the breaches, the officials] make a feast for laughter, serve wine to cheer life, and [depend on tax] money to answer for all of it.

I am sure you have heard these words many times over.  Some things are priceless, like love.  Could money purchase it, well i mean true love, that is from the heart and not the adulterous type. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,164
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/10/1961

On 7/14/2013 at 2:37 PM, Hebrew Christian said:

Do money answer all things?

Short version: No. Money is not the answer to all things.

Money is a tool, nothing more. Though it can become a dangerous idol in our hearts if we focus on it too much and forget the Lord who gives it.

There's also the verses in Proverbs . . . (Proverbs 30:7-10)

Two things I ask of you;
    deny them not to me before I die:
 Remove far from me falsehood and lying;
    give me neither poverty nor riches;
    feed me with the food that is needful for me,
 lest I be full and deny you
    and say, “Who is the Lord?”
or lest I be poor and steal
    and profane the name of my God.                                                          -Agur

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.34
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

12 hours ago, simplejeff said:

Almost everyone ..... yes, sad but truth.

They "admit" out loud, openly,  their need for greed and to lie.... when questioned in person,  and many even online.

YES sadly many do , and worse still many who claim Christ do.  far more who claim Christ deny this than do keep it , that is fact.

I was just so happy to see it was all.  

12 hours ago, Neighbor said:

Oh Jeff, that is really sad, to think that you do not know of the many if not most all that I witness, whose very lives are testimony of their  awareness of the perfect portion  from God in their daily lives.  I know of the quiet generosity, the eelyomosinary grace of our Lord Jesus that  gets shared by so many. All  generous so that no one is either too rich for appreciation of God nor so poor as to resent Him.

God's children are a most sharing lot. Plus in truth, I know of some other that have given so much in time  serious work and money  to needs of others that they do not even know, that I find God is at work even as they deny Him as their creator. Seems there is a almost natural generosity underlying their very being.

My own family gave to others always, and from the heart without seeking credit or favor. My father spent 30 years helping. starting with Vietnam veterans to have their faces rebuilt after their horrific injuries. He was not alone in the effort, but he was especially generous with funding and time.

At the local body of Christ I know of the sharing that happens each day too. It is not all that glum  around us. Praise God! 

While it breaks my heart to have to both see this and say it, far more in professed christanity DO not do this .   I am happy some do.

Neighbor the other say what I said about that one man , JP,    its true neighbor , just wanted to remind you that .   So be encouraged and take that advice about that man.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  951
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,565
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

13 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

While it breaks my heart to have to both see this and say it, far more in professed christanity DO not do this .   I am happy some do.

Neighbor the other say what I said about that one man , JP,    its true neighbor , just wanted to remind you that .   So be encouraged and take that advice about that man.

Well let me be rather blunt - How are you or anyone to know and judge the generosity of any cheerful giver, since many very deliberately in practice of the faith of Jesus do not even let themselves know?

“Beware of practicing your righteousness before other people in order to be seen by them, for then you will have no reward from your Father who is in heaven.“Thus, when you give to the needy, sound no trumpet before you, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may be praised by others. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward.  But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing,  so that your giving may be in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you.

“And when you pray, you must not be like the hypocrites. For they love to stand and pray in the synagogues and at the street corners, that they may be seen by others. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward. But when you pray, go into your room and shut the door and pray to your Father who is in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you. -again, from a famous sermon

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

34 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

Well let me be rather blunt - How are you or anyone to know and judge the generosity of any cheerful giver, since many very deliberately in practice of the faith of Jesus do not even let themselves know?

Straightforward (blunt) , good !

How did the Apostles and disciples know ?  (see in ACTS)

It is no secret.

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

oh,  and how did /does JESUS know ? 

(see in the GOSPELS)

it is no secret.

4 hours ago, Neighbor said:

“Beware of practicing your righteousness before other people in order to be seen by them, for then you will have no reward from your Father who is in heaven.“Thus, when you give to the needy, sound no trumpet before you, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may be praised by others. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward.  But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing,  so that your giving may be in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you.

“And when you pray, you must not be like the hypocrites. For they love to stand and pray in the synagogues and at the street corners, that they may be seen by others. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward. But when you pray, go into your room and shut the door and pray to your Father who is in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you. -again, from a famous sermon

We is talking out against that false prosperity gospel teachers .   those types.    Thems of darkness neighbor.   come on , they don't sound nothing like

proverbs .  FOR THEY SAY GIVE ME GIVE ME.   thems the types we sa talking bout.

• Thumbs Up 1