IGNORED

Mystery Babylon - could it be Mecca / Dubai?

OakWood

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,031
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Days Won:  5

Mystery Babylon if you read Revelation 18 it looks more more like United States.

Agreed - http://gatesofthecity.wordpress.com/2013/08/21/is-america-missing-in-prophecy-2/

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  448
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0

Mystery Babylon if you read Revelation 18 it looks more more like United States.

I resist the myopic tendency of Americans to see everything in the Bible as relating to the US. That being said I acknowledge that western hegemony regarding international trade is predominant. Other blocs would have it otherwise and if antiChrist is to arise out of the Levant as I believe the Bible & Islamic eschatology indicates, the demise of western trade is necessary. Details of this reduction/crash, according to the Bible are to be extremely sudden. 'Within the space of an hour' or less. A stock market crash can take a day, or perhaps a half day. What seems to be indicated is either an environmental catastrophe or military defeat.

Given the tendency of the west to lead with massive military reactions and given that much of the reputation of the west is based on the gun, it may be that a defeat on the field of battle would signal a great change in world power structure. Western trade is inextricably linked to its military. For centuries this has been it's greatest strength, but in the end it may prove to be its undoing!

As the prophet said, "we shall see."

And that's just me, hollering from the choir loft...

PS google 'Sunburn missile'

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  306
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,130
  • Content Per Day:  4.64
  • Days Won:  327

Hello- Everyone!

Wouldn't we just love to know all the who,what,when,wheres and whys......but we can only imagine...

It has been long supposed by many that Rome is the city of 7hills(Aventine,Palatina,Servian,Caelian,Capitolina,Esquilina,Viminal,Quirinal)and that is pretty impressive but what about the other 2 hills to the north,Tiber and Pincian

I don't  think there is a country that  that does not have a city that claims to be the imfamous Mystery Babylon(and so it is referred to appropriately).I can remember years ago when every little triviality sparked the need to research in my mind and this was one of them......I recall making a list of all(rather many)of the cities  and alphabetizing them(lol)....I started with America(Albany,San Diego,Providence ,Richmond,Cinncinnati,Seattle-to name a few)and on to Asia all the way to Yugoslavia,with cities like Nigeria,Athens,Jerusalem,Brussels,Prague ...etc...

After months of research(lol),I asked myself...."What does it really Matter?" I mean not to offend anyone qwith a curious mind but this search,I tell you,is futile.......Azuthy,Can it be Mecca,why not?If it can be Albany ,New York then it could be anyplace.....I hope you see the humor in what I am saying....Just know Jesus is the Son of God,raised on the 3rd day,our Lord & savior....love Him with every ounce of yourself and don't sweat the rest!

May God bless us all and He is more than worthy of our praise!

Halleluliah!!!!!     Kwik

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

Hello- Everyone!

Wouldn't we just love to know all the who,what,when,wheres and whys......but we can only imagine...

It has been long supposed by many that Rome is the city of 7hills(Aventine,Palatina,Servian,Caelian,Capitolina,Esquilina,Viminal,Quirinal)and that is pretty impressive but what about the other 2 hills to the north,Tiber and Pincian

I don't  think there is a country that  that does not have a city that claims to be the imfamous Mystery Babylon(and so it is referred to appropriately).I can remember years ago when every little triviality sparked the need to research in my mind and this was one of them......I recall making a list of all(rather many)of the cities  and alphabetizing them(lol)....I started with America(Albany,San Diego,Providence ,Richmond,Cinncinnati,Seattle-to name a few)and on to Asia all the way to Yugoslavia,with cities like Nigeria,Athens,Jerusalem,Brussels,Prague ...etc...

After months of research(lol),I asked myself...."What does it really Matter?" I mean not to offend anyone qwith a curious mind but this search,I tell you,is futile.......Azuthy,Can it be Mecca,why not?If it can be Albany ,New York then it could be anyplace.....I hope you see the humor in what I am saying....Just know Jesus is the Son of God,raised on the 3rd day,our Lord & savior....love Him with every ounce of yourself and don't sweat the rest!

May God bless us all and He is more than worthy of our praise!

Halleluliah!!!!!     Kwik

You are right we can only speculate, but don't forget that prophecy in scripture was given to us for a reason. Many prophecies were unclear until it came closer to the time of their fulfillment. . It is acceptable to discuss these things and lay down the detective work now. Not all the cues that we find will be of any use and some of our speculations may be in error, but to look at different options may bring forth seeds of wisdom that my yield fruit later.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,043
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

well if we mske Russia and China angry over what it looks like we're about to do in Syria, we may well to out in an hour just as Rev. says about Babylon.

Someone needs to pass on to Putin and Xi Jinping that Oklahoma had nothing to do with putting Obama in office....   not even one county voted for him......  so don't take it out on us.

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  52
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

No, It is the catholic church.  Rev. chapters 16 and 17.//////   Rev. 17:9 =Sets on seven hills, where a woman sets (this is where the whore (false) church sets(Rome).  Rev.!7:10 Seven  kings=Egypt, Assyria, Babylon, (Meads and Persia together)  and Greece. Five have fallen(passed by).  The one that is:( Rome at that time) and the other has not yet come the 7th kingdom, but for a short time= Napoleon Empire. ( only empire to ever rule the same countries since Roman Empire. Rev. 17:11, The beast that was and is not, even he will be the next.  So, that means the eight beast is still one of the seven that has already been.  A large group of bishops came to a meeting in Nicaea in 325 A.D. and added false doctrines to the Jerusalem Church.  This brought about the catholic church(though they still harp that Peter was there first pope).  Pope means Father(called no man Father, for you have only one Father in Heaven).  They have continued adding since, such as Mary worship in 1715///buy away your sins(indulegences) away1119///purgatory593///baptism of bells 1000////what pope says is never wrong(infallibility)1870///praying for dead to intercede in their prayers////roasary1690 and about fifty more they have  added over the years, in which the Bible condemns.  Now, who is the eight.  If you know history and even the movies show it in their stories of the dark ages, that the catholic church held great power over the kings and queens and others.  They were afraid of the power of the pope.  They feared excommunicating( kicked out of the catholic church) because if you were, it means that you are eternally dammed, unless the pope released you from under it.  So actually the catholic church was ruling over the nations by a spiritual means, until around 1800.  Now lets take a look at the antichrist that was wounded to death.  In 1798 Napoleon sent a letter for Pope Pius VI to come to France and crown him emperor.  Pius VI refused, because Napoleons army had killed one of his best friends when France capture Rome.  Napoleon then, sent General Dolphor to the Vatican to bring him back to France.  The popes Swiss guards kill him.  Napoleon then. sent General Berthier to Rome and arrested the pope.  The pope was old and sick and died in 1799.  This was the deadly wound to the antichrist (pope).  Until 1929, when Mussolini gave the Vatican million of dollars and allowed the Vatican to become a sovereign nation, the catholic church had weaken to no control over no other nations.  That is when countries began to be blessed by God.  Not meaning they were blessed by God, The people were.  Civilization really began to bloom.  Since 1929 the Vatican is gaining power and is now the richest nation on the face of the earth.  This is the eight that has returned out of the seven(Roman Empire).  Now who is the 2cd beast with two horns on his head.  This is the Islam religion, with two horns (power).  One horn has spiritual power. The other horn is power is political (force).  The same way, the catholic church used  it in the dark ages.  The Islam religion will stand behind the catholic antichrist Rev. 17:12 states ten horns will arise.  They are here (back) today, setting right under the domination of the catholic church.  The pope is trying to bring the Islam and catholic religion together right today.  Happen yet no.  But, I believe it will.  Rev. 17 describes this church with the love of purple and scarlet clothes and to be decked out with gold  The Vatican is decked out in those colors, carpets over rooms, clothes they wear sometimes now, but not as much as they use to.  Look at paintings of some of the older popes and you will see.  They were the Church that killed so many true saints,  The catholics claim Jerusalem is the Babylon of the Bible.  Jerusalem has never had spiritual or political power over these nation here.  It will never be Babylon either.  When it was destroyed (About 500 years before Christ), God said it would never be rebuilt again.  Sadam Hussan started on the walls in Iraq when he ruled.  Where is he  today.  Starting at Rev. 17:16,17 states The catholics will see after the rapture that they have been deceived , will turn on the Vatican and burn it in one day.

Edited by jetson

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  57
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  359
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/30/1998

Mystery Babylon may not literally be a nation (am not saying it's not) but it may represent a one world government. Remember the bible says that she sits on many waters which represents people of the world. Does Mecca have the capability to control the people of the world? But note almost all nations of the world are under the United Nations Organisation and the organisation controls almost every nation through the false claim of instilling peace. The United Nations may be clearly seen as Mystery Babylon but i am not sure. The United Nations, if it is Mystery Babylon will make sure that those who follow Christ are persecuted and killed.

• 1 month later...

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  144
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,512
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  10/07/1979

Rev 9:20,21  is a better description of the Occult and not Islam.

Show me where in your studies of Islam where they have or do they worship idols made of made of gold, silver, bronze, stone, wood, etc.

Oh, shall I kiss a St Christopher cross seven times to give me good luck driving today.  Shall I pull out a wegi board ??? and see what my future in-tales.  Or shall I cast some dice or set of bones and see how they land.  May praying to the Buddha statue bring me good fortune.  Don't lay your chop sticks pointed at me on the table, it means you do not like me.  Is this a lot of what Islam is?  Or is this more of the Occult.   I see the Occult written all over this passage.

In Christ

Montana Marv

I think you are being too rigid in your understanding of that verse: 

Rev 9:20 - The rest of mankind who were not killed by these plagues still did not repent of the work of their  hands, nor did they not stop worshiping demons, and idols of gold, silver, bronze, stone and wood.

Their god "allah" is as much an idol as anything else that can be or has been created by hands.  If the mind has to conjure it, it is an idol.  As in, allah didn't exist until a man said he did.  YHWH has always existed and existed before the universe did, we didn't conjure Him with our minds, He created us.  So, yes, muslims are worshipping demons or idols.  allah isn't real, he's a fictional character in a fictional book, written by a demagogue and charlatan.  A warlord that had deified himself and demanded others do the same, or die.  He was nothing more than a despot that existed in a place and time, where people could still be controlled by religion.

• 2 weeks later...

I found this YouTube video very interesting regarding this topic as it explains the reasoning for Mystery Babylon being Mecca, the Madi/antichrist coming from Turkey and with a reasonable explanation as to what the 666 refers to. 

*** removed video link ***

When comparing the eschtology of Christianity and Islam, it is amazing how they mirror each other, so for me, Mecco seems more reasonable than Rome.   I grew up being taught Rome along with a pretrib rapture but never really felt comfortable with either.   Since 911 with Islam being more dominant in the news, it has caused me to be more interested and to study more in that area of Islam.    Several good authors...Joel Richardson and Walid Shoebat are both very knowledgeable about Islamic eschotology.

Please place any video, be it embedded or a link, in the video forum.  You can link to the thread in other threads.

God Bless,

Alan

Edited by OneLight

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  448
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

Before I start this thread, I have to say that I haven't given it too much thought as yet, so I'm not here to sell this idea to you, just to express it. If it is riddled with flaws, then so be it.

Here are a few posers for you:

Mecca is built on Seven Hills ( well, surrounded by seven hills, so nearly so...)

Although Dubai is part of the U.A.E. who is to say that it may not become part of a greater Saudi empire in the near future?

Mecca is under the control of the Saudi Royal family, a fact that may Muslims (especially Shias) are unhappy with. The Beast may wage war upon those who control Mecca in an attempt to gain control of it himself.

Dubai, is a city of greed, luxury and enormous wealth, which despite it's conservative Muslim facade, covers a number of vices.

Merchants from far at sea will see Babylon burn and smoke rising (oil wells set on fire).

Prophecies and interpretations left over from the mid-nineteenth century and the parallel heresies of the twentieth have clouded the interpretations of many.   Clarification and refocusing of Biblical priorities is essential before any substantive observations can be made.

First if all it should be remembered that Israel, not any western nation, is the primary focus of ALL prophetic activity.  Events which directly affect Israel and the people of the Levant will indeed affect all nations, but it can be more accurately interpreted like ripples in a pond that roll away from the center of a rock's plunge into the water.   The ripples of events in the near east will affect everyone one way or another, but supposition that the center of all activity is elsewhere is simply not indicated in Biblical text or in Islamic eschatology, which is chillingly similar.

While it may not yet be revealed who or what mystery Babylon is, it may be clearly seen who the parties are in play.  According to the texts of Ezekiel, Daniel and the writers of the New Testament, all those allied against Israel and Christ are people and nations who now occupy what we call the Levant of the modern age - Arabia and the middle east.   Proof lies in exact interpretation of the words of Jesus himself as well as the apostles.  The very term anti-Christ holds the key.  Moving the Hollywood interpretations to one side, the Bible indicates that the a/c is the embodiment of everything Jesus is not.   In point of fact, Islam is THE ONLY religious political system to arise in all the time since Christ walked the earth that fully and completely identifies at every point with the ideology and behavior of the anti-Christ.

The initial post of this thread ignores the fact that Muslims are notoriously DISunified.   There are two main groups; the shiite and the sunni.  Both have been locked in struggle with one another for centuries.  There is no known person or group at present which allows for any sort of unification of purpose.   He who is called al-Mahdi, the 12th imam of Shia Islam is said to be such a figure.   Islamic eschatology points to this one figure as a unifying personality for international Islam.   If such a person is revealed, he will be a terrible leader to be reckoned with.

As an aside, the central capitals for the principle Muslim groups are Riyadh, Doha & the GCC for the Sunnis.   Damascus, Tehran and Beirut are the leadership capitals for Shiite Muslims.   It should be noted also that the majority of Muslims do NOT live in the Levant.   Oddly the Biblical texts limit the antiChrist's influence to the nations which immediately surround Israel.   In Biblical text as well as our media outlets today, the principle political, economic and military threat to Israel comes from the same groups identified by Daniel, Ezekiel and the apostles of the New Testament.    Western nations only play a peripheral role.   Forget about Rome, Washington, London, etc.

and that's just me, hollering from the choir loft...